• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Sealion: 2015 version.
04-12-2015, 04:11 AM,
Operation Sealion: 2015 version.
For those that have been playing West Front for awhile, I created an Operation Sealion scenario 13 years ago. You can find the revised version at the following location. It has been updated to current 2.02 standards utilizing some of the new features and units. The map has been expanded to the south a bit, but otherwise most of the unit placements are identical to the original version.

Operation Sealion 2015 Version

[Hypothetical: 20150411 Version]: Kent County, England: [Best
Played against Human Opponent or as Team Game]: As dawn breaks
on the morning of July 14th, 1940, so does the silence along
the east coast of England. Parachutes open and fall towards the
ground below. The sea churns up a vast armada of water craft
carrying the initial landing forces of the German Army, with
one goal in mind. Establish a beachhead and breakout into the
countryside en route to London to seize the capital. Hitting
the beaches were the 17. Infantry and 6. Mountain Divisions landing
along the coast between Hythe and Dover. Dropping behind the
coast, the 7. Flieger Division to secure the nearby airfields
and help establish a beachhead. Defending the coast were elements
of the understrength 1st London Division, a number of Home Guard
battalions and assorted coastal batteries. The British beleived
the attack would come along the east coast and had the quality
units stationed up north. The difficult task at hand for the
1st London Division was to hold up the German attack long enough
for reinforcements to throw the German invaders back into the
sea. [NOTE: This is an updated version to the Matrix Campaign
Series West Front 2.02 standard. NOTE 2: This scenario is based
on the Kenneth Macksey "Invasion" book.][2.02]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 09:54 AM,
RE: Operation Sealion: 2015 version.
Please note that this is designed for H2H play over PBEM.

If you are going to play it against HAL, I'd probably try and play it as the Germans. I do not know how the British will play it though.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-12-2015, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015, 01:58 PM by Scud.)
I played the original version vs Panzerjaeger. I was the Brits. The Brits kicked me out of their country when it was over, said some pretty nasty things. Fortunately for me, they were speaking German at that point and I didn't know what they were saying.

Not an easy scenario for the allies. I negotiated a minor loss, but it felt worse.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
04-12-2015, 10:00 PM,
Hey Dave, did you hear; "My dog has no nose." "How does he smell?" "Awful." in German? Rolling Eyes

HSL
04-16-2015, 11:32 PM,
Am playing this one now as Allies. I certainly feel the designer has taken some liberties. LOL

Seems very odd the Germans have troops hitting the beaches & the English don't have a clue as to where (In our game going now). Such a German armada would not have gone unnoticed regardless of where it was going & every ship & plane that could have carried a weapon would have been headed that way.

We will see how it goes. The way the points are set up it may be quite balanced, and that's all one can ask. Stepping down off my soap box now. LOL

Soap Box
Send this user an email
04-17-2015, 09:25 AM,
(04-16-2015, 11:32 PM)RADO Wrote: Am playing this one now as Allies. I certainly feel the designer has taken some liberties. LOL

Seems very odd the Germans have troops hitting the beaches & the English don't have a clue as to where (In our game going now). Such a German armada would not have gone unnoticed regardless of where it was going & every ship & plane that could have carried a weapon would have been headed that way.

We will see how it goes. The way the points are set up it may be quite balanced, and that's all one can ask. Stepping down off my soap box now. LOL

Soap Box

The situation is completely based on the book, RADO.

It is a challenge for the British to be attack, but be patient as they have a tonne of reinforcements arriving.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-17-2015, 11:24 PM,
I understand. I just ordered the book in hard cover for four cents (might that tell us anything about his hypothesis?). I've got to see just what Macksey was thinking.

As I said, regardless of the premise, all I ask is a balanced scenario. We are moving right along. German paratroopers & glider troops popping up all over the country side. Turn 5 I believe & Germans are up to about 600 VP.
Send this user an email
04-18-2015, 01:05 AM,
(04-17-2015, 11:24 PM)RADO Wrote: I understand. I just ordered the book in hard cover for four cents (might that tell us anything about his hypothesis?). I've got to see just what Macksey was thinking.

As I said, regardless of the premise, all I ask is a balanced scenario. We are moving right along. German paratroopers & glider troops popping up all over the country side. Turn 5 I believe & Germans are up to about 600 VP.

It will get worse for the Brits before it gets better. But then it will! Lots of reinforcements en route.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-20-2015, 03:12 AM,
I'm not receiving emails advising of follow up posts, even though I have marked for it to happen. Any one else having this issue?
Send this user an email
04-20-2015, 09:28 AM,
(04-20-2015, 03:12 AM)RADO Wrote: I'm not receiving emails advising of follow up posts, even though I have marked for it to happen. Any one else having this issue?

I've been getting them. Check your spam folder maybe?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email