• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
05-04-2015, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 03:39 AM by phoenix.)
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA

.gif   hexless 3.gif (Size: 284.09 KB / Downloads: 56) Pic from BOKS without hex sides. Seems not to work in BOKS as it removes certain key features, AT ditches, for example.
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2015, 09:44 AM,
(05-04-2015, 03:25 AM)phoenix Wrote: Pic from BOKS without hex sides. Seems not to work in BOKS as it removes certain key features, AT ditches, for example.

Here are the files for BOKS (attached). They work on a slightly different system to PzC.

I'm not a fan of the 'no slopes' look, but each to their own.

David

Attached Files
.zip   PB 2DHexSides.zip (Size: 120.93 KB / Downloads: 36)
05-04-2015, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 10:37 AM by Strela.)
(05-03-2015, 11:45 PM)trauth116 Wrote: True - image location on a file is everything; in this case simply cropping it off does not work unless one never uses the extra magnified 2d zoom in level -as the program refuses to draw the hexsides and it leaves black spaces all over the place.

It happened in the NB series when a file was inadvertently left out of one of the update candidates, and it happens in this title as well (mainly because I just tried it out.). Since FB uses a mile long url I am going to dispense with posting an image for now.

Hi,

Not certain what you're seeing, but this method is definitely working in Moscow '42. The 2D zoom works flawlessly and there is no graphic artifacts etc.

David
05-05-2015, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 09:25 PM by phoenix.)
Many thanks, David!

Peter

UPDATE: Have loaded this now. I think the map looks superb without the edges. More natural and immersive, for me (to each his own, you're right), at the cost of a very slight reduction in my ability to instantly read elevation. But that's what it's like looking at an ordinary map too - sometimes you have to study it a bit to get the contours. Many thanks, again!
01-30-2016, 07:51 AM,
Strela,

Thank You for your dedication to the things on the periphery regarding the mods etc. I also appreciate your support on the latest title I acquired from JTS (Panzer Battles Normandy).

Much Appreciated!

Ezra
05-28-2016, 12:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 04:47 AM by 76mm.)
Hi, any way we could sticky this thread?  Not super-easy to find as it is...
05-28-2016, 05:30 AM,
(05-28-2016, 12:27 AM)76mm Wrote: Hi, any way we could sticky this thread?  Not super-easy to find as it is...

Done............. Wink
05-28-2016, 03:35 PM,
Strela, I'd like to try some modding with these maps, but when I've tried in the past I seem to get a lot of places where I didn't line up the edges properly and so get yellow spots showing up on the map. Do you (or anyone else) have a tip for lining up the new graphics properly to avoid these glitches?

If it matters, I'm using Paint Shop Pro.

Hopefully you'll understand what I'm talking about!
05-28-2016, 08:14 PM,
(05-04-2015, 10:37 AM)Strela Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 11:45 PM)trauth116 Wrote: True - image location on a file is everything; in this case simply cropping it off does not work unless one never uses the extra magnified 2d zoom in level -as the program refuses to draw the hexsides and it leaves black spaces all over the place.

It happened in the NB series when a file was inadvertently left out of one of the update candidates, and it happens in this title as well (mainly because I just tried it out.). Since FB uses a mile long url I am going to dispense with posting an image for now.

Hi,

Not certain what you're seeing, but this method is definitely working in Moscow '42. The 2D zoom works flawlessly and there is no graphic artifacts etc.

David

I decided at the time not to address this one - but the deal is this - it is a by product of the graphics files. 99 times out of a hundred it is limited to situations where a JTS update is applied to what was originally published by HPS - and it is because the JTS version uses an elevation hexside graphic and has code for drawing it - when if no graphic file with this feature on it is included with the update (and normally it is not) -then what happens when a user zooms in past 2d zoom in (using the mouse feature) -the system draws black where the elevation line occurs.  I assume it has to do with code rounding because it only seems to do this when zoomed in to the highest level.

Here's the thing though, I have tested this on numerous update candidates (when posted by Rich Hamilton on the JTS Dev site) -and have assisted in correcting them (ok read that as providing advice).

For what it's worth, I am one of the JTS graphic coordinators -so it isn't just some guy posting this - it is real (it also was real at the time), the point I think I was trying to make at the time is it was not any sort of real coding issue - just the coding looking for something that was not present on an older version of a bmp file.
Send this user an email
05-28-2016, 08:23 PM,
(05-28-2016, 03:35 PM)76mm Wrote: Strela, I'd like to try some modding with these maps, but when I've tried in the past I seem to get a lot of places where I didn't line up the edges properly and so get yellow spots showing up on the map.  Do you (or anyone else) have a tip for lining up the new graphics properly to avoid these glitches?

If it matters, I'm using Paint Shop Pro.  

Hopefully you'll understand what I'm talking about!

You need something with X,Y axes identifiers - if you don't (or are going by eying things) -it isn't going to work too well - or it makes it a lot harder. 

I do a lot of layer work with opacity on. 

It isn't really about new or old graphics but having software that identifies the exact location on your file -that is really the issue that you are having 76mm.   

--- Actually in reading about your 'yellow dots' -it means that it is a slightly different color than your background.  Been there .. done that one ... a lot ... and it sucks -so I know what you mean. ;) If your software is not able to identify exactly what the color is (eg the hexidecimal coding), then it is going to make it very tough to fix. 

Hexidecimal code being the exact digital code for a color -it can pick up differences that are nearly impossible to see.
Send this user an email