• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBS pbem combat shots
02-10-2015, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 03:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Beginner wants opponents
(02-09-2015, 12:47 PM)jomni Wrote: Let's play. I'm not good at this so don't expect a challenge. But the objective is to have fun. How do I contact you?

Hi mate, mail me, i've only had CMBS a week myself haha.
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 12:33 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Animalshadow takes out a second of my T-90's, but with WHAT?
All I know is it hits the top armour and I never spotted the firer, was he an infantryman or a vehicle? I know Hellfires can hit top armour, but it looks too big to be one of them, maybe it's a TOW or something? Suddenly I'm (gulp) afraid..
(EDIT- Animalshadow just told me it's a Javelin)
[Image: CMBS-top_zpsef9zha3q.jpg~original]
02-10-2015, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015, 10:51 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
NOW WHAT??
Grober sends this "welcome to the Russian front" message into the centre of my NATO tank group, I haven't a clue what it is (bomb? missile?) although I've heard a jet engine from time to time..
(EDIT- he told me after the game it was a 515kg bomb from an Su-25)
[Image: CMBS-bomb1_zpshqta8qjk.jpg~original]

..and it makes a big bang...
[Image: CMBS-bomb2_zpsktwi70sr.jpg~original]

..one of my Abrams almost toppled into the crater..
[Image: CMBS-bomb3_zpsbuxnedcl.jpg~original]

..but I manage to reverse him out next turn..
[Image: CMBS-bomb4_zpsa9gfoh7i.jpg~original]
02-10-2015, 07:50 AM,
OMG your M1 was still mobile after that! What kind of shape is it in. I have no idea what made that huge crater, wow.

The first image - that I know - its a Javelin. You can tell because of its steep angle and the fact that your tank is no more :) Some of the TOWs attack high but not as high as a Javelin and Helo's missiles can come in a bit high but again not that high (Helos are considered to be at a low altitude and at stand off range for missile launching which means their attack angle is not ground level but not from above either.
02-10-2015, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 03:59 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
(02-10-2015, 07:50 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: OMG your M1 was still mobile after that! What kind of shape is it in. I have no idea what made that huge crater, wow...

Amazingly the tank never suffered a scratch! But the Humvee Mk19 on the right of the first 3 pics was destroyed and the 2-man crew killed (sniffle)
02-10-2015, 11:17 AM,
I agree with the conditions. I'll set up a game and send to you. I'll take NATO for now.
Send this user an email
02-10-2015, 10:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 12:35 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
APS (Active Protection System) in action
My RPG man pops one off against Animalshadow's Abrams in the hedge..
[Image: CMBS-APS1_zpslgct4qen.jpg~original]

The tank's view, the RPG man is yellow-circled and the incoming missile is red-circled..
[Image: CMBS-aps2_zps6mqnojsg.jpg~original]

A closeup of the missile..
[Image: CMBS-aps4_zpsf0n9syxh.jpg~original]

The APS radar detects the missile and destroys it with a shotgun-type blast, but I think the missile would have missed anyway..
[Image: CMBS-aps3_zpsfn52akek.jpg~original]
02-11-2015, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 10:21 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
My Abrams tucks itself behind this barn but Grober's infantry were in there and shower it with grenades, don't you just hate it when that happens?..
[Image: CMBS-grob1_zpszebkvugr.jpg~original]

The bailed crew pours fire into the barn..
[Image: CMBS-grob2_zpsjdls7nnd.jpg~original]

And one of the culprits is cut down.
"Sorry muchacho, nothing personal"..
[Image: CMBS-grob3_zpsrcqfewie.jpg~original]
02-11-2015, 01:17 AM,
Hey PoorOldSpike,
Here's my AAR: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67636

Thanks for the game! :)
02-11-2015, 02:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015, 02:47 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
Nice job with AARs and all guys.

I thought the ladder was open. I'll have a look and then ask for help if I cannot get it to work...

OK I see it too. Web master notified.