• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgot - How to Fire Indirect Smoke?
10-10-2014, 05:55 AM,
Forgot - How to Fire Indirect Smoke?
For the life of me - I cannot get my arty units to fire indirect smoke...

Isnt the command:

Ctl+Shft Fire

Brain Freeze...

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 06:45 AM,
RE: Forgot - How to Fire Indirect Smoke?
Hey Steve!! Close, its Ctl+Alt+Fire!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-10-2014, 06:49 AM,
Hey Mike... you would think that after playing over 900 games I would remember!

Thanks brother for the help!
10-10-2014, 07:04 AM,
(10-10-2014, 05:55 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: For the life of me - I cannot get my arty units to fire indirect smoke...

Isnt the command:

Ctl+Shft Fire

Two better ways:
  • When in Fire Mode, click the Smoke icon in the Tool Bar.
  • When in Fire Mode, select the menu item Units > Fire Smoke.

The next fire action -- only the very next one -- should fire smoke (unless by random chance the smoke round fails).

Note that if an arty unit has enough APs to fire twice, if you want to fire smoke twice, you need to click the Fire Smoke (or select Units > Fire Smoke) before every fire action.

It was precisely because it was so hard to remember (and sometimes for the program to process correctly the obscure keyboard combo) that we added the new Tool Bar button, and the new Menu selection.

Note: The same general procedures apply to firing starshells also.
10-11-2014, 03:30 AM,
Okay now I know why, when I press the smoke icon it never happened. I needed to be in fire mode. I was about to ask that question.
10-11-2014, 03:41 AM,
Yes, the Fire Smoke button (or Fire Starshell button, or the menu options) is like a one-time toggle. It sets up for a subsequent smoke firing, then expires. You need to reset it every time.
10-12-2014, 09:11 AM,
I highlight the firing unit on the map & then hold down the Alt button & right click the target hex. Works for me.
Send this user an email
10-15-2014, 02:52 AM,
Something tells me I am going to see smoke in my next turn from Tiger 88. <g>
10-25-2014, 05:48 AM,
If you have forgotten how to fire smoke Tiger maybe this is the time I should come back to the game and play you again :) Maybe I will wait a few more years until you really hit your dotage - you will probably still beat me though.

Cheers,
Chris
10-26-2014, 12:17 AM,
(10-25-2014, 05:48 AM)Hobbes Wrote: If you have forgotten how to fire smoke Tiger maybe this is the time I should come back to the game and play you again :) Maybe I will wait a few more years until you really hit your dotage - you will probably still beat me though.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris - how the heck have you been my friend! A long time no talk. Just fyi - the sudden reality of having to fire smoke did in fact rush back to me! In fact getting ready to take an Ivan ridge with lots of fun little German armor! I hope you have been well? Ave you designed any more wonderful scenarios lately? I sure hope so! Plug: fellow gamers if you have not tried Chris's Wf scenarios - you need to! Two of the very best you will ever play! Just look under his ladder name. By the way Chris - pick your poison and send me over your fate! Just no EA or VV! Thanks for the note and great to hear from you! All my best!