• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
07-19-2015, 10:04 PM,
MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
Whats up with that ?

Quote:NOTE: On a completely different matter - MapMod for PzC and MC. Due to visual changes, as well as changes in the code, made to the JTS digital downloads, MapMod no longer works as intended on these titles. The mod
still works flawlessly on HPS versions, or if you have bought your games on CD's. Avoid installing MapMod on games from JTS for now!

Does anyone know ?
If i now purchase a PzC title, does that mean that i will be unable to use the MapPod mods ?
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2015, 11:26 PM,
RE: MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
The answer is 'sorta' ...

Have a look at this thread: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67577

It is a lot more comprehensive explanation than I would be able to come up with.
Send this user an email
07-19-2015, 11:55 PM,
Sorry, i still dont undertand it.
Was there a update to all PzC graphic files or something similar with the JTS games ?
07-20-2015, 01:29 AM,
(07-19-2015, 11:55 PM)wiggum Wrote: Sorry, i still dont undertand it.
Was there a update to all PzC graphic files or something similar with the JTS games ?

Strela was good enough to come up with a "un-official" update/work-around that will allow JTS game version owners to be able to use Jison's MapMods.

The download link for this un-official update and the steps you need to follow are found in the first post forum post found here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid397707

Hope that helps!
07-20-2015, 02:26 AM,
What i dont understand...
Was the MapMod never compatible with the JTS digital PzC releases ?
Or was it a recent update to these games that made it incompatible ?
07-20-2015, 02:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 02:57 AM by Compass Rose.)
(07-20-2015, 02:26 AM)wiggum Wrote: What i dont understand...
Was the MapMod never compatible with the JTS digital PzC releases ?
Or was it a recent update to these games that made it incompatible ?

It is my understanding that the JTS versions were never originally compatible with MapMods until Strela created the work-around.

MapMods originally came out back when the HPS game versions were the only versions available.

When JTS versions started to be released after 12/10, the JTS version had a few slightly different graphics files in which most guys would agree that the JTS versions look better.

Originally the JTS versions could not run MapMods, now they can!

So now you can get the "prefered" JTS version, that has the better graphics, and still have the option to use MapMods, if you choose.

It is now a "win-win" situation with the JTS version. Smile
07-20-2015, 03:13 AM,
Ok, thanks.
07-20-2015, 03:21 AM,
MapMod did work fine with all versions before, because all versions used to be identical. The JTS version have recently been updated to version 2.0 (the HPS version have not and perhaps never will) and MapMod doesnt work on game version 2.0.

Jison
Send this user an email
07-20-2015, 03:29 AM,
Jison,

So to clarify what you just stated, if someone owns a "older" JTS version, those titles can run MapMods if they use the work-around that Strela released however, newer released "Version 2" titles can not run MapMods at all, including if trying to use Strela's work-around?

Thanks
07-20-2015, 03:58 AM,
(07-20-2015, 03:29 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Jison,

So to clarify what you just stated, if someone owns a "older" JTS version, those titles can run MapMods if they use the work-around that Strela released however, newer released "Version 2" titles can not run MapMods at all, including if trying to use Strela's work-around?

Thanks

Yes, older JTS versions works just fine with MapMod but people tend to play with the latest patches installed and then MapMod stops working again. All titles with a game version below 2.0 can run MapMod without issues, HPS or JTS doesnt really matter... Games with version 2.0 or higher (pretty much every PzC/MC title you can buy from JTS today) cannot run MapMod.

I am not personally involved in Strelas work-around, but it is my understanding that it works on game version 2.0.

Jison
Send this user an email