• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 3
09-11-2015, 08:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 08:47 AM by DasTiger.)
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 3
(09-10-2015, 11:49 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Second, I am playing the Russians in this one and all I can say is I wish I still had a "sheer number of Russians" left.  The vast majority of my tanks are burning wrecks and my soliders litter my attack routes.  My opponent has repulsed every attack I have started.  :(

I second this.  I will be embarrassed to see my casualties.  And I doubt very seriously if I will "win".

Looking forward to playing as the Germans.  When will we be switching sides?

Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 09:19 AM,
(09-10-2015, 11:49 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I have two thoughts.  First these are not meant to be balanced scenarios.  The winner of this tournament will likely be the person that can loose the least when they have the short end of the stick.

Second, I am playing the Russians in this one and all I can say is I wish I still had a "sheer number of Russians" left.  The vast majority of my tanks are burning wrecks and my soliders litter my attack routes.  My opponent has repulsed every attack I have started.  :(

I hope my post wasnt taken as a complaint :)

If the scenario is not suppose to be balanced thats fine, Im just curious how everyone else is going. Did anyone have any 88's left after the initial barrage (obviously if there was one)?
I'm happy I pulled a chunk of my infantry off those hills at the start, meant they could assume the positions after the arty died down - everything on them was bleeding...

I feel I have given my opponent a bloody nose - without the 88's - yet he seems to have a lot of T34's left, and im loath to risk StuG's against them, as thats a 50/50 chance and he has more of them :)

I also think he has a lot of infantry left, even though theres Russian bodies everywhere...
09-11-2015, 09:24 AM,
(09-11-2015, 06:36 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Between you and me i was fully aware the the german flaks can be taken out easily and i was counting on it. Those things are huge and easily spotted and no experienced CM player will recklessly advance his armor without doing some recon first. IMHO, the german player has enough assets to give the russians a bloody losses and i guess Ian's burning tanks prove it.

Yeah those were my thoughts as well, the 88's were ideal at 1-2k's range, but in these CM maps once they fire its goodnight.

My opponent has a lot of burning tanks as well, but I think I was lucky his attack option was the worst kind against the style of defense I have used so far, if he had chosen differently, I think I would have been rolled already, and I still could, I still count at least 10 T34's...
09-11-2015, 09:25 AM,
(09-11-2015, 08:46 AM)DasTiger Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 11:49 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Second, I am playing the Russians in this one and all I can say is I wish I still had a "sheer number of Russians" left.  The vast majority of my tanks are burning wrecks and my soliders litter my attack routes.  My opponent has repulsed every attack I have started.  :(

I second this.  I will be embarrassed to see my casualties.  And I doubt very seriously if I will "win".

Looking forward to playing as the Germans.  When will we be switching sides?

We switch sides? That will be interesting!
09-11-2015, 11:09 AM,
[quote pid='403767' dateline='1441927181']
I hope my post wasnt taken as a complaint :)

If the scenario is not suppose to be balanced thats fine, Im just curious how everyone else is going. Did anyone have any 88's left after the initial barrage (obviously if there was one)?

[/quote]

Well complaints are a part of war gaming so no offense taken :)  I was just making sure you knew that the matches were not necessarily meant to be balanced.

I "discovered" that one 88 survived the initial barrages (scratch two T34s).  I could have sworn I had them all but apparently not.  Took a few more turns of direct fore to get rid of it.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
09-11-2015, 11:11 AM,
(09-11-2015, 09:19 AM)Tripps Wrote: he seems to have a lot of T34's left, and im loath to risk StuG's against them, as thats a 50/50 chance and he has more of them :)

Actually it is those bloody Stugs that are the real issue.  Every time I think I have a way to move forward and avoid those [REDACTED] he flanks me with a Stug or two.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
09-13-2015, 03:56 AM,
Slingload vs Jaws Round 3 complete

Slingload (Axis) 1700 Jaws(Russian) 0

Axis Total Victory
09-14-2015, 09:42 AM,
(09-13-2015, 03:56 AM)Slingload Wrote: Slingload vs Jaws Round 3 complete

Slingload (Axis) 1700 Jaws(Russian) 0

Axis Total Victory

Was that a surrender?
09-15-2015, 05:09 AM,
(08-20-2015, 07:09 AM)Nort Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 08:21 AM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 04:57 AM)Nort Wrote: As I understand it, peipertj will not be able to play me in this round.  No rush, but I am just waiting for some direction on who my opponent will be.

I just sent him an email. As soon as i'll hear from him i'll choose a course of action.

Raz.

Just checking in on where we are in this regard.

Hi Raz.  Can you bring me up to speed on this?  Thanks.
09-15-2015, 07:59 AM,
(09-15-2015, 05:09 AM)Nort Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 07:09 AM)Nort Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 08:21 AM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 04:57 AM)Nort Wrote: As I understand it, peipertj will not be able to play me in this round.  No rush, but I am just waiting for some direction on who my opponent will be.

I just sent him an email. As soon as i'll hear from him i'll choose a course of action.

Raz.

Just checking in on where we are in this regard.

Hi Raz.  Can you bring me up to speed on this?  Thanks.

I just sent him another mail. If i don't hear from him in the next days i'll consider him out, thus award you the victory.
Send this user an email