• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgot - How to Fire Indirect Smoke?
10-26-2014, 05:24 AM,
RE: Forgot - How to Fire Indirect Smoke?
Thanks for the plug Tiger. Great to hear from you again! I occasionally look to see if any of my old scenarios have had a play but they have been a bit cobweb coated in recent years. I'm still making scenarios for the AGEOD games - got a bit stuck on my recent Alea Jacta Est scenario about the emperor Aurelian as I can't get the barbarians to be aggressive enough. Not getting much time for gaming at the moment - but I would really like to return to CS in the next few years. It's such a great game and I am missing it. Hopefully you will still be around to give me a sound thrashing in the future. Until then I will be lurking :)

Cheers,
Chris
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2014, 11:25 PM,
Hey Steve...you staying out of trouble?

Smoke...that's the stuff Dale uses to whip us?...lol...

Got two scenarios ready, Cobra and Berlin.
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM,
(11-01-2014, 11:25 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey Steve...you staying out of trouble?

Smoke...that's the stuff Dale uses to whip us?...lol...

Got two scenarios ready, Cobra and Berlin.

Dan - you holding back on me? Berlin? Cobra I new about- let me know if your ready to roll with your gems!

Fellow gamers Dan builds some of the funnest and most challenging scenarios I have ever played. You have to really study his maps. Currently I am plaing his longest day scenario as axis and though I have enjoyed some early success against the invaders there are many holes in the dam that I am trying to plug with rushing troops to the fronts. It's a monster scenario and you have to be committed in playing through it but what great fun and to see how this fantastic battle is unfolding. I totally recommend it!
11-02-2014, 12:41 AM,
Thanks for the rec Steve.
Anyone looking for valid and intelligent input on scenarios...won't find a better resource then Steve.

I believe Cobra is ready for beta testing. Just trying to feel everyone out to see if I should add nighttime turns. I'm leaning towards no at this point, but mostly because I'm lazy and would hate to potentially glitch the scenario work...egads!....gadzooks!

I'm in the middle of a 4 man ball buster, XXXXVIII (Kursk), but once we wrap that up my dance card is wide open.

I recommend that scenario by the way. I think it's gained some traction and well deserved.

The designer, Mr. von Earlmann himself, has incorporated some unique elements that make it very challenging. The Germans have overwhelming superiority, but with some significant chinks in their armor. No pun. OK, unintentional pun. Love the setup, playing it for my first time as Axis after giving the Russkies a go.

Steve, I'll be starting a COBRA thread, it's going to be 2v2 (optional of course)...so I'll be chatting up a lot of the "usual suspects"...WhipRolling Eyes