• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
11-08-2014, 02:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014, 05:29 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
It certainly has its silly moments so best just to ignore them. The authentic equipment in almost everything you see is the star here, while the video production together with sound effects provide a very able supporting cast Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 11:35 AM,
FWIW, movies cannot have realistic troop dispersal as the need to get all the action in a single frame requires action and war movies to have 'bunched' formations.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-09-2014, 02:44 PM,
Total misfire! We arrived at the theater and the showing we had planned to attend was sold out. Next showing was too late for us to wait around. We'll be back tomorrow.
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 10:17 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
Today's the day of days... I finally got to see Fury and it was fantastic.

WAR DADDY! Best job I ever had.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but as a combat veteran I think it really captured the camaraderie of a group of Soldiers in life and death situations. Sure, it has its Hollywood moments, but for me they pale in comparison to the excellent character interaction. Also, the special effects as well as ALL the WW2 vehicles were great. I didn't think there were that many vehicles left. This is definitely on my Blu-Ray shopping list.

It did have some dark moments, but that is definitely a part of the human condition during war. It also had awesome and gruesome scenes as well. I loved the shot of the contrails as the wave of heavy bombers headed into Germany and the crew cheered. All the combat scenes were intense and the Tiger cameo was one bad-ass fight scene with the Sherman turret tumbling through the air.

Tank6

PS - I love a movie that has several Willie Pete scenes. Definitely a crowd burner.
11-13-2014, 05:53 PM,
Some of the scenes were really impressive, heavy bombers filling the sky certainly one of them. Some reviews have said the movie is too long for its own good.

I beg to differ, hopefully we get a Director's Cut with even more scenes of the authentic gear being the star here. Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-16-2014, 03:48 AM,
Hello Friends,

I fund this of Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwimWccIoM

Seems to be an Italian film to see in the next year.
Such a film would never be on public display in Germany. I hope you find the trailer okay, I like it.

many regards

Peter
Send this user an email
11-16-2014, 04:00 AM,
Panzerjager,

Thanks for the movie trailer!

It looks to be very interesting and will be in theaters in February.

Guess I have another good war picture to see.

cheers

Ivan the BigCigar5
11-16-2014, 09:32 AM,
(11-16-2014, 03:48 AM)Panzerjäger Wrote: Hello Friends,

I fund this of Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwimWccIoM

Seems to be an Italian film to see in the next year.
Such a film would never be on public display in Germany. I hope you find the trailer okay, I like it.

many regards

Peter

Thanks Peter, I have to check that out. If nothing else the uniforms and equipment look pretty good

Speaking of display in Germany.
Did you watch and what did you think of "Our Mothers Our Fathers "
(Unsere Mutter Unsere Vater) from last year.
I quite enjoyed it despite story getting a bit far fetched by the endd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZZpqk520IM
11-16-2014, 10:55 PM,
Thank you for your comment. The miniseries "Our Mothers, Our Fathers" have
I unfortunately have not seen. German film productions in our "Public service television" I look normal not to be, from the series I had not even heard of. In the German press but published reports that there have been complaints from Poland about the representation of Polish fighters. I'll get me the DVD now in any case.

Peter
Send this user an email
11-16-2014, 11:03 PM,
(11-16-2014, 10:55 PM)Panzerjäger Wrote: Thank you for your comment. The miniseries "Our Mothers, Our Fathers" have
I unfortunately have not seen. German film productions in our "Public service television" I look normal not to be, from the series I had not even heard of. In the German press but published reports that there have been complaints from Poland about the representation of Polish fighters. I'll get me the DVD now in any case.

Peter

Hi Peter

I think you can actually watch the whole mini series on youtube now if its any help

cheers Laz