• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
07-22-2017, 06:45 AM,
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA
(07-22-2017, 04:56 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 04:38 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:00 AM)hmstanley Wrote: I've noticed that the graphic for a destroyed Ferry location is black.  This seems to be missing?  Any way to fix this in the updated graphic files?  I'm playing Budapest 45.

The title itself shouldn't make a difference - is this happening at all resolution levels or only some?

Actually ... nevermind the above, as am pretty sure that I found the issue - I will send Strela an email on it.

Thanks.. it actually does not reproduce on the highest 2d level, it shows as water and not a black spot.  Only on the lowest 2d resolution setting it shows as a BLACK blotch on the map.
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2017, 01:28 PM,
(07-22-2017, 06:45 AM)hmstanley Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 04:56 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 04:38 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:00 AM)hmstanley Wrote: I've noticed that the graphic for a destroyed Ferry location is black.  This seems to be missing?  Any way to fix this in the updated graphic files?  I'm playing Budapest 45.

The title itself shouldn't make a difference - is this happening at all resolution levels or only some?

Actually ... nevermind the above, as am pretty sure that I found the issue - I will send Strela an email on it.

Thanks.. it actually does not reproduce on the highest 2d level, it shows as water and not a black spot.  Only on the lowest 2d resolution setting it shows as a BLACK blotch on the map.

I kind of figured that might be the case. If you are interested in the details of what is happening:

Something like this was happening when JTS was converting their grand tactical titles (usually from HPS to JTS, and this was solely because at some point JTS had added an enhancement to show a graphic for a slope with elevation changes in 2d).  Now the thing is when the code was added to the HPS version (a version which did not have the new graphic -and in that case it was for that slope effect I was talking about), what happened was that nothing happened at 2d zoom out and regular zoom in, but once you went to the extreme zoom in level the map show a series of black boxes (exactly like what you have but it was more pronounced since it extended everywhere there was an elevation change hexside).

Now my theory is that at the new zoom in level the system effectively quadrupled the space that hexside graphic was tacking .... but - well, it wasn't there ... and I don't think there was a row for it either (even in the background color) -so the system just drew black.

I am sure that it can be solved, although the really interesting thing is that the original version of the mod had Ferries (n the 2dFeatures bmp files both 50 and 100), but the original stock graphics  didn't. I am now wondering how the original stock graphics might have worked out (means in the case of B45, I might go and plug them in -and have a look at the Danube) - I will write down some hexes with known ferries. I expect them not to show as a graphic (not sure how they could without a graphic for it... but that all is in the future).

There is one thing that would stop me actually directly fixing this -and that is that I don't have the JTS version of B45 ... I suppose that I could get it (and maybe I will try to).

There are a couple of things that I would want to consider: Primarily it being that Strela (David Freer) is working on upgrading the graphics to the series and I imagine confident that he would see this as an issue that would require fixing.

The other part is that I am actually assigned to some other projects at JTS -so am hesitant to take time away from those -I am 99.9% certain that the above issue is what caused the problem that you'd reported.

I guess the other one is that this being a mod it isn't generally going to be something that JTS provides support for, although in this case I had a look at some of the new stock graphics and if I am correct with the above - we'd have the exact same issue in the new stock graphics. Without the JTS version of something with ferries I can't actually prove it (yet).

I know it isn't one of my assigned series- but who's to say that it might not be in the future? :)

Many thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Send this user an email
07-22-2017, 01:43 PM,
Is there anything I can do to help? I'm pretty proficient with graphics programs and understanding how to mod it if you told me what to do? That's the trick here, I have no idea what to modify or copy and modify to make the change. But I'm sure I could make the change if you provided some guidance.

I have the 2.0 version of the JTS game. Not the HPS version.
07-23-2017, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017, 01:45 AM by Strela.)
Hi,

I know how to fix this. Actually saw it separately when doing the graphics for Stalingrad '42 Gold as that uses ferries.

I'll tidy this up in the next couple of days...

David
07-23-2017, 12:38 PM,
Thanks Strella!!
07-23-2017, 11:45 PM,
(07-23-2017, 01:44 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi,

I know how to fix this. Actually saw it separately when doing the graphics for Stalingrad '42 Gold as that uses ferries.

I'll tidy this up in the next couple of days...

David

Please try this link and see if this fixes the missing full hex ferries.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-r6-L...sp=sharing

Please do back-up your installation before applying, just to be safe.

David
07-25-2017, 04:13 AM,
worked like a charm. Thanks Strela.
09-26-2018, 04:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM by All_American.)
This doesn't include 2D unit counters, right? The map looks beautiful now in Western Front titles, but unit counters stayed the same.
09-30-2018, 12:16 PM,
It should do. Just remember you have to install the original MapMod first then you add this mod on top of it.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
11-01-2018, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 11:47 AM by All_American.)
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
Another question, I suppose this mod only works with the games which were updated to 2.0 standard? Doesn't seem to work with Fulda Gap '85.
Edit: Found out it wasn't updated to 2.0 standard as with other games. Using the older Volcano Man version does the trick.