• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgotten Battles Tournament - ENDED
09-27-2014, 05:23 AM,
RE: Forgotten Battles Tournament
LOL LOL

Yes, they may gallop like a thunder but leaving their tachankas and direct fire support of their infantry guns too far behind will leave them vulnerable to Polish defenders in their well prepared positions.

Sending you your next opponent shortly, tomorrow in all likelyhood! Thanks! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2014, 08:22 AM,
ready for the next battle
09-27-2014, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 04:53 AM by Crossroads.)
Round 2 - Battle of Szack - SM1

Completed games:
Battle Kat vs. dawags - Axis Major Win
Ed vs. Tiger 88 - Allied Major Win

In progress:
-

Not started:
-

No mod required - can be played with MCS 2.02 as-is.

And so we move on some 20 years... September 27th 1939 and the Soviet Invasion of Poland.

Scenario Download: HERE

ALL optional rules ON.

The scenario begins with the Polish ambush of the Soviet tank column, but regardless of their initial success they will be hard pressed to liberate Szack against a determined Soviet defence.

Good luck commanders! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-10-2014, 07:24 AM,
Game between Otto von Blotto (Russian) and Juan Manuel (Polish) finished with Polish Major Victory

Regards
10-26-2014, 11:32 AM,
Polish Major Victory
10-26-2014, 11:09 PM,
(10-10-2014, 07:24 AM)Juan Manuel Wrote: Game between Otto von Blotto (Russian) and Juan Manuel (Polish) finished with Polish Major Victory

It seems the Soviets are having a tough time in Repel the bolshevik. Two Polish major wins.

(10-26-2014, 11:32 AM)Ed Wrote: Polish Major Victory

Whereas my Poles took a Major Loss on this one. 1-1 with Szack so far!

Ed, Tiger88, dawags , Juan Manuel and myself ready to proceed to next round. Otto von Blotto, you wanna proceed as well?

Tiger88 and me have not played Repel the Bolshevik so perhaps we visit that one.

Meanwhile, I will try to get one more recruit so we can get new pairings for the next round! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-27-2014, 12:44 AM,
(10-26-2014, 11:09 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Ed, Tiger88, dawags , Juan Manuel and myself ready to proceed to next round. Otto von Blotto, you wanna proceed as well?

Hi Petri, Yes I'm ready and able, lead on.
10-27-2014, 12:59 AM,
Yes, Ready!!
10-27-2014, 01:56 AM,
(10-26-2014, 11:09 PM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 07:24 AM)Juan Manuel Wrote: Game between Otto von Blotto (Russian) and Juan Manuel (Polish) finished with Polish Major Victory

It seems the Soviets are having a tough time in Repel the bolshevik. Two Polish major wins.

(10-26-2014, 11:32 AM)Ed Wrote: Polish Major Victory

Whereas my Poles took a Major Loss on this one. 1-1 with Szack so far!

Ed, Tiger88, dawags , Juan Manuel and myself ready to proceed to next round. Otto von Blotto, you wanna proceed as well?

Tiger88 and me have not played Repel the Bolshevik so perhaps we visit that one.

Meanwhile, I will try to get one more recruit so we can get new pairings for the next round! Helmet Smile

In our game noticed we were not playing with EA on. I think the game would have played considerably different so hard to tell. I will say my forces were pretty light to hold off the polish hords.
10-28-2014, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 04:31 AM by Crossroads.)
(10-27-2014, 01:56 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote: In our game noticed we were not playing with EA on. I think the game would have played considerably different so hard to tell. I will say my forces were pretty light to hold off the polish hords.

I think EA on or off is more about playing style as many players I think prefer to play mostly with either of the options in place. So what you know is what you're good at. I know this is a bit of a picky subject but just trying to analyse this scenario and its particular settings.

These are morale 6 units, and at the end of the day EA is quite pretty easy with low-morale stacks. We played with EA on, lots of assaults taking place, many of them resulting in a surround-capture type of results.

I managed to lose with my Poles, I was one of the playtesters for this scenario and not once did I manage to witness such a complete Soviet victory. Not many troopers left standing at the end, got my head served on a platter alright Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com