• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fury opens today
10-30-2014, 11:38 AM,
RE: Fury opens today
Spoiler alert Wink

Tank battle screen played well in Lock N Load board game Big Grin

[Image: 1028140843.jpg]

Quote:In this reenactment, ________ make it through, one by the grace of an unlucky to hill roll when it was just a couple hundred meters from the Tiger. So, what’s all y’alls’ opinion? Realistic or not?

http://overdaedge.blogspot.com/2014/10/f...tment.html
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 05:17 AM,
(10-18-2014, 09:26 AM)Richie61 Wrote: The cannon sound effects were SWEET! Need them now for Squad Battles Big Grin

As were the mortar sounds, when they were firing out from the city. Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! I want them!

Here's my little review in Campaign Series forum: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid395513

For its flaws and lapses in concentration, it is still a very good movie. And for the sounds, you got to experience them in the movie theather! Whip

So take your $15 and use it here. It is worth it, it is not like there's a better war movie coming out soon. Or is there?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-27-2014, 05:44 PM,
I´ve seen it in a theater, and it was an incredible experience!! Highly recommend to anyone interested in this era or tanks.

Maybe not the best story, but I didn´t see a better raw description of war and it´s horrors before!
The effects are the best to date in war movies, at least I think so. Trust me, once that German kid suddenly fires a panzerfaust, your pulse will jump high Big Grin And those canons firing, shots bouncing of that Tiger, that´s incredible!

Been there with my friends, all interested in this era or tanks at least, we all liked it very much. I told my wife I wouldn´t even take her to see that movie, those women I saw sitting there clearly had enough right in the beginning of the movie when that newbie had to clean the Sherman from his predecessor´s remains. I saw them turning their heads away from the picture several times during the movieWink Very well shot movie I must once again say! Highly recommend, if for nothing, than for those effects at least!
11-27-2014, 11:19 PM,
I agree that the film visuals are impressive - for the most part. Tracers looked ridiculous, though.

But to me, the movie was spoiled to a big extent by things that didn't make much tactical or technical sense.
  • Unseen and unsuppressed antitank gun that apparently couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from one end of a small town square to the other
  • The Tiger Ballet - from the distances as depicted in the movie, the 76mm gun should have no problem taking the Tiger from the front - why the hassle? The crew had plenty of chances for shots while the Tiger was dealing with the other Shermans.
  • If the crossroad was that important, why not send a couple of armored/scout cars in advance, and half-track infantry as support? Even a Jeep with a radio operator would have made all the tactical difference (but, apparently, a less dramatic movie).
  • With the amount of Panzerfausts the SS were carrying in the establishing shot alone, the tank should have looked like a pasta strainer five minutes into the battle. This being 1945, the Panzerfaust models were most likely 60 or 100 - even if the effective range is half that, no need to get that close and personal; plus the target was immobile.

In my opinion, the movie creators wanted to tell the story of what soldiers and tankers faced as their daily grind; but to make the movies "Hollywood watchable", they resorted to too much compromises.