10-18-2014, 03:08 AM,
RE: Fury opens today
Real Tiger I LOL

[Image: Fury-set-pictures-3.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2014, 07:42 AM,
I think this movie is going to be so stupid in regards to the capabilities of their Firefly; I bet they end up killing every Tiger they see. The commercials looks silly too "hey, let the German open the hatch and then I will shoot him". But what if he just opens the hatch, doesn't look in but only drops in a grenade? I am getting flash backs of "The Beast" where they had a couch and fridge in their T62. I am still going to watch it on disc, but I think I will be tearing it apart especially as I am ex-armoured.

BTw- since when did the Sherman have 4 MGs?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-18-2014, 08:30 AM,
I too, will wait for it to come out on Netflix.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a good movie.
10-18-2014, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 09:28 AM by Richie61.)
Ok. Not a great writer, but I will try.

The movie was AWESOME! Kind of a split between Band of Brothers and Saving Pvt. Ryan.
Very realistic movie. The weapons were spot on and the special effects were great! The cannon
sound effects were SWEET! Need them now for Squad Battles Big Grin

The movie didn't hold anything back. Dirty, grim and showed the horrors of war and the effects it has
on the men who go to war.

IMHO it won't be a box office hit. It's not an action flick, but a down and dirty war story.

I would rate this as a top 5 or better war movie! Going to add this to my collection the day of the DVD
release!

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent." Gunny

(10-18-2014, 09:26 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Ok. Not a great writer, but I will try.

Their home is a M4E8 Sherman and not a British Firefly. Blink and you will miss the Tiger scene Wink

The movie was AWESOME! Kind of a split between Band of Brothers and Saving Pvt. Ryan.
Very realistic movie. The weapons were spot on and the special effects were great! The cannon
sound effects were SWEET! Need them now for Squad Battles Big Grin

The movie didn't hold anything back. Dirty, grim and showed the horrors of war and the effects it has
on the men who go to war.

IMHO it won't be a box office hit. It's not an action flick, but a down and dirty war story.

I would rate this as a top 5 or better war movie! Going to add this to my collection the day of the DVD
release!

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent." Gunny
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-18-2014, 09:29 AM,
Thanks for the review!

Did you save any popcorn for us?

Popcorn 2
10-21-2014, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM by Weasel.)
That is good to know, I am looking forward to it. This is how observant I am when watching stuff: the other day we were watching Andy Griffith (Mayberry) and there was a cup of pencils on his desk, the Mayor came in and needed a pencil so Barney told him the pencils were in the drawer (where the fish was) and of course the cup of pencils was now gone. My wife never noticed it, but I did. Did any of you see the cap going on and off Tony Soprano's orange juice, or their wine glasses going up and down at dinner?

I drive my wife nuts.

Funny, if you look at the picture above they have no co-ax MG but they have an extra AAA MG because the German airforce was so evident I guess.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-21-2014, 09:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM by Compass Rose.)
Attention to detail! Search2

The Andy Griffith Show is my all-time favorite series, right next to The Honeymooners! Smile
10-22-2014, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014, 12:21 PM by Westland.)
Fantasy Story.
5 Americans against 300 Germans! In April 1945!Hallo?
Americans have never been outnumbered in WW2.German were always outnumbered.The Wehrmacht was smashed on the Western Front in 1945.There was only fanatical resistance on the Eastern Front.
And the 300 SS soldiers are only ugly idiots in the movie.
Four Sherman tanks moving forward less than 20ft apart with all the infantry bunched up behind the tanks! One mortar would have kill half of the men and wounded almost all of them. Shermans fighting infantry and antitank guns and the Shermans are not even buttoned up.The antitank weapons don't even fire until the tanks are 150ft away.300 SS soldiers with a dozen panzerfaust cannot defeat one Sherman.
On April 17, troops of the 9th U.S. Army reached Magdeburg on the Elbe(Mr.Pitt his tank belongs to the 9th U.S.Army). A reinforced Corps was left to the reduction of the Ruhr Boiler.SS troops there were none left.SS troops only fought on the Eastern Front , the Balkans, Austria and Southern Germany.
Where is came from the Tiger?
In April 1945 are only a few Tiger Tanks still fighting on Berlin,in South German territory and Bohemia and Moravia.The 9th U.S. Army was but in North Germany.
That is completely ridiculous:
-The crew - one tough guy, one latino, one religious pacifist, one redneck bully and one newbie.
-A tiger tank with no infantry Support.
-An instant love connection between a German civilian and a GI.
-PAK 40 rounds bouncing off of Shermans? While in the short time depicted in film, no fewer than THREE Sherman turrets are blown off.
-Two murders of surrendered soldiers in front of twenty men - not in the heat or stress of actual combat.
10-24-2014, 08:20 AM,
That is the reason I am waiting for the dvd, won't spend $15 to see it in the theatre. They had jadgtigers fighting the yanks (Otto Carrius), I believe about 10 before they broke down to over weight and hull cracks from the heavy gun.