• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgotten Battles Tournament - ENDED
10-28-2014, 09:57 AM,
RE: Forgotten Battles Tournament
(10-28-2014, 04:30 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 01:56 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: In our game noticed we were not playing with EA on. I think the game would have played considerably different so hard to tell. I will say my forces were pretty light to hold off the polish hords.

I think EA on or off is more about playing style as many players I think prefer to play mostly with either of the options in place. So what you know is what you're good at. I know this is a bit of a picky subject but just trying to analyse this scenario and its particular settings.

These are morale 6 units, and at the end of the day EA is quite pretty easy with low-morale stacks. We played with EA on, lots of assaults taking place, many of them resulting in a surround-capture type of results.

I managed to lose with my Poles, I was one of the playtesters for this scenario and not once did I manage to witness such a complete Soviet victory. Not many troopers left standing at the end, got my head served on a platter alright Helmet Smile

I would have played differently with EA on - trust me! We were too far along to go back and kick it off again. With EA on - this one would have played differently IMO. So then I would also say - if this is to be played either way - then why would the notes state to play with EA on? Poles have way more forces than the Reds - thus with EA on - balances out the force issue.
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 04:56 PM,
(10-28-2014, 09:57 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: I would have played differently with EA on - trust me! We were too far along to go back and kick it off again. With EA on - this one would have played differently IMO. So then I would also say - if this is to be played either way - then why would the notes state to play with EA on? Poles have way more forces than the Reds - thus with EA on - balances out the force issue.

Oh yes, the scenario is definitively designed to be played with EA on. I guess the point I was making was that with this scenario and its low morale units it makes less of an effect than in a scenario with higher morale units.

My plan as Poles was to cut the Soviet column into three pieces and destroy it in a piecemeal fashion. The opposite happened Mex Big Grin

Lots of assault-captures in this one even with EA on.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-16-2014, 07:44 PM,
Reporting an Allied Major Win in Repel the Bolsheviks' (Boisforas-Allied; Ivan the Big-Axis)

Seems the Poles were just to much for my Bolsheviks'

I am ready for my next assignment...

Ivan the BigCigar5
11-27-2014, 03:31 AM,
Thanks for reporting the results! I will assign a new round shortly.

As it is, the 75th Anniversary of the beginning of Winter War is Nov 30, I will put a new post in the forums, hopefully we can attract a few more players so assigning new rounds with new opponents would be a tad quicker.

Hold those thoughts! We shall return Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-01-2014, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014, 04:03 AM by Crossroads.)
Commanders: I have just put in a new recruitment post in the main forum. Here's hoping we get some fresh blood! Perhaps you can email some of your trusty opponent's and suggest them to participate as well?

Regardless, we shall shortly move to Round 3: Wytyczno 1939 After that, the new 1939 Invasion of Poland scenarios are completed, and we shall move to new Winter War scenarios. After Winter War, new Barbarossa scenarios...

Here's my proposed set ups for next round:

Ed vs. Ivan the Big
Juan Manuel vs. dawags
Boisforas vs. Otto von Blotto
??? vs. Tiger88

If no new players come in, I shall play against Tiger88.

Ashcloud, Chris Merchant, you still have your first round game going on, right? Everything's OK?

I will send out e-mails and battle orders out on Monday.

Meanwhile, you can study the Round 3 scenario here -> LINK.

Til then! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-02-2014, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 03:03 AM by Crossroads.)
Round 3: Wytyczno 1939 (1 October 1939) - SM 3

Here we go then! As there were no new players for this round, I have sent the emails per my listing above.

ROUND 3: Wytyczno 1939 This is the third and last scenario of Invasion-of-Poland phase.

Scenario available -> H E R E.

The scenario does not have any information about optional rules, so I suggest all rules are turned ON. Helmet Smile

Games In Progress:

Ed vs. Ivan the Big
Juan Manuel vs. dawags
Ashcloud vs. Tiger88
Battle Kat vs. Chris Merchant
Dan Caviness vs Outlaw Josey Wales

In reserves:
Bolo (will email me once available)

Soap Box

Here's a recap of the next three scenarios within tournament. Depending how quickly the battles are played I will put opponents together to play any scenario they might have missed.

Round 5 will be optional as it requires the Forgotten Battles Mod in place.

I am currently playing Enforcing the Line against Hawk Kriegsman, while Metal Gods has been thoroughly playtested. Hence first the Metal Gods, then Enforcing the Line.

Rounds 1-3 - Soviet invasion of Poland
Rounds 4-6 - Soviet invasion of Finland
Rounds 7+ - Barbarossa and beyond.

Polish - Soviet War of 1920

ROUND 1: Repel the Bolsheviks! [14 August 1920]
- Available to Campaign Series 2.00 as-is. Yay!
- The battle for the city of Lwów during the Polish-Soviet War of 1920
- Scenario in H2H testing
- Historical introduction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lwów_(1920)
- Discuss it here! https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64211
- Scenario Design: Warhorse

Soviet Union invasion of Poland 1939

ROUND 2: Battle of Szack [28 September 1939]
- A rare victory for the brave Poles! But can you repeat it here? (Hist.)
- H2H approved. (H2H forum)
- Historical introduction: Wiki
- Discuss it here! https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=63689
- Scenario Design: Warhorse

ROUND 3: Wytyczno 1939 [1 October 1939]
The battle of Wytyczno was a struggle between the Polish forces of the Border Defence Corps of Gen. Wilhelm Orlik-Rückemann and the Soviet Red Army during the invasion of Poland.
- Scenario available in Blitz Scenario DB
- Scenario Design: MarW

Winter War

ROUND 4: ** Arctic Front: Metal Gods [26 February 1940]
- Available to Campaign Series 2.02 as-is. Yay!
- A rare tank battle during Winter War, with elements of Finnish II Corps attempting to secure a breach in Honkaniemi sector, south of Viborg.
- Discuss it here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=66194
- Scenario Design: Battle Kat

OPTIONAL ROUND 5: ** Arctic Front: Enforcing The Line [11 February 1940]
- FB2.0 REQUIRED

- The Anglo-French Expeditionary force making their way into D. Bevard 'Cracking The Line' scenario. (What-if)
- Historical introduction: Wiki
- Discuss it here! https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61855
- Scenario Design: Battle Kat, original battle: D Bevard

ROUND 6 ** Arctic Front: Higher Ground (3 March 1940).
- Soviet 13th Army trying to break through at Vuosalmi during the last bitter days of Winter War
- Scenario now available in Blitz Scenario DB
- Discuss it here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64003
- Scenario Design: Battle Kat
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-02-2014, 01:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 04:56 AM by Crossroads.)
Tiger88, I will wait a day or two to have acks from the first three pairings, if all good I will send you an email to confirm we shall duel it out at Poland. Just to get the show on the road again! Hope you don't mind to wait a bit further.

Edit: Ah, Chris Merchant and Ashcloud have finished their Round 1 game. I will assign Ashcloud against Tiger88 and Chris Merchant vs myself. Then we have all new pairings for Round 3.

Again, I will have those who missed Round 2 in Battle of Szack to have another chance to visit the scenario during the tournament.

Onwards it is!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-02-2014, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014, 03:09 AM by Crossroads.)
Standings as we speak:

Quote:Major Win = 5 * Size modifier
Minor Win = 4 * Size modifier
Draw = 3 * Size modifier
Minor Loss = 2 * Size modifier
Major Loss = 1 * Size modifier

Round 1: Repel the Bolshevik! - Size Modifier 2

Completed games:
Ed vs. dawags - Allied Major Win
Juan Manuel vs. Otto von Blotto - Allied Major Win
Boisforas vs. Ivan the Big - Allied Major Win
Ashcloud vs. Chris Merchant - Allied Major Win

All four games ended with Allied Major win. 10 points per Major win (5*2), 2 points per Major loss (1*2)

Side A: 40 pts
Side B: 8 pts

Round 2 - Battle of Szack - Size Modifer 1

Completed games:
Battle Kat vs. dawags - Axis Major Win
Ed vs. Tiger 88 - Allied Major Win

One major win per side. 5*1 pts for a major win, 1*1 for a major loss

Side A: 6 pts
Side B: 6 pts

Round 3 - Wytyczno 1939 - Size Modifer 3

Completed games:
Juan Manuel vs. dawags - Allied Major Win

On-going games:
Ed vs Ivan the Big
Ashcloud vs. Tiger88
Battle Kat vs. Chris Merchant (ON HOLD)

One major win: 5*3 pts for a major win, 5*1 for a major loss

Side A: 15 pts
Side B: 5 pts

Round 4 - Metal Gods - Size Modifer 2

On-going games:
Juan Manuel - Acka
CplKroz - dawags

Total Points

Side A: 61 pts
Side B: 17 pts

Soap Box

Dec 25

A bit lopsided towards Side A at the moment, but early days still. Let us see if the arrival of Winter War brings changes to the situation Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-04-2014, 08:09 AM,
Cannon Fodder reporting for duty...assuming you have room Petri?
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM,
(12-04-2014, 08:09 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Cannon Fodder reporting for duty...assuming you have room Petri?

Welcome, Sir! I'll assign you to the front lines as soon as I have someone to shoot at you! Helmet Wink
Visit us at CSLegion.com