• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
05-02-2015, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 11:47 AM by Compass Rose.)
a_Arrow  JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
JTS just released Moscow '42 Update 1.02

Changes for Moscow '42 Version 1.02
- When units are combined, the combined unit takes on the average of the fatigue of the individual units by strength.
- Added 2D terrain slopes to show elevations.
- New Unit box graphics based off Panzer Battles
- New terrain graphics for all ground states.
- New hex features/hex side graphics. There is now both winter and summer versions in new directories under the map directory. Summer is the game default. Using Winter will add snowy trees and frozen rivers. To add just copy the 4 files under \Map\Winter into the Map directory and overwrite. To restore the summer defaults just copy the 4 files under the summer directory into the map directory and overwrite.
- New NATO symbols, courtesy Jison.
- New map embedded fortification graphics.
- New Winter Counterattack Order of Battle (Moscow '42 Counterattack - Variant).
This OB is the default for all scenarios other than the #1201_01 Naro-Fominsk series. All German units have lowered maximum unit size to prevent reinforcements creating units that are ahistorically strong.
- Various scenario changes.

The update can be found here:

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 03:41 PM,
RE: JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
Thanks Compass Rose,

There are plenty of screen shots in the 'Coming Soon' thread.

Here is a few more for comparison;

The original Winter graphics;

[Image: M42%2024.png]

The new Winter graphics using the optional 'Snow' trees and frozen rivers;

[Image: M42%2025.png]

And a zoomed in shot;

[Image: M42%2026.png]

Kharkov '43 will be next while progress continues to be made on the next Panzer Battles title.

David
05-02-2015, 04:15 PM,
Is there a consensus on using these new graphics instead of the mods I'm currently using (Jison/Volcano among others)--it sounds like these new graphics have been made by Jison/Volcanoman, so the old mods seem to be superfluous at this point?

If I install the patch, will the old mods even work anymore if I wanted them to, or will the 3D terrain graphics screw them up?

The new graphics look great, I'm just trying to figure out the deal before I jump in...
05-02-2015, 07:05 PM,
(05-02-2015, 04:15 PM)76mm Wrote: Is there a consensus on using these new graphics instead of the mods I'm currently using (Jison/Volcano among others)--it sounds like these new graphics have been made by Jison/Volcanoman, so the old mods seem to be superfluous at this point?

If I install the patch, will the old mods even work anymore if I wanted them to, or will the 3D terrain graphics screw them up?

The new graphics look great, I'm just trying to figure out the deal before I jump in...

The move to the '3D' graphics screws up, Jison's default mod, at least for hex sides and terrain.

If you want to continue to use Jison's/Volcano Mans mods, do the following;

Apply the latest Moscow '42 patch, then run Jison's Moscow '42 mod and THEN the patch I put in this thread;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67577

That will maintain Mapmod. As a last step if you want Volcano Man's art run it last.

The new graphics borrow Jison's NATO symbols and a few other small items, otherwise they are all my originals.

David
05-02-2015, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 08:13 PM by phoenix.)
For what my tuppence is worth, David, I prefer your graphics to Jison's (I do love Jison's, for sure), if only because yours do not include the compulsory hex outlines which spoil the beauty and fairly natural look of the maps, to me. (I wish Jison would do a hex free version, as he did for WitE). I think the maps for PB1 are really top quality. I'm not much interested in the Moscow 42 action, but I might go for that as well looking at the pics above.

Thanks for the hard work on these titles. Really look forward to the Kharkov '43 patch. Any idea how much longer that will be?

Peter
05-02-2015, 10:55 PM,
Thanks for update Strela - looks good!

I wanted to point this out, however...

Quote: When units are combined, the combined unit takes on the average of the fatigue of the individual units by strength.

This is a change from the way it has "always" been where the combined stack takes the highest fatigue. Is this something that will be done in other PzC titles or is it just Moscow '42 specific?
05-02-2015, 11:08 PM,
Help  RE: JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
Help! Yikes
I tried the new patch but dont work properly.
During the unzip appears an error message which I think says
that the Moscow 42 exe file can not be replaced and the unzip stops.
Then, the game run, but the new terrain graphics are horrible,
with big holes blacks!
The new box graphics works only for germans and the symbols
of the units too show obvious deformity.
I tried the installation procedure of the patch twice, reinstalling the game
in the initial release, but always with the same result.
I look forward to clarification of the problems reported.
Greetings
05-02-2015, 11:22 PM,
(05-02-2015, 11:08 PM)fabiominatti Wrote: Help! Yikes
I tried the new patch but dont work properly.
During the unzip appears an error message which I think says
that the Moscow 42 exe file can not be replaced and the unzip stops.
Then, the game run, but the new terrain graphics are horrible,
with big holes blacks!
The new box graphics works only for germans and the symbols
of the units too show obvious deformity.
I tried the installation procedure of the patch twice, reinstalling the game
in the initial release, but always with the same result.
I look forward to clarification of the problems reported.
Greetings

Hi,

I have just had this issue reported to me and gone back and checked.

There is an issue when using a clean install (i.e. not patched to version 1.01)

Please do the following (temporarily) while I get John to update the patch.

The issue is that Moscow42.exe is read only and hence can not be overwritten.

Do the following to fix;

Go to Moscow42.exe and right click.
Select properties.
At the bottom of the dialog box should be 'Attributes'
Read-only will be ticked. please untick it.

Try running the patch again. If it runs to conclusion you have fixed the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience I have worked with a patched version the whole time and not gone back and tested the original install.

David
05-02-2015, 11:25 PM,
(05-02-2015, 10:55 PM)Al Wrote: Thanks for update Strela - looks good!

I wanted to point this out, however...

Quote: When units are combined, the combined unit takes on the average of the fatigue of the individual units by strength.

This is a change from the way it has "always" been where the combined stack takes the highest fatigue. Is this something that will be done in other PzC titles or is it just Moscow '42 specific?

This will go into other titles as they are patched.

This was a bug in every previous game(!) and was only discovered/discussed in detail when we were working on the first Panzer Battles title. John Tiller did not realise the code was taking the higher value - it was always meant to average it.

Both FWWC's have this corrected. Kharkov '43 will have that in the patch that will be due out soon.

David
05-02-2015, 11:32 PM,
(05-02-2015, 11:25 PM)Strela Wrote: ...
This was a bug in every previous game(!) and was only discovered/discussed in detail when we were working on the first Panzer Battles title. John Tiller did not realise the code was taking the higher value - it was always meant to average it.

Both FWWC's have this corrected. Kharkov '43 will have that in the patch that will be due out soon.

David

Interesting David, as the max was always a common comment about wanting it averaged, for 14 years now! A good change to see.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]