• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
05-03-2015, 12:03 AM,
RE: JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
(05-02-2015, 11:22 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 11:08 PM)fabiominatti Wrote: Help! Yikes
I tried the new patch but dont work properly.
During the unzip appears an error message which I think says
that the Moscow 42 exe file can not be replaced and the unzip stops.
Then, the game run, but the new terrain graphics are horrible,
with big holes blacks!
The new box graphics works only for germans and the symbols
of the units too show obvious deformity.
I tried the installation procedure of the patch twice, reinstalling the game
in the initial release, but always with the same result.
I look forward to clarification of the problems reported.
Greetings

Hi,

I have just had this issue reported to me and gone back and checked.

There is an issue when using a clean install (i.e. not patched to version 1.01)

Please do the following (temporarily) while I get John to update the patch.

The issue is that Moscow42.exe is read only and hence can not be overwritten.

Do the following to fix;

Go to Moscow42.exe and right click.
Select properties.
At the bottom of the dialog box should be 'Attributes'
Read-only will be ticked. please untick it.

Try running the patch again. If it runs to conclusion you have fixed the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience I have worked with a patched version the whole time and not gone back and tested the original install.

David

All,

I have just spoken to John Tiller on this. We're seeing what we can do, but the easiest way to fix this is by deleting Moscow42.exe BEFORE you run the patch.

By doing this there is nothing that the new Moscow42.exe needs to overwrite.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we're seeing whether there is anything we can do to fix this - it appears to only be a problem with the original game installer.

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 12:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 12:10 AM by Fhil.)
Regarding the average fatigue when units are combined, that´s another very good change taking place here! I lack only one engine change now - disrupted units have full movement allowance Helmet Smile I think it is so in FWW campaigns isn´t it? It would be beatiful to have this implemented into PzC system as well!

Although I don´t own Kharkov ´43 and Moscow ´42 yet, they both seem very good products, and I have to say that the supporting documentation is excelent as well!
05-03-2015, 05:09 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: JTS Moscow '42 Update 1.02 Released
Hi David!
The recommended method by John Tiller to delete the old file exe works well!!
Thanks so much of the quick response to the problem! Thumbs Up
Have a very good weekend! Smile
05-03-2015, 05:27 AM,
(05-02-2015, 11:32 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 11:25 PM)Strela Wrote: ...
This was a bug in every previous game(!) and was only discovered/discussed in detail when we were working on the first Panzer Battles title. John Tiller did not realise the code was taking the higher value - it was always meant to average it.

Both FWWC's have this corrected. Kharkov '43 will have that in the patch that will be due out soon.

David

Interesting David, as the max was always a common comment about wanting it averaged, for 14 years now! A good change to see.

Rick

Indeed, I never liked that rule that applied the max fatigue to all units when combined, when I read that David's PB series would take the average fatigue of the combined unit we suggested that Ed try to get the feature implemented into his FWWC titles and was very happy when that happened, I never realised it was a minor bug all along! Smile
05-03-2015, 05:36 AM,
(05-03-2015, 12:10 AM)Fhil Wrote: I lack only one engine change now - disrupted units have full movement allowance Helmet Smile I think it is so in FWW campaigns isn´t it? It would be beatiful to have this implemented into PzC system as well!

Yes that feature is used in FWWC, disrupted units only move at 2/3 MP at night and can only move one hex towards spotted units by day, the change was introduced to allow players to move disrupted units backwards at the same speed as un disrupted units.
05-03-2015, 10:10 PM,
The new update looks very nice, but when trying the Grand Campaign, The combine/breakdown function no longer works....
05-03-2015, 10:22 PM,
Nevermind, My Mistake, All is well
05-03-2015, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 10:41 PM by Strela.)
(05-03-2015, 10:22 PM)kazooba Wrote: Nevermind, My Mistake, All is well

I've just rushed off and tested this for you. I'm guessing you were in the Soviet turn trying to combine/breakdown Axis units? Helmet Wink

In all seriousness please do report any bugs you see. The early reporting of the unzip crash after the patch was released allowed us to look at the issue and provide workarounds before too many people had run into the same issue.

All commentary is appreciated.

David
05-04-2015, 01:41 AM,
(05-03-2015, 10:40 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 10:22 PM)kazooba Wrote: Nevermind, My Mistake, All is well

I've just rushed off and tested this for you. I'm guessing you were in the Soviet turn trying to combine/breakdown Axis units? Helmet Wink

In all seriousness please do report any bugs you see. The early reporting of the unzip crash after the patch was released allowed us to look at the issue and provide workarounds before too many people had run into the same issue.

All commentary is appreciated.

David

Thanks David,

I was in the russian turn, my bad, thanks for the quick response.

K
05-09-2015, 04:03 PM,
Ah crap, test that fatigue thing just in one of the Napi titles and there we have the same problem.
What I don't get is the series just got a line of new patches and is almost done, wonder why they didn't fix it when this error is already known for so long.