• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944
02-06-2015, 04:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 04:37 PM by ekrommen.)
RE: CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944
[Image: cmbbvswittturn5b.png]
The regulars have crossed half the ground with no contact. I was worried as we spotted one of the panzers on the left side turn north on the road, headed for the objective. I was worried he would spot the platoon on the left. All troops and vehicles are under strict orders to not engage until I give the word, although I am worried about the conscripts in the rifle company.

I considered dropping smoke with either my own mortars or the regiments, but decided to risk it. In the end I decided to allocate the regiment's fire mission to the rear of the objective, as it seems it may be possible for the company to directly seize it.

[Image: cmbbvswittturn5c.png]

I have my HQ platoon of scout cars available as they have delivered the HMG section. I will use the HQ platoon to support the infantry company into the village. I also start to think I can re mount the HMGs if there remains no contact and deliver them directly to the objective.

Scouts on the right flank have lost thier contact with the AFVs. One has dropped off its snoopers, this team carrying our one RPG (anti tank grenade).

[Image: cmbbvswittturn5a.png]

On the left flank, one scout has a close call as it directly spots a Pz 4 after dropping off its AT rifle team. The Pz 4 was buttoned up and apparently missed spotting the scout. Showing excellent field coordination, the next nearest scout car halts and reroutes to avoid direct line of sight with the panzer. The Pz 4 is precariously forward and near woods. I've ordered my 2 recon platoons there to engage the tank if it remains there.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944 - by ekrommen - 02-06-2015, 04:33 PM