• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forgotten Battles Tournament - ENDED
07-24-2016, 10:05 PM,
RE: Forgotten Battles Tournament
So after 4 months of inactivity, is it safe to say this tournament is now over. ?
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2016, 10:56 PM,
Geez, I hope not!

Still playing Svir Power Station with Ed.

To damn hard of a fight to give it up now. Gun Fire

Working my butt off to get a draw and Ed is not making it easy at all!!

Dig

ItB Cigar5
07-24-2016, 11:59 PM,
Hello OvB, ItB; it seems it is four of you and me remaining in the tournament. I am happy to facilitate this going forward, although it would be of course nice if there'd be more participants... It is over when it is over, I guess.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-25-2016, 02:11 AM,
fair enough, I hadn’t realised there were still games ongoing.

IVB, I hear ya, I found it a tough old slog almost stalemate in the mid game.
07-25-2016, 04:25 AM,
If you need another player I will be glad to jump in. Just came back to the CS games because of the great WW1 mod and will probably not be a big challenge for you players but will do my best.

Want to let you know that I will be out of town for a two weeks vacation from July 30th to August 13th without possibility to play though.

Let me know if you want me to take part in the tournament.

Tom
07-25-2016, 07:04 AM,
Certainly Tom, more's the merrier! Juan Manuel, are you still around?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-04-2016, 08:22 AM,
Russian minor victory.
08-05-2016, 07:39 PM,
Hi Battle Kat,
How about a tournament recap so everyone still in this tournament is on the same page with # games played, standings etc. Write

Finally I am ready for my next a assignment.

Thanks

Ivan the Big Cigar5
08-08-2016, 09:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 09:47 PM by Crossroads.)
(08-05-2016, 07:39 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: How about a tournament recap so everyone still in this tournament is on the same page with # games played, standings etc. Write

Here goes! Let me know if I've missed something, or there's a wrong result somewhere there...

[Image: forgottenbattles_round6.png]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-08-2016, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 09:52 PM by Crossroads.)
So we're ready for Round 8 next!

A quick show of hands, before entering the frozen steppes of 1943...
  • AlphaZwo
  • Battle Kat
  • Ed
  • Ivan the Big
  • Juan Manuel
  • Otto von Blotto

Anyone else?

I wil assign the next pairings next weekend. The scenario to be played is a quick, violent look into frozen steppes of 1943: Far From Home.

SCENARIO AVAILABLE HERE

19 January, 1943 

[Ekaterinovka, Rostov Oblast, 165 km Southeast from Rostov-on-Don] [H2H] [HIS] [CSL]
Having bled white in the heavy fighting over Caucasus during Fall Blau, SS-Panzer-Grenadier Division "Wiking" was finally pulled back from fighting and reinforced, with the Finnish Volunteer Battalion of SS-Nordland also receiving a new patch of volunteers. "Wiking" was then transferred to Ukraine, with an aim to participate in the relief effort towards the encircled 6th Army at Stalingrad. 

As the division arrived to Ukraine late in December 1942, it was instead immediately involved in the heavy rearguard fighting of the retreating 4th Panzer Army. There was often no cohesive front, as the extreme cold forced the combatants into villages of the steppe. Over the coming days the division fell back through Zimovniki and Kuberle to Proletarskaya, where it held open the bridge over the Manych for the retreating Germans on their way to Rostov-on-Don via Salsk.

On 19 January 1943, RKKA infantry and artillery was spotted at the village of Ekaterinovka, threatening the vital Proletarskaya - Salks road connection. Supported by tanks and assault guns, the III (finn.)/Nordland proceeded to swiftly secure the village. As the fight over the village was still in full, they were warned of a strong RKKA formation moving over the open steppe towards Ekaterinovka. As the situation deteriorated, the pinned battalion found out it was the only German force available to stop the determined Soviet 99th Bde from trapping the German elements in the area.
Visit us at CSLegion.com