• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944
02-03-2015, 03:33 PM,
RE: CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944
We reached our start line in time for our dawn assault. As usual, the Army staff sent some blockhead who couldn't put the opening barrage together in time. We couldn't wait, of course, so I had my XO handle the spotter, re positioning the target area and alerting the platoon leaders on the left flank to keep clear of the high ground at impact time.

As the sun peeked over the horizon behind us, the scout cars rolled off with some independent dismounts to flank the village area and look for the panzers. The recon platoons hustled forward in their wake. As the infantry company marched forward we heard the enemy.

[Image: cmbbvswittturn1panzers1.png]

[Image: cmbbvswittturn1panzers2.png]

Two panzer columns shot into view straight over the crest, one on each flank of the village, firing like madmen. Two rows of smoke rose like curtains on either flank of the village. Although the appearance and speed were unexpected, our officers and men showed no hesitation while implementing the plan. A few jokes were exchanged. Privately, I am a little worried about a direct panzer overrun through the village and the green company; I have only the HQ tank platoon as reserve in the center.

[Image: cmbbvswittturn1panzers3.png]

But overall my plan still looks valid and am just discussing minor alteration over the radio with the scouts.

My HMG section entered the church on the right flank. The mortar battery moved forward and setup, the lieutenant having an excellent view of the village. The regiments spotter is in contact with the heavy mortar battery and is ready for an on call barrage into the village at a couple minutes notice, either HE or smoke. We were very fortunate to have many good lines of sight into and around the village.

The tank platoon remained hidden. If the scouts find a clear path, either or both platoons will follow and fall on the flank of the panzers, expected to find positions on either flank of the village.

View from the left flank:
[Image: cmbbvswittturn1left.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBB QB ME DAR: Soviet vs Wittman, June 1944 - by ekrommen - 02-03-2015, 03:33 PM