• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM,
Thumbs_Up  First Panzer Battles Tournament
[Image: PzB%20cover.jpg]

Hello everyone,

I have constructed a Panzer Battles Tournament around the II SS Panzer Korps operations on July 5, 1943. Here is the link to the tournament page.

Punch and Counter Punch

The tournament rounds will take us through the entire day. These scenarios highlight various parts of the Kursk battle that lead to the crisis on July 10th & 11th on the Southern Front of the Kusrk Salient.

I am going to be using a unique scoring system for this tournament. It is based on the system used in recent tournaments held on the Squad Battles forum here at the blitz. Many thanks to Jeff Connor & TheBigRedOne for allowing me to draw on their system.

I want everyone to get a chance to play as many different people as possible in this tournament. Each round will consist of a single playing of the scenario. Each member will play the Axis or Soviet side for the duration of the tournament. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages making these scenarios possible to win from either side.

Tournament winners will be determined by who does the best as an Axis and Soviet player. Thus there will be two winners. Everyone is only competing against the other participants playing the same side.

In the case there are an odd number of participants, I will play the 'extra man' though I am not participating for the chance to be one of the winners of the first Blitz PzB Tournament with the badge for your profile. All participants will also receive badges for their profile.

If you are interested in participating, and can make the commitment to go the distance, respond here on this thread or email me. Let me know if you want to play the Axis, Soviet side or do not have a preference for the tournament.

Spread the word so we can as large a field as possible. This tournament will be open to new blitz members. One only has to be a member and join the PzB ladder. All games count for ladder points.

Rev up those Tigers and T-34s!
It should be a good time for all!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2014, 04:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 05:58 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
I'm in, either side is fine but as a challenge I'd prefer Axis.
11-14-2014, 10:24 PM,
Hi,
I am interested to participate in the tournament,
I prefer German side
Greetings
11-15-2014, 12:42 AM,
Count me in.
11-15-2014, 02:50 AM,
I'm interested in the torunament, I'll play the soviet side.
11-15-2014, 09:09 AM,
Hey DS, I would like to participate, the mix should fit my schedule. Either side is good to me.

Thanks, sounds exciting.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-16-2014, 04:05 AM,
I'll give it a shot as Axis.
11-16-2014, 05:07 AM,
Hi!

I would like to take part in the tournament, as the Axis.
11-16-2014, 08:34 AM,
I'll give it a go. Either side is fine. E
11-17-2014, 05:59 PM,
Glad to see all of you for the tournament!

I would like to have a minimum of 12 members.

I will keep this the signups open till we have at least that many. I would like to get started by the end of the month.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp