• Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
12-26-2015, 01:26 AM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
Jeff and I have started.
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2015, 04:19 AM,
(12-18-2015, 08:31 PM)ComradeP Wrote: It seems Ricky B's men hanging on to Kalinin in Ozerovskii probably secured victory for beerweasel as the gap between beerweasel and me after Yakovlevo was too big to close and considering the low point values in Nepkhaevo, is unlikely to close further with beerweasel's consistently good performance.

Good luck with the last round everyone!

First turn sent.

Thanks Rick! I should also mention, my opponent  Kuriltai deserves credit for putting up a good defense, denying me all the high value victory hexes. Happy Hunting!
01-07-2016, 04:57 AM,
Beerweasel defeated Ricky B with a Major Victory and 407 Victory Points.   The slugfest resulted in a combination of 103 vehicles destroyed.
01-07-2016, 08:37 PM,
I think that settles it, as aside from some odd calculations I can't close the gap with that score.

The strength dialog doesn't show the highest HQ as usual, and with the off-map guns that accounts for 101 points, so I can only get 175 points if I would somehow kill everything and my own losses still need to be substracted from that. I need 177 points to close the gap, so my only realistic hope was you not capturing one of the objectives.

With the way things are going, I'll get a higher score in 4 out of 6 scenarios, but that doesn't matter due to how big the gap was after Yakovlevo and the added slight gain after Nechaevka.

I'm actually surprised I managed to recover this much ground to begin with.

So, I think it's safe to say: congratulations with winning the tournament for the Axis and well played beerweasel!
01-08-2016, 03:47 PM,
(01-07-2016, 08:37 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I think that settles it, as aside from some odd calculations I can't close the gap with that score.

The strength dialog doesn't show the highest HQ as usual, and with the off-map guns that accounts for 101 points, so I can only get 175 points if I would somehow kill everything and my own losses still need to be substracted from that. I need 177 points to close the gap, so my only realistic hope was you not capturing one of the objectives.

With the way things are going, I'll get a higher score in 4 out of 6 scenarios, but that doesn't matter due to how big the gap was after Yakovlevo and the added slight gain after Nechaevka.

I'm actually surprised I managed to recover this much ground to begin with.

So, I think it's safe to say: congratulations with winning the tournament for the Axis and well played beerweasel!

Thanks, Congradulations would have been adequate............
02-09-2016, 05:33 AM,
Solyom2 and I have finished the scenario. 
Solyom had a very narrow minor victory going into my half of the last turn but I managed enough points to get it to a draw.
Thanks again to Dog Soldier for running the tournament and  putting up with us.
05-11-2016, 04:37 PM,
Apologies for my long absence.  RL has no mercy.   Smile

The medals for the tournament have been awarded.  A big thank you to Strela for lending his mad skills as a graphic artist to create the Punch Counter Punch Tournament medals!  They look awesome.

[Image: PCP%20German%20Winner.png]  [Image: PCP%20German%20Participant.png]               [Image: PCP%20Soviet%20Winner.png]  [Image: PCP%20Soviet%20Participant.png]

beerweasel is the winner for the Axis side.
Gregor is the winner for the Soviet side.

All the results for the sixth round and tournament totals are posted to the competitions page.

Everyone received a participant medal to their blitz profile.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament and continues to play PzB Kursk.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-11-2016, 05:57 PM,
Thanks for organizing the tournament Dog Soldier, the delays imposed by work happen from time to time and can't be helped.

My opponent dropped after a few turns, it didn't really matter much anyway as I couldn't catch up with beerweasel.

Now, to get the other PBEM's on the road again.
05-12-2016, 12:16 PM,
Thanks Dog Soldier!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]