• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Humph!
10-18-2014, 02:18 AM,
RE: Humph!
What ever happened with the new bubble terrain versions of PzC. I read about people buying the JT version and getting the new stuff. Did HPS ever release a patch for the HPS buyers?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2014, 02:19 AM,
Nope. I'm still waiting on that also.
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 03:55 AM,
Well, AOTR had been updated also.

Check out the change file dates:

ES: 1/30/14

AotR: 1/12/14

Thanks Tiller\HPS\whom ever for keeping your customers up to date and informed Helpless
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 04:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 04:00 AM by Richie61.)
SOB! I bought both ES and AotR to see for my self.

Dates on the change files!

Now this is SCREWED up!

I wonder if new people with these can play against people like me with the older versions????? Dizzy

LOL! Beat me too it! Jester
10-18-2014, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 04:42 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
News to me. I sent Rich an EMAIL to ask what's up.

(10-18-2014, 03:55 AM)keif149 Wrote: Well, AOTR had been updated also.

Check out the change file dates:

Thanks Tiller\HPS\whom ever for keeping your customers up to date and informed Helpless

How many PDT files are there in the AoTR new version?

I was working with Rich to get out an update for HPS back in March, which is when I created new PDT files to match the ones in RV. I was given the 'new' exe file for AoTR to test. It's dated March of 2014. I haven't heard from Rich since April.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-18-2014, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 06:04 AM by keif149.)
Allan,

There are 3 .pdts in AOTR. My old game had 4 but I may have had a custom one in there. No biggie if a scenario fails to load, you just have to change the header.

Bottom line, Ed and I contributed to the Tiller fund today. I'm sure he could use the money.
If your pal let you down or out of the loop, I feel for you.
I have my editors now and won't need to convert ES and AOTR scenarios to the RV engine for my X Mod any longer.
It's X Mod full steam ahead ;-)
Would be nice if you can get them to release the stuff for the rest of the guys as they may not be able to re-buy the games.
As you know, Ed and I are not very patient when it comes to the editors ;-)
Thanks for going to bat for us a year ago too.

Here's the changes for AOTR if anyone cares.

Changes for Advance of the Reich V1.06
- Initial John Tiller Software release.

Changes for Advance of the Reich V1.05
- Added Weapons Off option under View Menu to hide discarded weapons on
the map.
- Added reliability 'X' for loads, weapons, and vehicles.
- Added Leader morale modification to assault morale (see Assaulting
in User Manual).
- Added Demoralize load effect which causes units to become
Demoralized or Disrupted (see Weapon Types in the User Manual).
- Changes that reduces protection and movement cost between adjacent
Trench hexes (see Users Manual under Movement and Firing).
- Added Inspirational Weapons in addition to Motivational Weapons.
- Added ability to sort data in the Database Editor.
- Added option for Mouse Wheel Zoom.
- Added hot key 'F' in main program to toggle Hold Fire.
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 11:14 AM by keif149.)
Guess what?
My AOTR game doesn't have a data editor???

Edit:

First I would like to apologize to my ladder, club members and anyone else whom has been following this thread.
I let frustration over a hobby get the better of me.
We’re all human and humans make mistakes. Getting angry over another persons error was not acceptable.
I submitted a ticket to JTS and it was answered in a reasonable amount of time for a late Friday afternoon.
Rich Hamilton supplied the missing editor, and after deleting and re-installing, the 1.06 AOTR editors work as advertised.
I apologized to Rich in person and I apologize to Alan now for placing him in an awkward position.
If I find myself in a similar position in the future, I will not subject the rest of my brethren with my troubles.
Good day.
Daniel Keifer.
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 11:11 AM,
Looking thought the JT files and my AotR game doesn't have a "Campaign" folder like the HPS version?

Wondering why?
10-19-2014, 06:24 AM,
I don't believe AoTR has a campaign game, does it?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-19-2014, 09:15 AM,
Gentlemen,

Help me understand if I am thinking correctly

I purchased 9 Squad Battle games in the past 3 months. 1 from JTS and the others from NWS-(HPS).

The updates from JTS only work on games purchased from JTS and the updates provided from HPS only work on HPS.

JTS will put out a new update for a game but HPS does not have that update so it can not put it out. If one player is playing a JTS game and the other is playing a HPS game they possibly will not work!

Am I thinking properly so far?

I guess I am confused as to why I purchased the HPS games if they are not being updated in a timely manner. This whole issue of updates is a bit strange.

Is HPS planning on going out of business? I would be nice for the entire gaming community that plays Mr Tillers games if there was some clarification from both HPS and JTS as to how the folks who spend their money should proceed. Until there is some clarification of what is happening, I will not be purchasing more games!

If my thought process is incorrect, please point me in the proper direction so I can understand.

Thank you