• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brought to you by the letter....
08-31-2014, 09:55 PM,
Brought to you by the letter....
Hello....

I have to say, that when my buddies get together (when the girls allow us) for a gaming session PzC or JCTS are the games of choice. That said, if you don't ask for something you won't get it! It may be old ground for some, but here goes...

We think that a 'hot key' for resolving 'assaults' is needed.... we nominate the letter 'R'. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, and the program works without it. But, when you are playing some of the 'big' games (Kursk) the number of times you have to demonstrate your hand-eye coordination to move the cursor and click appropriately can get to be a little annoying.

Good Gaming

Dennis Jester
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 02:11 AM,
RE: Brought to you by the letter....
You can use a program like Auto Hotkey to create your own hotkeys, although I'm not entirely sure how it would work for functions hidden in a menu.

You can select a place on the screen that is "clicked" when you press a certain key, so if you discover the x and y coordinates of the resolve assaults button, you can create a keyboard hotkey.

I mostly use auto hotkey for the click and drag movement, as at the press of a key, the mouse button is held down until I manually release it by pressing another button. It's not only far more reliable (no more dropping units where you don't want them because your mousehand slipped or you released the button too early) but it also helps a lot with cutting down strain on your hand/wrist.

The interface is, I would almost say "traditionally", one of the main areas that a large number of people don't like about Tiller games, making them reluctant to purchase them, and I agree that the number of clicks can be rather cumbersome for big scenarios, but being able to create your own hotkeys helps a lot.
09-01-2014, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 03:59 PM by dgk196.)
Hello.....

Thanks for the tip, comradeP. Got me to thinking about it and so I started looking around. The one you mentioned is a little beyond my programming skills of 'hitting the power button'. But I did find this... its a little older... but looks like its more game oriented and you just need to select functions you want and supply the relevant information for the game you are playing.

I'll try it out and see how it works... once done it says that others can use the object you've created and don't even need to have the original program to use it! So, anyway, I hope this gets going and the members here can use it and share what they come up with. If it works!

Its not a big program, but its interesting, or looks to be useful.

http://download.cnet.com/G-Hotkey/3000-2...84599.html

Dennis Jester

Forgot to mention.. its free!
09-02-2014, 02:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM by 76mm.)
I have used AutoHotKey with PzC for a couple of years; in fact at this point I can't really imagine playing PzC without it. It is actually very easy to use, although there are a couple of quirks; there is a thread on this topic:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...autohotkey

You should be able to download the scripts I used from that thread; if it doesn't work let me know and I will send it to you. I use Ctrl-A for Assault. Here is my blankbox file listing all the hotkeys I use (standard ones on top, AutoHotKey ones on the bottom):
[Image: BlankboxV-hotkey%20v4.bmp]

The most-used are Ctrl-A (assault) and Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Y (move to bottom/top of stack).
09-02-2014, 08:55 PM,
I knew you had configured hotkeys 76mm, but I had forgotten that the list was so extensive. Seemingly, I recall you having more difficulties with configuring the hotkeys than you actually had in the end.
09-03-2014, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 01:52 AM by 76mm.)
(09-02-2014, 08:55 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I knew you had configured hotkeys 76mm, but I had forgotten that the list was so extensive. Seemingly, I recall you having more difficulties with configuring the hotkeys than you actually had in the end.

The only real problem I had is that sometimes the script would stop working, and it took me a while to figure out that turning place names on/off in PzC was also turning off the script, but now that I've figured it out it is a complete non-issue.
09-03-2014, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 01:28 PM by dgk196.)
(09-02-2014, 02:05 PM)76mm Wrote: I have used AutoHotKey with PzC for a couple of years; in fact at this point I can't really imagine playing PzC without it. It is actually very easy to use, although there are a couple of quirks; there is a thread on this topic:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...autohotkey

You should be able to download the scripts I used from that thread; if it doesn't work let me know and I will send it to you. I use Ctrl-A for Assault. Here is my blankbox file listing all the hotkeys I use (standard ones on top, AutoHotKey ones on the bottom):
[Image: BlankboxV-hotkey%20v4.bmp]

The most-used are Ctrl-A (assault) and Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Y (move to bottom/top of stack).

Hello, and thank you very much... these hot-key additions will really help resolve one of the issues related to this game series. Very good of you to share your work.

Dennis Jester

Sorry, I may have spoken too soon. I've dl'ed all versions. But, none of them will install. Windows 8.1. I've done the 'troubleshoot' and such, still no go.
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM,
hmm, I've got Win7 so can't help much, but I did find this thread about Win8 and AutoHotKey:
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/91...8-support/

It seems to work for at least some people.
09-03-2014, 03:18 PM,
It works on my Win 8.1.
09-03-2014, 04:22 PM,
(09-03-2014, 03:18 PM)ComradeP Wrote: It works on my Win 8.1.

Hello... I was wondering, could you post your file here for dl?

Thanks

DennisJester