• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
05-09-2015, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 07:04 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
(05-02-2015, 11:25 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 10:55 PM)Al Wrote: Thanks for update Strela - looks good!

I wanted to point this out, however...

Quote: When units are combined, the combined unit takes on the average of the fatigue of the individual units by strength.

This is a change from the way it has "always" been where the combined stack takes the highest fatigue. Is this something that will be done in other PzC titles or is it just Moscow '42 specific?

This will go into other titles as they are patched.

This was a bug in every previous game(!) and was only discovered/discussed in detail when we were working on the first Panzer Battles title. John Tiller did not realise the code was taking the higher value - it was always meant to average it.

Both FWWC's have this corrected. Kharkov '43 will have that in the patch that will be due out soon.

David

The bizarre thing from my POV is that this "bug" made it into the old rules manuals as well because the
manual states "When units combine, the combined unit will have the worst unit conditions of any of the individual units." ??

I can say that in FWWC this updated feature now works very well and for me has solved a long running and annoying issue. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 03:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015, 03:21 PM by BigDuke66.)
Ha I could have sworn I had read this somewhere, of course if it was only in the old manuals...
I wish they would patch the PC series as fast as they changed the manuals.
At least the CW series has no splitting/combing of units so this is no problem there.
05-10-2015, 03:15 PM,
Actually it is in the current manuals, at least for Moscow'42, Tunisia and the latest Smolensk manuals, for example. I do think the verbiage may have changed a bit from the very first manual but it is similar if it has changed.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-14-2015, 05:41 PM,
(05-09-2015, 07:03 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: The bizarre thing from my POV is that this "bug" made it into the old rules manuals as well because the
manual states "When units combine, the combined unit will have the worst unit conditions of any of the individual units." ??

I can say that in FWWC this updated feature now works very well and for me has solved a long running and annoying issue. Smile

Hi,

I also want to point out that the word 'bug' (used by me) was may be too strong.

As pointed out I queried John hard on what the rationale was for taking the higher value when we started work on Panzer Battles. Fatigue is even more debilitating in that series in that the thresholds for taking morale losses is less.

I took John through the impacts with some examples and in one of his replies he mentioned averaging. When I pointed out the higher value he agreed that made no sense.

So this issue was realised at that point and its up to the lead developers to get it included in any upcoming patches for their games etc.

I will mention the other series to John.

David
05-14-2015, 08:24 PM,
What David said is correct, in that it is up to lead developers to bring this sort of thing up to JT. If it is not already part of an engine, then that becomes an engine change (if it is already supposed to be in there then that is a little different situation) - if it is an engine change then that has to go through the engine change process -and each project lead then basically prioritises what they want to present.

A lot of this can be dependent on how much of an impact it has on a given title ... a lot of this has to do with OOB structure (and this can be pretty different even within any given series depending upon what one is trying to represent.).

It'll definitely get presented if it is a proposed engine change.
Send this user an email