• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
10-21-2014, 09:36 AM,
movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
Saw the movie today. Before I say anything about it, has anyone else seen it?

Gil
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2014, 10:42 AM,
RE: movie 'FURY' with Brad Pitt
I did Big Grin
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67114

The movie was AWESOME! Kind of a split between Band of Brothers and Saving Pvt. Ryan. Very realistic movie. The weapons were spot on and the special effects were great! The cannon sound effects were SWEET! Need them now for Squad Battles Big Grin

The movie didn't hold anything back. Dirty, grim and showed the horrors of war and the effects it has
on the men who go to war.

IMHO it won't be a box office hit. It's not an action flick, but a down and dirty war story.

I would rate this as a top 5 or better war movie! Going to add this to my collection the day of the DVD
release!

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent." Tank6

(10-21-2014, 09:36 AM)Oberst Wrote: Saw the movie today. Before I say anything about it, has anyone else seen it?

Gil
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-21-2014, 07:10 PM,
No Gil,

Haven't seen it yet, haven't had the time, but will see it maybe this weekend.

So far it appears it got pretty good reviews and the 3 trailers I've seen are pretty good.
Cheers!cheers
Ivan the Big(John) Cigar5
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM,
Fantasy Story.
5 Americans against 300 Germans! In April 1945!Hallo?
Americans have never been outnumbered in WW2.German were always outnumbered.The Wehrmacht was smashed on the Western Front in 1945.There was only fanatical resistance on the Eastern Front.
And the 300 SS soldiers are only ugly idiots in the movie.
Four Sherman tanks moving forward less than 20ft apart with all the infantry bunched up behind the tanks! One mortar would have kill half of the men and wounded almost all of them. Shermans fighting infantry and antitank guns and the Shermans are not even buttoned up.The antitank weapons don't even fire until the tanks are 150ft away.300 SS soldiers with a dozen panzerfaust cannot defeat one Sherman.
On April 17, troops of the 9th Army reached Magdeburg on the Elbe. A reinforced Corps was left to the reduction of the Ruhr Boiler.SS troops there were none left.SS troops only fought on the Eastern Front , the Balkans, Austria and Southern Germany.
Where is came from the Tiger?
In April 1945 are only a few Tiger Tanks still fighting on Berlin,in South German territory and Bohemia and Moravia.
10-22-2014, 12:36 PM,
I liked it overall.

Not completely accurate, but who cares. It's pretty dark, and not all of the American characters are heroic, or even likeable.

One cool fact: the Tiger I in the movie is the only functioning Tiger still in existence, which is pretty cool. The "Tiger" in SPR was built over a T-34 chassis.

One good reason to see it: it's pretty unlikely that there will ever be a "tank" movie in the near future, and possibly ever.
10-22-2014, 10:56 PM,
Have not seen the movie yet. Dont Know
Plan to but, my work schedule sucks for the next two weeks. Hamster Wheel

Though, I'm still glad to see that the Germans still lose in the war. Whistle
Even if a "fantasy", the trailer(s) looked great. Scale

Thank you 3

HSL
10-25-2014, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014, 01:48 AM by Crossroads.)
Fury hits the theaters here come next week Friday, I think I will definitively go and see it. Too much authentic gear to miss it!

So no spoilers please! Whip

Or come to think of it, if you must, then put your spoilers inside

Spoiler Expand
spoiler tags! TEEHEE
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-25-2014, 06:09 AM,
Hi Friends,

I've seen the trailer and the German translation. This movie I'm not going to watch me, although I love war movies. Saved Priv. Ryan is certainly one of the best films, the series Band of Brothers is very good, "the Longest Day" perfectly, about Tarantino "Inglorious Bastards" I can laugh without annoy me. I love "independence day" or "battleship" because you are not as happy Americans, when the good guys win. Brad Pitt has nothing better to do than to play in such movies and they revalue it?
@ Westland Thank you for your post

Sorry, but I had to write.

I hope we still remain friends.

Many greetings from Germany

Peter / Panzerjäger

I hope, the translate is okay

Peter panzerjaeger
Send this user an email
10-26-2014, 04:05 AM,
I went and saw it with the wife. I enjoyed it but it was not without some major flaws. It was weird, at points it was very realistic but then it would drift off into total Hollywood fantasy land.

Like Westfall said above there is a point, (The only real "big battle scene" in the movie) where there are, "four Sherman tanks moving forward less than 20ft apart with all the infantry bunched up behind the tanks" and it looked totally ridiculous. This is followed up by a bunch of GI's firing rifles from the hip and other dumb stuff. There is plenty more to pick apart, like the tank mowing down an insane amount of supposedly elite SS troops while it is immobilized.

However, there are things, like the aforementioned cannon sounds, tracer effects and the basic story line, that I liked. I would recommend it as a fairly good war movie, but Band of Brothers it ain't!
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 08:23 PM by Westland.)
Wardaddy and Captain Winters Easy Company had taken Berlin alone.The SS men are more reminiscent of the " Volkssturm ". Old men and children on bicycles.Only 300 "Volkssturm" units is to defeat yes not Heroic. That's why it had to be in the movie SS troops.
The movie would have been more exciting if the Germans had only had a tiger and 5 men. As it was really.
The most realistic and best war films are:
-Letters from Iwo Jima.
-The Bridge (1959,the remake of 2008 was ridiculous.)
-Full Metal Jacket
-Das Boot