• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgotten Battles Tournament - ENDED
09-06-2014, 04:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2017, 03:19 AM by Crossroads.)
Forgotten Battles Tournament - ENDED
Forgotten Battles Tournament

[Image: 112059.jpg]

JTCS Version used in the Tournament
Everyone participating must have JTCS 2.02 available to play these scenarios.

Tournament Philosophy
Spoiler Expand
This tournament is about fun. It should hopefully not become too competitive as that is not the point. Anyone should be able to participate. The two sides should mix new and experieced players, to create teams that are balanced.

Rules
Spoiler Expand
The Blitz Rules of Engagement and only them apply to this tournament.

As for scenario specific Optional Rules, they are set as defined in the scenario description. When given a choice, Optional rules may in that case be decided by the player who plays the first turn of the scenario.

Ladder Points
Spoiler Expand
All games are reported to Blitz Ladder per Blitz Ladder Rules.

Medals and Awards
Spoiler Expand
Everyone having finished six (6) battles within this tournament will get a Forgotten Battles participant medal. Best players on both sides will get a special award, with the top scorer an honorary mention. The winning side gets the bragging rights, of course Helmet Wink

Scenarios Included in the Tournament
Spoiler Expand
Well the initial idea is to cover the full list of scenarios implemented for the mod, as of Forgotten Battles v 1.0 (Lapland War). Most of them are now available to be played with the basic 2.02 install, while some of them will require the v 2.0 of the mod to be enabled.

Playing the scenarios still requiring the Forgotten Battles mod will be optional, I don't want to push the mod on anyone. Plenty to play regardless!

HERE's the scenario list. from the hosted mods subforum.

Tournament Scoring
Spoiler Expand
An overall score is kept for the the whole of war. Scoring per Player and Side:
Major Win: 5  x SM of the given scenario
Minor Win: 4  x SM of the given scenario
Draw: 3  x SM of the given scenario
Minor Loss: 2  x SM of the given scenario
Major Loss: 1  x SM of the given scenario

Teams
Spoiler Expand
The tournament is open for all Blitz members who are out from Bootcamp. The tournament is played by two teams; Side A and Side B. New members may join in at any time. Existing team members may take a break or retire as long as they finish the game they've begun.

Disputes
Spoiler Expand
Any disputes that might rise are resolved by the Tournament Host (ie.:me). Rule of thumb for disputes: there shouldn't be any, as this tournament is about fun, not scores and results!

End of Tournament
Spoiler Expand
It ends when we say it ends! Have fun, everyone! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 11:12 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Forgotten Battles Tournament
THE FEW - THE PROUD - THE FIRST WAVE:

Note: the scenarios are designed in a manner the Axis and Allied siding per Nation does not necessarily remain the same for the duration of the tournament. For an example, USSR begins the tournament as Axis in the early war scenarios, then becomes Allied as of June 1941, then becomes Axis again in 1945+ What-Ifs.

SIDE A (PLAYING THE 'ALLIED' SIDE IN ALL SCENARIOS)

Ed
Juan Manuel
Battle Kat
Ashcloud
Boisforas

SIDE B (PLAYING THE 'AXIS' SIDE IN ALL SCENARIOS)

dawags
Otto von Blotto
Ivan The Big
Chris Merchant
Tiger 88
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 04:54 AM by Crossroads.)
First Blood: Repel the Bolshevik!
Round 1: Repel the Bolshevik! (June, 1920) - SM2

Update Dec 01

Completed games:
Ed vs. dawags - Allied Major Win
Juan Manuel vs. Otto von Blotto - Allied Major Win
Boisforas vs. Ivan the Big - Allied Major Win
Ashcloud vs. Chris Merchant - Allied Major Win

All four games ended with Allied Major win.

In progress:
-

Not started:
-

The scenario is available HERE. Please download it.

It is SM=2, therefore a Major Win equals 5*2 = 10 tournament points for the winner, while a Major Loss earns 1*2 = 2 tournament points for his opponent. A Draw earns each side 3*2 = 6 points, and so forth. See: Tournament Scoring.

Although it does not say so in Scenario Description, I know Mike wanted this to be played with Indirect Fire By Map = OFF also. So be it:

Quote:[No EA, VV] Due to battery control restraints of the period, I recommend a gentlemans agreement to not use any indirect fire, but to use the artillery units as direct fire support.

As of JTCS 2.00, Forgotten Battles 2.0 User Mod is not required anymore to play this scenario. On the other hand having the mod enabled does not make an effect to it either.

I will email the participants their opponent info once I get the Ack from everyone with the PBEM E-mail address they prefer to use.

Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-11-2014, 01:11 AM,
Just to point out there is an error with the blitz scenario listing of this game, the first side is axis whereas the listing says it's allied, this was pointed out to me by Juan yesterday as I was waiting for him to start and he was waiting for me. Waiting
09-11-2014, 03:30 AM,
Oh yes that's right, the Axis Soviets move first. I'll let Mike know so he can fix it. He can also update the fact it does not require a mod anymore.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-20-2014, 01:15 AM,
Just wanted to say if anyone drops out of this I am happy to be on standby!
09-20-2014, 04:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 05:16 AM by Crossroads.)
(09-20-2014, 01:15 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: Just wanted to say if anyone drops out of this I am happy to be on standby!

There is no waiting line, the tournament is always open to new recruits!

As soon as we find an opponent for you front lines it is!

Anyone else? Please Join In Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-20-2014, 05:15 AM,
Ok - very cool! Thanks Battle Kat!
09-26-2014, 10:29 PM,
(09-20-2014, 05:15 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: Ok - very cool! Thanks Battle Kat!

OK Tiger 88, you're in now! I will send you an opponent shortly! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-27-2014, 01:14 AM,
Reporting a major loss as Axis (difficult to wrap my brain around being the Russian as "Axis") in first scenario vs. Ed (Panther)
Russian infantry reported as "crap"
Well played by Ed...

Ready for next...

dawags