• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Winter is Coming
08-11-2016, 11:40 AM,
RE: Winter is Coming
Gentlemen

I have been away from the site for a long time and did not realize that there were unanswered posts here. Only three of the mirrored games have been completed and it has been several months since this round started. I had planned on additional rounds, but I think that would be a waste of time at this point. So, I am going to modify the method of determining a winner in my role of Tournament Czar and just go off the total number of points at the end of this round. But you have to complete this round to win. And don't forget the winner gets a free game, so there is some incentive. There is also a second free game for a participant chosen at random, but again you are going to have to finish this round to qualify. I'll extend the deadline for this round to the end of September, so if you haven't started yet and want to have a chance at victory, there is still time, just not a lot of it. Any questions, send me an email and I will try and check in here in a more timely manner in the future.

Jeff
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2016, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 07:56 AM by Richie61.)
(08-11-2016, 11:40 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Gentlemen

I have been away from the site for a long time and did not realize that there were unanswered posts here.  Only three of the mirrored games have been completed and it has been several months since this round started.  I had planned on additional rounds, but I think that would be a waste of time at this point.  So, I am going to modify the method of determining a winner in my role of Tournament Czar and just go off the total number of points at the end of this round.  But you have to complete this round to win.  And don't forget the winner gets a free game, so there is some incentive.  There is also a second free game for a participant chosen at random, but again you are going to have to finish this round to qualify.  I'll extend the deadline for this round to the end of September, so if you haven't started yet and want to have a chance at victory, there is still time, just not a lot of it.  Any questions, send me an email and I will try and check in here in a more timely manner in the future.

Jeff

Jeff,

It's sad to see a tournament end this way, but I see why. I do appreciate your willingness to put these on for our
enjoyment and all the work you put into them.

Ed
aka Richie61
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
08-18-2016, 01:50 AM,
Jeff, I too thank you and appreciate your tireless devotion to our hobby! Thanks for an excellent tourney experience!

I feel bad that my name is in the "incomplete" stack. But since may RL has been a true bronco - and I am hanging on for dear life waiting for the 8 second buzzer! New demanding job, house search, house buy, move yada yada yada.

Thanks again and I always enjoy seeing your posts and your work!

Steve
08-22-2016, 03:19 PM,
(06-27-2016, 02:51 AM)kolc Wrote: I have to admit...that this one slipped off my game radar as well...not sure if Dog Soldier is available or whether it is too late???

I thought this tournament had ended.  Since it is back on the front burner, let us get our games going.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-23-2016, 06:00 AM,
(08-22-2016, 03:19 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 02:51 AM)kolc Wrote: I have to admit...that this one slipped off my game radar as well...not sure if Dog Soldier is available or whether it is too late???

I thought this tournament had ended.  Since it is back on the front burner, let us get our games going.

Dog Soldier

Russian turn sent.... Salute4
02-01-2017, 12:18 PM,
Sorry for the long delay. Der Landser and Rabbit just finished with the following results:

87 Rabbit (Russian) Major Victory vs. Der Landser (Finnish)
-91 Der Landser (Russian) Major Defeat vs. Rabbit (Finnish)

It might have been a very different outcome if the Russians hadn't drugged the Finn horses' hays bales, delaying their cavalry just enough to allow the Russians to overrun the Finns' front defenses. (Not that we are admitting to anything!)
05-02-2017, 06:54 AM,
So what was the final outcome?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
05-02-2017, 12:13 PM,
Well, that is a really good question. I have been tempted to call the thing dead a couple of times, but each time there is a bit of interest and I leave it open. At this point I am not sure there is any interest left. With so few games in the third round completed, it's pretty hard to declare a winner. Anybody got any ideas?