• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brought to you by the letter....
09-03-2014, 04:47 PM,
RE: Brought to you by the letter....
I meant that 76mm's version 5 file worked for me.
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 04:49 PM,
(09-03-2014, 04:22 PM)dgk196 Wrote: Hello... I was wondering, could you post your file here for dl?

It's not clear who you're asking to post what? Some of the scripts I prepared are in posts #56 and #60 of the main AutoHotKeys thread referenced above.
09-03-2014, 07:57 PM,
ComradeP,

I wanted to mention two things:

1) I forgot to mention previously that AutoHotKey works fine for items hidden in menus, you can actually activate all of them with key commands and thus use hotkeys.

2) I guess you have v5 of my script, but the blankbox legend that I posted is actually for v6; one difference between v5 and v6 is that I added Ctrl-q as a hotkey for saving the game. There might have been one other change, but I don't remember. Let me know and I'll send you v6.
09-03-2014, 10:39 PM,
(09-03-2014, 04:49 PM)76mm Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 04:22 PM)dgk196 Wrote: Hello... I was wondering, could you post your file here for dl?

It's not clear who you're asking to post what? Some of the scripts I prepared are in posts #56 and #60 of the main AutoHotKeys thread referenced above.

Hello...

Sorry about that. You mentioned that 'yours' was for W7 and I though ComradeP meant that he had a W8.1 version that he was using. So, I'll redownload and give it another try. Thanks for your responses.

DennisJester
09-04-2014, 03:39 AM,
I have Win 8.1 and 76mm's v6 script works great for me with the PzC games. But I have not yet been able to get it to work for the HPS Modern Campaign games.
09-05-2014, 02:12 AM,
(09-03-2014, 10:39 PM)dgk196 Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 04:49 PM)76mm Wrote:

Hello...

Sorry about that. You mentioned that 'yours' was for W7 and I though ComradeP meant that he had a W8.1 version that he was using. So, I'll redownload and give it another try. Thanks for your responses.

DennisJester

Hello...

Just to get back to you guys.. thanks for all the help. I've re-downloaded all versions ( Red Star, V4, V5 and V5xx). All extracted with no problems. The only version that would run for me was Red Star. V4, V5 and V5xx steadfastly refuse to run. I've opened each individually and looked in the 'properties' / 'compatability' and set each MSOS option to try to get them to 'run', no luck. I've done this in 'administrator', so authorization shouldn't be an issue.

I must say, the Red Star works great and it sure is nice to have additional shortcuts. I really does transform the game. There are still many issues (for me anyway) related to the game that need addressing, but these don't have anything to do with hotkeys, so I'll post those elsewhere. Thanks to all that put in the work on these. Once I 'stumble' onto what it is I'm doing wrong, I'll post what I can, might help someone else.

DennisJester
09-05-2014, 04:29 AM,
heh, sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about--Red Star? Code name for what?? Anyway, glad at least something is working for you, I agree that it transforms the game.
09-05-2014, 05:31 AM,
(09-05-2014, 04:29 AM)76mm Wrote: heh, sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about--Red Star? Code name for what?? Anyway, glad at least something is working for you, I agree that it transforms the game.

Hello....

Its in this thread.. about the 12th post or so... https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...157&page=2

It's working fine.... and as I said, it has fewer hotkeys than later sets, but, I'm just glad for any hotkeys.

Thanks

DennisJester
09-05-2014, 12:48 PM,
Dennis,

Thanks, that's interesting--that file from Vsadek uses a totally different approach--rather than using key presses to activate menu items it relies on mouse positions, so it is interesting that that works for you but the other versions don't.

If you want to work with the later versions (or create your own), you might want to open PzC under Win8 and see which key presses it takes to open the menus; under Win7 you access the menus by pressing Alt-first key of menu item, and then the first letter of the appropriate menu item below.

If that is different for some reason under Win8 (I doubt it, but...), then it would be easy to fix the AHK script by changing to the appropriate keys. It is is still the same, it seems a little odd that the existing scripts don't work, but that's already beyond me.
09-05-2014, 01:33 PM,
(09-05-2014, 12:48 PM)76mm Wrote: Dennis,

Thanks, that's interesting--that file from Vsadek uses a totally different approach--rather than using key presses to activate menu items it relies on mouse positions, so it is interesting that that works for you but the other versions don't.

If you want to work with the later versions (or create your own), you might want to open PzC under Win8 and see which key presses it takes to open the menus; under Win7 you access the menus by pressing Alt-first key of menu item, and then the first letter of the appropriate menu item below.

If that is different for some reason under Win8 (I doubt it, but...), then it would be easy to fix the AHK script by changing to the appropriate keys. It is is still the same, it seems a little odd that the existing scripts don't work, but that's already beyond me.

Hello....

Thanks for your help on this matter. But, as I said, I can't get 4, 5 or 5xx to even run. As soon as I select the version I get an error message 'this app can't run on your PC'. So, since I can't open / run them I can't tell you what key presses may or may not work. Sorry I couldn't give you some feedback as to what keys might work, just one of those things I guess.

DennisJester