• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brought to you by the letter....
09-09-2014, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 04:30 AM by dgk196.)
RE: Brought to you by the letter....
(09-09-2014, 12:03 AM)vsadek Wrote: @dkg196

I am running out of ideas, but as you said, maybe we are overlooking some basic thing. OK, let’s check the OS version installed i.e. is it 32-bit or maybe 64-bit?

Right click on Computer and from contextual menu choose Properties

[Image: ah_checkversion.png]

The next screen will list information about your PC. In System section check the System (OS) type.

[Image: ah_OStype.png]

Again, this screens are from my machine with Win 7 installation and my differ from your screens.

Regards

Hello...

Its Windows 8.1, 32-bit operating system.

76mm... dl'd your file... I've tried run/open it in every option that AHK would give me, no go.

Also, and I don't know why, when I install AHK the Red Star hotkeys don't work!?!

Dennis Jester
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 08:46 PM,
Hello Dennis. There must be something with your Win setup since AH scripts are working for comrade ComradeP and he is on Win 8.1, so why not for comrade Dennis?

Let’s check are you a local administrator on the machine i.e. is it account you are using assigned to Administrators.

Go to Control Panel --> User Accounts and then into Manage User Accounts

[Image: ah_accounts.png]

The following window will list existing user accounts on your machine and their assignments i.e. you will see your account and the group it is assigned to. Being into Administrator group implies that related account can install, uninstall, execute applications and do other tasks with no restrictions.

[Image: ah_admin.png]

For home users there is usually only one user account created unless you have multiple users on the same machine and you prefer some control and restrictions on who can do what. In business/corporate environments the story is different but not relevant for us.

Again, this screens are from my machine with Win 7 installation and my differ from your 8.1 screens.

Regards
Send this user an email
09-09-2014, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 08:27 AM by dgk196.)
(09-09-2014, 08:46 PM)vsadek Wrote: Hello Dennis. There must be something with your Win setup since AH scripts are working for comrade ComradeP and he is on Win 8.1, so why not for comrade Dennis?

Let’s check are you a local administrator on the machine i.e. is it account you are using assigned to Administrators.

Go to Control Panel --> User Accounts and then into Manage User Accounts

[Image: ah_accounts.png]

The following window will list existing user accounts on your machine and their assignments i.e. you will see your account and the group it is assigned to. Being into Administrator group implies that related account can install, uninstall, execute applications and do other tasks with no restrictions.

[Image: ah_admin.png]

For home users there is usually only one user account created unless you have multiple users on the same machine and you prefer some control and restrictions on who can do what. In business/corporate environments the story is different but not relevant for us.

Again, this screens are from my machine with Win 7 installation and my differ from your 8.1 screens.

Regards

Hello....

Thanks for sticking with me on this... it must be a pain to have to go through this step by step, your help is very much appreciated. Its best this way though, because obviously, there is something that either I am not doing or doing that's messing things up. So this is the best way to solve the situation. I am 'the administrator' as I am the only 'user' of this system. To all the others that have helped, thanks.

Dennis Jester

Update... well, apparently because of my version of Windows and my sets of drivers(?) and such, these won't work with my system. Thanks for your help.

Dennis Jester
09-10-2014, 08:42 PM,
Don’t worry Dennis; I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. Helmet Wink

Let’s check are your AH script files correctly associated i.e. are they correctly recognized by AH scripting engine and as a result could they actually be executed.

As a rule of thumb, all computer files are subject to certain naming conventions i.e. they have the file name and file extension as naming convention. File extensions are important not only for determining the files by type but also for correct associations with computer applications for file execution. Therefore files should be associated with application for correct execution.

In the following screen you can see some files on my machine. Extension part is on the right side from the dot. Left from dot is file name. Those of interest for us are the ones with .AHK extension because these are the script files. Note also the specific file icon for .AHK files that visually distinguishes them from other file types.

[Image: ah_ahkext.png]

Right-click one of your .AHK files and select Properties. On General tab compare my screenshot with your file properties especially Type of file and Opens with sections.

[Image: ah_ahkprp.png]

Regards
Send this user an email
09-11-2014, 01:03 AM,
Hello...

Your '7' has the ability to 'open' files using a selection of your choosing. '8.1' does not have such an option from the 'properties' screen. The only 'compatibility' option is to associate it with 'earlier' versions of Windows...

I've gone through every 'compatibility' option and none work, that is runs the programs. And since I cannot 'open / run' the Hotkeys files related to PzC I don't see any of the associated files for the programs...

In short until I can get it to 'open / run' I can't see what its trying to do... as I said, I am not familiar with AutoHotKeys... and as I have never seen any of the 'programs' made using it, 'open / run' I have no 'knowledge' of what a 'normal' operation using it looks like.

I wish I could make a specific reply as to some other 'problem' or feature related to these... but when they don't run... that's all the feedback I can give...

I am sure its something I'm doing wrong... but as I said... since I've never seen it run... I can't tell you what it is or give you any useful feedback... I wish I where more familiar with it... but... well... that's where I am on this... I certainly will make any effort to comply with your procedures and fixes... but I'm at a total loss on this...

Sorry...

Dennis Jester