• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
05-05-2015, 08:09 PM,
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
Was the T34 killed on the bridge?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 11:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 11:50 PM by iluvmy88.)
yes it was
[Image: old%20ironsides.jpg]
05-11-2015, 06:56 AM,
(05-04-2015, 03:17 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote: Group 1- jaws vs iluvmy88 started and complete. total axis victory

Wow, that was fast.
How many turns did it last?
Was it an auto-surrender or did your opponent surrender?
05-11-2015, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015, 07:03 AM by iluvmy88.)
(05-11-2015, 06:56 AM)TedR Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 03:17 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote: Group 1- jaws vs iluvmy88 started and complete. total axis victory

Wow, that was fast.

opponent surrendered he lost almost all of his armor pretty quickly and i lost none. a lot of lucky shots on my part but it is what it is. but to break it down i left the right flank wide open, he saw an opportunity to strike my rear not knowing i was expecting it, i attacked his tanks while the inf was still mounted and took out 2 1 with a panzershrek and another was taken out by a pz4. the remainder tried to retreate across the center bridge and i maneuvered my tanks that where attacking the city to cover the bridge, in the end 4 t-34's dead and 2 other t70's that where assaulting the city to the left. as well as 34 killed. i only had 1 casualty. bad luck for him really i would have done the same thing.
05-11-2015, 08:50 AM,
(05-11-2015, 06:58 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 06:56 AM)TedR Wrote:

Wow, that was fast.

opponent surrendered he lost almost all of his armor pretty quickly and i lost none. a lot of lucky shots on my part but it is what it is. but to break it down i left the right flank wide open, he saw an opportunity to strike my rear not knowing i was expecting it, i attacked his tanks while the inf was still mounted and took out 2 1 with a panzershrek and another was taken out by a pz4. the remainder tried to retreate across the center bridge and i maneuvered my tanks that where attacking the city to cover the bridge, in the end 4 t-34's dead and 2 other t70's that where assaulting the city to the left. as well as 34 killed. i only had 1 casualty. bad luck for him really i would have done the same thing.

So when he surrendered, he was awarded 50 points and you had 1350 - did you have all of the objectives then? It appears like there are 1400 points available so did the game give you all but 50 points?
05-11-2015, 08:55 AM,
Raz - I have a question here - how does the game score it when someone surrenders? In this case were the 1350 points awarded by the game system? There were, if I can count correctly 1400 total points available, so is it right to award a player all the points if the other guy quits? What was the actual score given objectives, casualties, etc??
05-11-2015, 09:11 AM,
(05-11-2015, 08:55 AM)H Wrote: Raz - I have a question here - how does the game score it when someone surrenders? In this case were the 1350 points awarded by the game system? There were, if I can count correctly 1400 total points available, so is it right to award a player all the points if the other guy quits? What was the actual score given objectives, casualties, etc??

surrender gives up all victory points and calculates casualties, since i only had one i got a full score. this is only if casualties are figured in tho. a ceasefire will take into account all VP held by both sides
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM,
(05-11-2015, 09:11 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 08:55 AM)H Wrote: Raz - I have a question here - how does the game score it when someone surrenders? In this case were the 1350 points awarded by the game system? There were, if I can count correctly 1400 total points available, so is it right to award a player all the points if the other guy quits? What was the actual score given objectives, casualties, etc??

surrender gives up all victory points and calculates casualties, since i only had one i got a full score. this is only if casualties are figured in tho. a ceasefire will take into account all VP held by both sides

Then only cease fires should be the base line points for the game if total points mean objs and casualties- Just because someone turns tail gives up, then the other guy gets all the points in a point based tourney?? what am I missing here as to everyone fighting it out?
05-11-2015, 10:48 PM,
(05-11-2015, 01:56 PM)H Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 09:11 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote:

Then only cease fires should be the base line points for the game if total points mean objs and casualties- Just because someone turns tail gives up, then the other guy gets all the points in a point based tourney?? what am I missing here as to everyone fighting it out?

like i said i only had 1 casualty so he didnt get any points for it
05-12-2015, 07:58 AM,
In any tournament that is based on total scores I believe it a mistake to allow a player to just surrender his forces and thus giving all the points to his opponent.
As iluvmy88 said some or all of the VL's were still In dispute.
Could it have been possible for the Russians to have fallen back or made some attempt to slow an Axis advance?
Just by sitting still they could have caused minimal causalities and the score would not have been so lopsided.
Even if it's not in the rules I don't think it's right.
And it's not fair to the other players trying to scratch for every point they can make to take in to the next round.
To surrender and take a zero? That's like giving up on the whole tournament.

But that's just my opinion.