• Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
11-18-2014, 05:16 AM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
Hey, Count me in for the Red side.
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2014, 02:29 PM,
By my count we have three Axis and two Soviet and four who can play either side. Just need three more to get started.

If you know of anyone who is playing PzB let them know about this tournament.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-19-2014, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014, 10:48 AM by redboot.)
Forgive me, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the tournament. Too much going on right now. redboot
11-20-2014, 10:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014, 11:04 PM by ComradeP.)
Dog Soldier, is there a chance of playing Nepkhaevo after Nechaevka, and Pokrovka after Yakovlevo?

All players would still be familiar with the map (as the former scenarios are about a part of the battle in the latter), so people who haven't played the scenarios as much are not at a disadvantage (or less so). The tournament would then also alternate between big(ger) and small scenarios, and have Ozerovskii as the exciting finish.

As the tournament winner for each side is determined by the amount of points at the end, the order can be more flexible than in a tournament where the loser drops out.

Should there be no further enlistments, we'd also be playing what comes down to 4 larger scenarios (and 2 battles within those scenarios), which would suit the player number for both sides. Hopefully though, more people will join the tournament.
11-21-2014, 08:58 AM,
How can I sign up for the Panzer Battles Punch and Counter Punch Tournament?
11-21-2014, 01:50 PM,
ComnradeP,

I set the rounds to follow the day as it unfolded for the II PzK. It is also the way the larger full day scenario tends to be played. The sequence of events is just fine to do this I think.

Round one is a clearing action of the right flank which is going at the same time round 2 action is on July 6.
Round 1 features Totenkopf.
Round 2 features LAH and the breaching of the second MLD at Kursk in the South.
Round 3 features Das Reich. This is the action happening on right flank after Round 2.
Round 4 features LAH and we are back on the left flank of the II SS PzK advance. Soviet players can make this a very rough time for the Axis after the first scenarios of reacting to the initial Axis blows that day. Both sides can deal significant damage to each other.
Round 5 features both LAH and Das Reich with the largest contingent of Soviet tanks that day. The Soviet players now get the chance to choose a place to make their own counter punch to the II SS PzK punches they have sustained. Ozerovskii puts all the lessons from the other scenarios together and was the climax of the day.
Round 6 features Totenkopf again as nice bookend to the tournament. This action was a side show to protect the right flank of Das Reich in round 4.

I think this sequence makes a good story to go with the gaming. All the scenarios contain weaknesses and strengths for both sides. They highlight the subtle differences in the OOBs of the three divisions in II SS PzK.

10-3 SquadLeader. Just indicate on this thread you want to be in the tournament. You can indicate a preference to play Axis or Soviet for the tournament or let me assign you to a side. That is all that is required right now.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-22-2014, 10:00 AM,
Thanks Dog Soldier,
Count me in for either side
11-23-2014, 06:23 AM,
Would love to enter. I have played strategy games for 20 years but only have 5 battles behind me against humans in this system. Think this was a good way to get some more experience Smile If allowed in I take whatever side available...

Gregor
11-28-2014, 04:32 PM,
If Dog Soldier also participates, we need 1 more sign-up.

There are 27 people on the Panzer Battles ladder, but I guess some of them might not be interested in a tournament.
11-29-2014, 04:14 AM,
I will give it a WHIRL,either side... Propeller Hat