• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Sealion: 2015 version.
05-31-2015, 04:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015, 04:00 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Operation Sealion: 2015 version.
I was looking at the scenario file for turn 40. There is one company of German Para's coming on. There doesn't appear to be any errors though that I can see, so not sure why they suddenly all showed up.

Reminder, because they all show up in the dialogue, doesn't mean they have to be added to the map that turn. They can be kept in the reinforcement schedule and brought in at one's leisure.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2015, 09:44 AM,
(05-31-2015, 04:00 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: I was looking at the scenario file for turn 40. There is one company of German Para's coming on. There doesn't appear to be any errors though that I can see, so not sure why they suddenly all showed up.

Reminder, because they all show up in the dialogue, doesn't mean they have to be added to the map that turn. They can be kept in the reinforcement schedule and brought in at one's leisure.

Jason Petho

What I will do is (when my opponent sends the turn) will load it here with my code to open it and then you can replicate. There is no doubt that there were all turns available to me. I out of curiosity put on board turn 41
05-31-2015, 09:56 AM,
Jason I cant load the file here . where do you want me to send it.
05-31-2015, 10:26 AM,
(05-31-2015, 09:56 AM)zap Wrote: Jason I cant load the file here . where do you want me to send it.

Can you email it to me?

jasonpetho at techemail dot com
Send this user an email
06-15-2015, 11:52 PM,
Well Jason, we are on turn 50 now in our play of this monster.

There is no doubt of the amount of time & thought that went into this one! Paratroopers, beach landings, civil uprisings, & more. Right now we are still hovering with the German at about 3000 points, but some of this is due to the recon aircraft VP hex captures. Without them, it's about 2,500 points for the German.

The fact is that as the Brit, I am still unsure how this one will go. We are both cursing the scenario on how it is messing with our strategy.

It's a sign of a well designed scenario. It has given me an all new hatred for German paratroopers!

Helmet Smile
Send this user an email
06-16-2015, 09:32 AM,
Bahaha.. excellent.

Glad you're enjoying the scenario!

There are more like it planned for future releases!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-01-2015, 11:45 PM,
Great! We just finished turn 62 & right now, the Germans are down to 300 points. Attempted invasions by the Germans on the east coast have been very costly. One group managed to get ashore on the far northeast but are hemmed in & it doesn't look good for them. From my perspective (Brit) the German now seems to be on the strategic defense although he has localized offensives.

Brit forces have largely retaken Dover but German reinforcements are coming so we may not be able to hold on to it long enough for our reserves to join in. Other reinforcements are coming as fast as their little wheels can carry them. Brit forces are slowly pushing the Germans back from the southwest near Lympne & headed in the general direction on Hythe.

German lines look much like Battle of the Bulge, save the forces in the Northeast "Anzio".

I feel rather confident in a Brit Marginal Victory but achieving a Major may be very difficult.

Great scenario! It builds in some aspects we seldom see in CS. One had best guard those rear areas! Both the Brit & the German have suffered from inadequate secure rear areas.

I think what I like best is the early war equipment. No super killer guys.

Helmet Smile
Send this user an email
07-02-2015, 02:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 03:04 AM by zap.)
I'm the German side in the invasion of England. First, the game has been exciting. Swings, in momentum; surprises. But most of all mistakes made. A better commander would have faired well as the Germans.

As I began my invasion I was surprised to find the beaches not well protected. Gaining a foothold, seemed fairly simple. By turn 20 my troops were disembarking and the first wave of troops were pushing forward easy enough. I'm sure at this point my opponent was thinking he was in trouble. And I was thinking this is going to be a cake-walk.
The lack of a response made me think that the Germans had effectively destroyed the British Army at Dunkirk. Anyway, I had paratroopers dropping out of the sky deep into England territory.

1.Along the way though, Germans suffered some setbacks. Firstly, the beaches were now clogged with boats that blocked my other transports. How you say? Well, some transports are piloted others not. Unpiloted boats reached the beaches first(they could move greater distances in a turn). And I was in hurry to move troops inward. So those non-piloted boats took up the beach landing areas. (I still curse myself for that major error. Lol) Its turn 63 I still have transports looking for a landing area!
I had made another critical error. I decided to move a large number of transports to make a surprise landing along the way they were sunk with some strategically placed guns by the British. It was a significant number who were now at the bottom of the sea.

2.The battle on land progressed well by turn 40 British reinforcements were beginning to make a showing and my advance was slowing. Having gained more territory my troops had thinned somewhat. I'm now in the process of giving back that territory and attempting to consolidated forces for the inevitable. I may have to reload troops on transports and go back home to preserve the minor victory. A Dunkirk in reverse.

In perspective, I will agree 100% with RADO. This a very good scenario. Played blind you will be rewarded handsomely with twist and turns that will keep you guessing, nervous, angered, happy. most of all thoroughly entertained
07-03-2015, 10:48 AM,
Excellent to hear, gentlemen!

I think that will be one thing that will be frustrating for the Allied players, as they have few forces at the start of the scenario. If they are patient and play it through, they will find ample opportunity to cause chaos against the invading Germans, especially in the last half of the scenario.

Unfortunate to hear about your beachfront landing error, zap. That's a big issue! I had contemplated swapping all the boats for the self-propelled versions. I may do that for a future revision.

I'm going to be reworking on the massive East Front scenario "Yelnia: Hell by any other name..." which will be representative scenario over the course of quite a few days of the battle of Yelnia and the eventual Russian counterattack in the region. This scenario will not be for the feint of heart, but like Sealion, will be filled with the opportunity for different tactics and strategies.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-21-2015, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 05:22 AM by RADO.)
Well Jason, we just finished this one up. On turn 80 the Axis were at minus 2,259 points; the invasion was crushed.

Certainly one of the best scenarios I have ever played. My opponent made some critical strategic errors that I was able to capitalize on. I feel this is one of those scenarios that is best when neither opponent has played it before. It will have you both on edge, cursing each other & the scenario.

Tried to attach an image but for some reason, the quality is very poor so I deleted it.
Send this user an email