• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 3
07-24-2015, 08:21 AM,
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 3
(07-24-2015, 04:57 AM)Nort Wrote: As I understand it, peipertj will not be able to play me in this round. No rush, but I am just waiting for some direction on who my opponent will be.

I just sent him an email. As soon as i'll hear from him i'll choose a course of action.

Raz.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2015, 04:00 AM,
Panzer Lehr and Winterfox have exchanged files.
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
08-01-2015, 05:01 AM,
Hey copper I am away with wife in London till Monday so no turns till then mate. Have a good weekend
08-04-2015, 10:46 AM,
Why was this tournament based on points rather than the games being won?
Will there be a top 2 play off for first or is it overall points based?
Iver never seen a cm tourn played this way so im wondering how it will finish up.
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM,
Why? Cause that's what Raz thought would be interesting. Elimination by points earned. He set it up and wanted to try it. Personally I think it is an interesting way to go. After all if you and I both have two wins and two losses but you managed to loose less (LOL by that I mean scoring more points on your losses than I did) then it seems a fair way to decide which of the 2 and 2 players should be considered on top.
Raz outlined the steps in his original post:
(04-14-2015, 06:13 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: Structure:
The users who signup will be split into groups of 5 players. In the first phase, each player will play four games - two as axis, two as allies, on two maps. Each player will score points, based on the numbers reported at the end of the game. At the end of the four rounds, the first 2-3 players (depending on the number of groups) will advance to the second phase. The second phase will consist of mirrored knocked-out games, until we'll have a winner of the tournament.

I believe that the mirrored knock-out games will also be decided on points so if I am so lucky as to face off against you in the end I and the scenario is lop sided so that one side is much more likely to win than the other to win I will need to loose less from the disadvantaged side and win a big as possible in the other to come out on top.

Seems like a good way to decide it to me. When it is all over we can see what people think.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
08-09-2015, 12:54 PM,
I love it when the timing of my artillery strike works out well! Do the russians have a word for foxhole? Cause they better make one up in a hurry if not!
08-20-2015, 07:09 AM,
(07-24-2015, 08:21 AM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 04:57 AM)Nort Wrote: As I understand it, peipertj will not be able to play me in this round. No rush, but I am just waiting for some direction on who my opponent will be.

I just sent him an email. As soon as i'll hear from him i'll choose a course of action.

Raz.

Just checking in on where we are in this regard.
09-10-2015, 01:47 PM,
Just wondering how others are feeling about Round 3, specifically, the sheer number of Russians, combined with the ease in which the German 88's can be taken out by an initial barrage (cant move from deployment area, trenches provide stuff all protection)
09-10-2015, 11:49 PM,
I have two thoughts. First these are not meant to be balanced scenarios. The winner of this tournament will likely be the person that can loose the least when they have the short end of the stick.

Second, I am playing the Russians in this one and all I can say is I wish I still had a "sheer number of Russians" left. The vast majority of my tanks are burning wrecks and my soliders litter my attack routes. My opponent has repulsed every attack I have started. :(
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
09-11-2015, 06:36 AM,
Between you and me i was fully aware the the german flaks can be taken out easily and i was counting on it. Those things are huge and easily spotted and no experienced CM player will recklessly advance his armor without doing some recon first. IMHO, the german player has enough assets to give the russians a bloody losses and i guess Ian's burning tanks prove it.
Send this user an email