• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game crashing in Rising Sun
06-01-2023, 10:51 AM,
RE: Game crashing in Rising Sun
Take two Tylenol, call me Friday morning!

Guess it's time to look at the execs for the games between all 3 of our machines...
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2023, 10:50 PM,
Didn't work here either. But, it's only one small scenario. With all the updates and add ons over the years, that's pretty good track record. If the game was new, I would be clamoring for a fix.
06-03-2023, 08:39 PM,
OJW, it's funny that it works for me. I had started it against Ashcloud because we are taking the "world tour" of Rising Sun.
It is the first time I've encountered anything like it. I even sent him the scenario related files from my machine and it still did not work for him.

But, you have a point, it is one scenario and a small one. I'll scratch my head but not lose sleep over it.

Thanks,

Farmer

HSL
06-03-2023, 11:20 PM,
I just opened it in the editors, and started up solo, have played this one against folks, no issues? Any mods enabled, guys that can't play it?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-04-2023, 04:38 AM,
(06-03-2023, 11:20 PM)Warhorse Wrote: I just opened it in the editors, and started up solo, have played this one against folks, no issues? Any mods enabled, guys that can't play it?

No mods used for me. I also tried disabling anti-virus, just to see. No joy.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-04-2023, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2023, 08:32 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Hello All, 

This scenario worked for me just fine. This scenario was originally a custom scenario back in the day. If memory serves I either got the files directly from Curt as I was helping playtest at the time or from the Blitz when this was not a stock scenario. 

The files I have were all created Jan 1,2000 and all were last modified July 19, 2008. The scenario picture was last modified August 13, 2008.

Check your files properties and see if you have the same values.  It would explain why it works for some and not for others. 

My hunch is that the file that is in the JTCS download / CD might have an issue. 

Hope that helps, 

Erik
06-05-2023, 03:59 AM,
(06-04-2023, 08:31 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Hello All, 

This scenario worked for me just fine.  This scenario was originally a custom scenario back in the day.  If memory serves I either got the files directly from Curt as I was helping playtest at the time or from the Blitz when this was not a stock scenario. 

The files I have were all created Jan 1,2000 and all were last modified July 19, 2008. The scenario picture was last modified August 13, 2008.

Check your files properties and see if you have the same values.  It would explain why it works for some and not for others. 

My hunch is that the file that is in the JTCS download / CD might have an issue. 

Hope that helps, 

Erik

Hi Erik,

Send me yours if you get a chance? I've futzed with mine trying to find a fix. Didn't back them up first. I know... Crazy

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-08-2023, 07:47 AM,
Files Sent!
06-08-2023, 12:45 PM,
RESOLVED: Game crashing in Rising Sun
(06-08-2023, 07:47 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Files Sent!

Ta da! Those work for me. That's mighty strange. I added them to the scenario database with a note. Anyway, thanks Erik. Hopefully, that's a great scenario and worth the fuss.  Big Grin

Anyone who had an issue can pick up the files here:

Dave
Send this user an email
06-08-2023, 07:29 PM,
This still isn't right.

Look at the scenario (Kalidjati1) in the scenario editor. The Japanese have 2x (50mm grenade discharges) one on board and one indicated in reinforcements for Turn 6.

Now get out of the scenario editor and go into the organizational editor open the file (Kalidjati1). I don't see any Japanese 50mm Grenade dischargers anywhere in the Japanese unit.

Oh well.