• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
12-11-2014, 04:52 AM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
Missed a major victory by 1 point, game ended on turn 9 with all Soviet units KIA'ed.

Only 1 of the Soviet HQ's respawned and I had one of those annoying experiences with a gun getting destroyed in a very implausible way, which can drain some of the joy of playing the game.

I'd like to thank Kuriltai for the game. It was frustrating for him as the scenario isn't much fun for the Soviet player.

[Image: 9pT5vm7.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM,
(12-11-2014, 04:52 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Only 1 of the Soviet HQ's respawned and I had one of those annoying experiences with a gun getting destroyed in a very implausible way, which can drain some of the joy of playing the game.

War is hell.
And unpredictable and random things happen in combat.

Thanks for the report!

How are the other teams doing? Waiting to hear from these people to see if they have started.

Fabiominatti RickyB
Solyom2 PijusMagnificus
Outlaw Josey Wales 10-3 Squad Leader

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-11-2014, 01:34 PM,
Fabio and I are half way to being done, so we hadn't posted anything yet. Sorry Commissar DS, I didn't see my orders to report the start, just the end :-).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-12-2014, 12:53 AM,
We're on turn 4 I think.
12-12-2014, 03:58 AM,
2 turns left in our game.
12-13-2014, 07:38 AM,
We are done too, with another marginal German victory.

If anyone want to try the scenario once more I would like to try something out with the Russians and would love to try a match while we wait for the rest to finish. Just send me an email and I am ready.

I had fun and looks forward to the next match.

Thanks a lot to Beerweasel for a good game.
12-13-2014, 05:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 05:56 PM by Dog Soldier.)
(12-11-2014, 01:34 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Fabio and I are half way to being done, so we hadn't posted anything yet. Sorry Commissar DS, I didn't see my orders to report the start, just the end :-).

Rick

Very likely I did not make my orders clear RickyB. Must have been talking through the bear hat. lol!
Just wanted to be sure everyone was getting the communications so we stay on track.

Thank you all for the updates on your progress!

I did send everyone a kick off email. If anyone in the tournament did not receive that email from me send me an email with your correct email address and update your address on your blitz profile.

I do not want anyone to miss out on some 'goodies' Strela is cooking up for the other rounds of the tournament.... Fireworks4

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-13-2014, 07:37 PM,
We finished our game with PijusMagnificius, the result is a german minor victory.
12-13-2014, 09:48 PM,
Gregor, I've sent you a first turn. Well, a download link for it.
12-14-2014, 01:25 AM,
(12-13-2014, 05:55 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: ...
Very likely I did not make my orders clear RickyB. Must have been talking through the bear hat. lol!
Just wanted to be sure everyone was getting the communications so we stay on track.
Dog Soldier
Thank you Commissar, I was afraid you would penalize me with an assignment to the Western Front (of the Soviets of course Big Grin ).
[Image: exercise.png]