Winter is Coming
07-13-2015, 01:50 AM,
RE: Winter is Coming
First completed game posted.
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2015, 10:03 PM,
(06-28-2015, 05:28 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Gentlemen

The pairings for the first round are posted on the Competitions tab of the home page. It is a bit complex to try and recreate here. You will be playing two games at a time, two different scenarios against two different opponents (well, if I set it up right you will be). The second round will consist of the same scenarios and opponents, but with the sides reversed. If you have questions, post here or send me an email. I would like to have the first round done by the end of July, but I know this is the height of vacation season so we will take a look at the end of next month and see if we need to extend.

Jeff

I just want to make sure I understand. KG_Rangerr Boo Boo and I (Group B) have finished our first battle. Do we immediately start the very same scenario with the sides reversed?
07-25-2015, 05:47 AM,
You should be playing KG Ranger Boo Boo in scenario 21, which it sounds like you have finished. You should also be playing TheBigRedOne in scenario 52 (check the Competitions tab to see which side you are supposed to play). These are your two games in the first round. If you have finished these two games, you have completed the first round. The second round will consist of the same scenarios and opponents, but with the sides reversed.

There have been several delays in getting this tournament started including vacations. I had hoped to have the first round done by the end of this month, but that is not going to happen. Lets try and get both first round games done by the end of August.

When you finish a game, let me know the outcome, including the score. I only the need the score for the second tiebreaker, but it should be easier to get at the end of each game, rather than trying to go back later.

I am currently on vacation and I have not always had the opportunity to get online. So I apologize if there has been an extended period of time before I responded to something.

Jeff
07-30-2015, 05:28 AM,
Gentlemen

I have returned home briefly from a vacation where I had limited access to the internet. I have gone through the completed game reports. I found three scenario reports for first round tournament games, as well as report for the second round. I have included the first round games in the table on the competition tab. If you have completed a game and don't see the results there, let me know.

And congratulations to Group A who has finished all their games. The winner of the group is Fastphil. Both Embis and Fastphil had a win and a draw, but since the first tiebreaker was major victories, Fastphil is guaranteed to advance while Embis will have to wait and see the results of the other groups.

Jeff
08-30-2015, 04:55 AM,
Good Morning Gentlemen

I have gone through the results and I believe the Competitions tab is up to date. If you have completed a game and don't see the result in your table, please contact me. There are still three outstanding First Round games. If you are playing one of these games, please try to finish (no pun intended) as soon as possible.

I have gotten some results for the Second Round, even though I had not posted it yet. So I put in the Second Round pairings and the results I had. Feel free to start playing these games if you are so inclined even the First Round has not been completed. If you have finished a Second Round game, played the same scenario against the same opponent from both sides, and don't see the result posted, again please contact me. I have been predominately using the game results from the The Blitz so it is possible I missed something if you did not report your game (or I just missed it, which happens more than I care to admit).

In my last post, I declared Fastphil to be the winner of Group A. Unfortunately, I erred and that was only the results of the first round and not both rounds of the Knockout Stage. The winner is still up for grabs.
09-11-2015, 03:40 AM,
Hi Jeff,

My opponents and I have finished playing Round 1. I assume we should automatically begin playing Round 2 right away. And if so, am I correct in interpreting that for Round 2 I should be now playing Scenario 021 as the Finnish against Kolc and also playing Scenario 046 as the Russians against Dux Aetius?

(In Round 1, I had played Scenario 021 as the Russians against Kolc and played Scenario 046 as the Finnish against Dux Aetius.)

Thanks,
Bill (Rabbit)
09-11-2015, 11:38 PM,
Not Jeff, obviously, but that is exactly what Mark, Alan, and I (Group B) have done. Mark and I have finished both round 1 & 2 mirror games of the same scenario. Alan and I finished round 1 and are nearing the midpoint of the mirror for round 2.

I hope this helps, and Jeff will chip in soon, no doubt, to correct me as needed.

Steve

PS: I've been around coming up on 4 years and yet I cannot remember ever crossing swords with you. Not doubt Mistress Fortune was watching over me!
09-12-2015, 12:51 AM,
Gentlemen

Yes, if you have not already started your Round 2 games, please do so. You should be playing the same scenario against the same opponent, but with the sides reversed as Rabbit described. This is your opportunity for revenge if you felt the scenario was a bit one sided in the first game.

I added in the Round 2 scores I have received to the table recently, so what is posted on the Competitions tab is current. I tried to move the Round 2 schedule above the Round 1 schedule by cutting and pasting, but that didn't work. I'll fiddle with it some more this weekend and see if can't figure it out so you don't have to scroll down so far. And all of the results (with scores if available), but for one game are included in the Round 1 schedule if you want to check to see how others faired in the same scenarios you played. And if you noticed that the scores posted are not the same as what you provided me, that is because the score posted is the difference between the final score and the mid-point of a draw for that scenario. This allows for a fairer comparison of scores between the attacker and defender. Hopefully, we won't need them as tie-breakers, at least in the group stage.

Jeff
12-11-2015, 12:03 PM,
Jeff,

My opponents and I have finished our second round of games:

046.Bengtskar.scn - Through the Dark Waters
Rabbit (Russian) - Dux Aetius (Finnish) = Rabbit (Rus) - MV

052.Riders of Kalevala #2.scn - Galloping Against the Monsters
Dux Aetius (Russian) - Kolc (Finnish) = Dux Aetius (Rus) - MV
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE. [Death, Discworld] Dux Flavius Aetius )'(
12-14-2015, 02:24 AM,
Thank you, the scores have been posted. We still have a few outstanding games from Round 2 and this thing has been dragging on for quite a while. Lets try and finish by the end of December.