• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brought to you by the letter....
09-07-2014, 02:50 AM,
RE: Brought to you by the letter....
Hello Dennis. I would recommend you to download and install the latest version of AutoHotkey. At the moment it is v1.1.15.

You can find it here: http://ahkscript.org/download/

This latest AH version is upgraded and compatible with Win 8.1: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/11...key-v1115/

I would also recommend you to use 76mm’s scripts. As he explained, my approach was completely different and, in whole fairness, not very good i.e. my method with X and Y coordinates comes with some shortcomings that 76mm successfully avoided. I am also using his approach/scripts myself and got used to "user experience" so much I can’t play PzC without it.

Regards
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2014, 07:06 AM,
Hey vsadek! It sounds like Denis tried the latest version of AHK, and my scripts didn't work for him for some reason, but your old version works. Not clear why this would be the case, but the main thing is that he's got something that works for him, even if it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles added later.
09-07-2014, 09:53 AM,
What is the difference from http://ahkscript.org/download/ to http://www.autohotkey.com/ ???
Seems the former is more up-to-date while the other is from 2009 according to the changelog.
09-07-2014, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 12:39 PM by 76mm.)
Interesting, I've never seen the ahkscript.org site, and have only downloaded from autokey.com. You're right, the ahksript.org files seem more up-to-date (appear to have higher version number).

After a little research, it looks like there was kind of a split in the community; here is a soap-opera type thread: http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.ph...66&start=0

It appears from the thread above that the autohotkey.com site is more dedicated to gaming use, the org site to non-gaming use (what else is it used for??).
09-07-2014, 02:55 PM,
(09-07-2014, 12:38 PM)76mm Wrote: Interesting, I've never seen the ahkscript.org site, and have only downloaded from autokey.com. You're right, the ahksript.org files seem more up-to-date (appear to have higher version number).

After a little research, it looks like there was kind of a split in the community; here is a soap-opera type thread: http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.ph...66&start=0

It appears from the thread above that the autohotkey.com site is more dedicated to gaming use, the org site to non-gaming use (what else is it used for??).

Hello... thanks for all the assistance...

Yes, I have dl'd anything related to AutoHotKeys, as far as I can figure out... as I said the 'Red Star' works... just click on it... it loads... puts an icon on your toolbar to let you know its there... works in the PzC games just fine. So, unless I have some weird configuration of W8.1, or more likely my doing something wrong, I just can't get anything else... 4, 5 or 5xx to run. Is there a different loading / startup procedure related to them as compared to Red Star?
is it more than just select / click to run?

Since, the probability of 3 out of 3 not working, is low... I'm not doing something right.
If any of you would like to do a pm here... let me know... since going through this step by step could take awhile....

Thanks...

DennisJester
09-08-2014, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 02:57 PM by 76mm.)
Denis, one question: there are a couple of ways of running ahk files--via a compiled version (ie, clicking on an exe file) and running the AHK program which you downloaded and then running a script.

Red Star was a compiled version (ie, an exe file). When you tried to run the other versions, were they also exe files? If so, I suspect that the versions of AHK compiled into these versions are not compatible with Win* (although I have no idea why Red Star works...).

If you have already downloaded the latest version of AHK, as it sounds like you have, let me know and I can e-mail you the latest version of my ahk file, along with the corresponding blankbox legend, and you can see if that works.
09-08-2014, 08:11 PM,
@76mm

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Compiled scripts (.EXE) can run independently from AH engine i.e. AH installation is not required to run them. I tested it on machine without AH installed and it runs normally.

@dkg196

Dennis, check in your Control Panel --> Programs and Features does AH actually appears on the list of installations.

[Image: ah_ctrlpanel_progfeat.png]

Also, check by right clicking on any script file (.AHK) do you have this 3 options appearing on contextual menu after right click.

[Image: ah_contextmenu.png]

Unfortunately, I don’t have any machine in hand with Win 8.0 or Win 8.1 installed and this screenshots are from Win 7, they can somehow slightly differ from your screens.

Regards
Send this user an email
09-08-2014, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 11:04 PM by dgk196.)
(09-08-2014, 08:11 PM)vsadek Wrote: @76mm

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Compiled scripts (.EXE) can run independently from AH engine i.e. AH installation is not required to run them. I tested it on machine without AH installed and it runs normally.

@dkg196

Dennis, check in your Control Panel --> Programs and Features does AH actually appears on the list of installations.

[Image: ah_ctrlpanel_progfeat.png]

Also, check by right clicking on any script file (.AHK) do you have this 3 options appearing on contextual menu after right click.

[Image: ah_contextmenu.png]

Unfortunately, I don’t have any machine in hand with Win 8.0 or Win 8.1 installed and this screenshots are from Win 7, they can somehow slightly differ from your screens.

Regards

Hello... I've checked the version of AHK.. its the same one you mentioned. The 'files' that I'm trying to run all have the... '.exe' extension, so they are 'compiled' as far as I know. I re-downloaded all of the PzC hotkey files... extracted them, so they are all 'new'. I click to execute the file (run it) and I still get the same error message. "This app can't run on your PC". I thank all of you for sticking with me on this... I am at a loss as to what it wrong.. but, I'm running W8.1 and it won't be the first time that something runs on someone else's system but not mine. Seems W8.1 has a nasty habit of 'customizing' itself for each system and uniformity be damned! There really shouldn't be anything that needs to be done to these files as far as I can tell. If they are compiled (.exe) then they should run. 'Red Star' does, but I am at a loss as to why the 'others' do not.

There has got to be something very basic that I am overlooking... eh? 76mm, sure I'll try most anything at this point to get them to work, thanks for the kind offer.

DennisJester
09-09-2014, 12:03 AM,
@dkg196

I am running out of ideas, but as you said, maybe we are overlooking some basic thing. OK, let’s check the OS version installed i.e. is it 32-bit or maybe 64-bit?

Right click on Computer and from contextual menu choose Properties

[Image: ah_checkversion.png]

The next screen will list information about your PC. In System section check the System (OS) type.

[Image: ah_OStype.png]

Again, this screens are from my machine with Win 7 installation and my differ from your screens.

Regards
Send this user an email
09-09-2014, 01:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 01:33 AM by 76mm.)
(09-08-2014, 11:02 PM)dgk196 Wrote: The 'files' that I'm trying to run all have the... '.exe' extension, so they are 'compiled' as far as I know. I re-downloaded all of the PzC hotkey files... extracted them, so they are all 'new'. I click to execute the file (run it) and I still get the same error message.

What I'm saying is, don't run the exe files you're downloaded from this forum, but download and install the latest version of AutoHotKey from the AutoHotKey site, and then run an ahk file.

The exe files downloaded from this forum are "compiled" versions of AutoHotKey, which means that they run with the version of AutoHotKey which was "baked in" when they were compiled. Because those files run a different, older, version of AHK, it may not be compatible with Win8.

Instead, you should download and install the latest version of the AutoHotKey program downloaded from the AutoHotKey website, and then run my AHK script, which you can download here:
76mm PzC AutoHotKey Script v6

If you have autohotkey installed, you will be able to start the program by double-clicking the ahk file above.

If it works, here is a corresponding legend you can put in your PzC blankbox:
[Image: BlankboxV-hotkey%20v6.bmp]