• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Just musing to myself
06-05-2015, 04:34 PM,
RE: Just musing to myself
This is a bit confusing.

I'm guessing the units on the right are South African, judging by their headgear. That would mean that, at the earliest, it could cover Operation Crusader.

At first I thought the pink units were the 11th Hussars. However, they turned in their Rolls Royce Armoured Cars before Crusader and were equipped with Humbers at the time, even though until I read that half an hour ago I thought they still had Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=140470

There were still a few Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars around, but not full units. I also don't think they had many Daimler Scout Cars at the time anymore either. They are seemingly small units, however, as they have only 1 counter, and the British Armoured Car/Scout Car are pretty big, so they might be independent platoons of some sort.

They don't have the same colour as the Indian units and the South Africans used the Marmon-Herrington.

After looking for 1.5 hours just after this teaser, it's time to do something else again. At least I learned a few things today, such as that it was fairly common to equip the armoured cars with captured AT guns/rifles.
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 04:42 PM,
(06-05-2015, 04:34 PM)ComradeP Wrote: This is a bit confusing.

I'm guessing the units on the right are South African, judging by their headgear. That would mean that, at the earliest, it could cover Operation Crusader.

At first I thought the pink units were the 11th Hussars. However, they turned in their Rolls Royce Armoured Cars before Crusader and were equipped with Humbers at the time, even though until I read that half an hour ago I thought they still had Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=140470

There were still a few Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars around, but not full units. I also don't think they had many Daimler Scout Cars at the time anymore either. They are seemingly small units, however, as they have only 1 counter, and the British Armoured Car/Scout Car are pretty big, so they might be independent platoons of some sort.

They don't have the same colour as the Indian units and the South Africans used the Marmon-Herrington.

After looking for 1.5 hours just after this teaser, it's time to do something else again. At least I learned a few things today, such as that it was fairly common to equip the armoured cars with captured AT guns/rifles.

It's called a teaser for a reason!!!! Helmet Wink

David
06-05-2015, 05:51 PM,
It's an imaginary war, right? A complete hypothetical situation where the Axis invades South Africa and the gurkhas come to assist? Then there's an alien invasion.....
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM,
(06-05-2015, 05:51 PM)phoenix Wrote: It's an imaginary war, right? A complete hypothetical situation where the Axis invades South Africa and the gurkhas come to assist? Then there's an alien invasion.....

Damn it!

Were the teasers that obvious???!!

David
06-06-2015, 01:00 AM,
Tobruk maybe? PB centers on a battle and with the scale of forces in North Africa, Brevity, Battleaxe and Crusader could all be covered in that title. The point of those operations was to relieve Tobruk to begin with. Maybe even have Gazala covered as well. Just a guess.
06-06-2015, 01:15 AM,
What about Crete and 1939/ 1940 Poland/ France Box Hide
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
06-06-2015, 02:02 AM,
I allways say that Africa is a good area for a PzB title, maybe i dislike here El-Alamein for the fight type (is similar to Kursk) and because battlefield is more limited in size, this is good to create the map and open options for long scens (2 days or more following the fight of a division in an area for example... a interesting type of scens and you dont need link individual scens like in other Tiller titles, you play over same map) BUT maybe focus a lot action in an area and you see less mobile fight.

For me Tobruk41 center in the fight to link with the garrison and add scens to cover specific actions (Ariete fight) and bonus scens like Battleaxe and Brevity.

Maybe my favourite portrait in PzC from Volcanoman mods is for Tobruk 41 the guy on the left used for the infantry in Afrika division... the left guy, i allways like it.

[Image: afrikakorps.jpg]

But if you add aliens i dont find problems, Rommel is ready for them LOL

[Image: 3dcdbdc7a14c7255e34619c83b50e5c3.jpg]
06-06-2015, 02:10 AM,
I guess in the case of Tobruk, the game could include multiple offensives. As far as I know, it would be one of the first games to focus on a location instead of an offensive, however.

Moscow '42 has a winter and hypothetical summer campaign, but the rest of the games focus on one (part of a) campaign.
06-06-2015, 02:26 AM,
Well, this is something they need explore in future... i feel that serie needs long scens where you need manage your forces to have them ready to fight a 2nd day or more... are 2 options or use the PzC big scens (campaign scens) OR the SB-Nap-ACW linked scens.

I like that a title offer diferent phases in a battle and Tobruk with the scale using same map can cover actions in diferent periods.

Well, first step is PzB2 and see how is the evolution in AT combat... maybe as is game now is better for a pure infantry title like Crete (or why not the Pacific) but in a few years...

But dont worry you can continue with leaks and concepts for future titles is allways a food add.
06-06-2015, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 04:10 AM by phoenix.)
In all seriousness, from the predominance of sandy coloured uniforms and backgrounds......it has to be a desert situation. And if other teasers suggest that more movement (less slog) will be the character of the operation, then not any of the desert siege situations. But that leaves quite a few options. I'd put my money on a title covering parts of a range of north Africa/med operations, as some of the SB titles have done (covered a range, rather than one single op).

But what's the ETA, Strela? This year, yeah, but before or after the summer?