• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS East Prussia '14 Released
08-20-2014, 02:28 PM,
RE: JTS East Prussia '14 Released
This game looks quite interesting, but I've got too much on my plate at this point; maybe I'll pick it up in a few months. This would be my first WWI game...

I already picked up the kindle book for $1.99, thanks for the heads up on that!
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 07:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 07:55 PM by Xaver.)
Good point with the book but i am now overflowed in reading area and a book in english... i need extra forces to read them and i have some waiting.

Thanks for the reply Volcanoman, you need rest a lot, we want you fresh for next title using dark brown counters... ummm i see armies from the "boot" in green (or yellow??? maybe green is for "vulgar" armies??? or the bigger Sam´s boys armies???) but a dark brown... i see 2 nations that can use this colour both are closer but in diferent sides in the battlefield, religion and with water in middle Helmet Wink

Art.... ummm i have a question here, i move the F14 german art to EP14 but i find a problem with the background colour in the circle where you see if unit is spoted or not... F14 use a pink background but in EP14 is used a light green, i try repaint the pink background with light green but i cant solve the problem and you cant see the spoted icon (no problem with unit name box)... is a problem in all unit art using as background colour pink (i do some experiments with OOB moving F14 armies to EP14 and viceversa, maybe if i find time and forces increase Tannenberg scen with some naval landings and help from the dual empire... and they have same problem with spoted icon) and i want know if is any way to solve this, maybe the light green i use to repaint is not 100% the one used in EP14.

I like Jison art to, i remember old times playing with initial PzC art (that soviet soldiers looking like crazy cossacks Helmet Rolleyes) but your aproximation is more "rude" remember we the diference between Leescott art for Nap and a later version from... sorry i dont remember name.

Anyway great job with title, rest all you need WWI is a carnage and cut pieces even best soldiers Helmet Smile
08-20-2014, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 11:17 PM by ComradeP.)
Had to buy the Kindle book for 10 dollars instead due to not living in the US, but it's certainly a good book. I'm currently reading "The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914" and have recently read Von Hindenburg's "Great War" (which was a surprisingly honest book for the parts that covered the first years of the war).

The Grand Campaign mode sounds interesting, but I wonder how many people will complete a full campaign. Even with 2 teams, one for each front, it might still take 5-6 years to complete if not more. Still, it's a nice addition.

A somewhat dynamic campaign based on linked scenarios might also be interesting, but I guess the people interested in that might prefer playing the campaign in a title like this, where turns presumably won't take too long to play given the limited number of units involved.

Come to think of it, this might be the most fluid title in the PzC/FWWC series. The other campaigns are likely to end with battles around prepared positions even if they might start in a fluid manner.
08-21-2014, 03:50 AM,
(08-20-2014, 11:14 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Had to buy the Kindle book for 10 dollars instead due to not living in the US, but it's certainly a good book.
Strange, I also live outside the US but was able to buy it for $1.99...

(08-20-2014, 11:14 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Come to think of it, this might be the most fluid title in the PzC/FWWC series. The other campaigns are likely to end with battles around prepared positions even if they might start in a fluid manner.
This looks pretty fluid, but I'm not sure I'd call it the most fluid--I think Smolensk is very fluid as well, playing the Smolensk campaign right now...
08-21-2014, 02:50 PM,
I had the same problems with Amazon.
Living in Austria I had my Kindle connected to the .DE store of Amazon ==> no access to the free/cheap books sometimes available.

As I never buy German books from Amazon, I connected my kindle to the .COM store and now nearly all of such book sales are available for me.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-21-2014, 03:43 PM,
Quote:Strange, I also live outside the US but was able to buy it for $1.99...

It varies from country to country, I'm not entirely sure what determines their pricing. I can't buy amazon.co.uk deals and only some of the amazon.com deals. Haven't checked amazon.de yet.

Quote:This looks pretty fluid, but I'm not sure I'd call it the most fluid--I think Smolensk is very fluid as well, playing the Smolensk campaign right now...

Wouldn't there be situations in Smolensk where you're fighting an entrenched defender, like around Smolensk itself, or situations where the front stabilizes, like when the Soviets counterattack? I haven't played the HPS game, but it tends to go like that in other Smolensk scenarios: first, you're rampaging through the Soviet lines. After that, the Soviets dig in around Smolensk and their reinforcements show up, which slow the advance to a crawl if the scenario is done well.
08-21-2014, 04:57 PM,
(08-21-2014, 03:43 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Wouldn't there be situations in Smolensk where you're fighting an entrenched defender, like around Smolensk itself, or situations where the front stabilizes, like when the Soviets counterattack? I haven't played the HPS game, but it tends to go like that in other Smolensk scenarios: first, you're rampaging through the Soviet lines. After that, the Soviets dig in around Smolensk and their reinforcements show up, which slow the advance to a crawl if the scenario is done well.

Sure, there are a few entrenched localities, but the overall situation is very fluid, with both sides receiving reinforcements and both sides attacking and defending. While the Soviets often have time to dig in along a riverline before the Germans arrive, usually they don't have enough units/strength to hold anything against a determined attack...if the Sovs want to reinforce a particular area to hold it, it generally means that they will be leaving an open flank somewhere else.

I have to say that the campaign (playing head-to-head vs myself) has unfolded completely differently from the historical campaign. Also, I'm playing the "Drive on Smolensk" campaign rather than the stock campaign. I would think that a two-player game would be even more fluid, because it would be very difficult for either player to have much of an idea what the other side is doing.
08-21-2014, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 10:25 PM by Mappo.)
Hi all, I have seen that France '14 is updated on Tiller's site. Unfortunatly I have read a note which says that this update is only for Tiller's version of France '14. So everybody who bought a copy of France '14 from HPS site can't update it?

EDIT: I haven't seen that there was another discussion about the F'14 update, sorry for this
08-22-2014, 05:25 AM,
(08-21-2014, 09:53 PM)Mappo Wrote: Hi all, I have seen that France '14 is updated on Tiller's site. Unfortunatly I have read a note which says that this update is only for Tiller's version of France '14. So everybody who bought a copy of France '14 from HPS site can't update it?

EDIT: I haven't seen that there was another discussion about the F'14 update, sorry for this

The discussion is here actually:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=66867

HPS version of the update *should* be available tomorrow.
Send this user an email
08-22-2014, 10:45 AM,
I purchased the game & am beginning to tuck into it. It looks great -- nicely done. BTW the Buttar kindle book is well worth the $1.99 price.

I notice there is a time gap in the scenarios: nothing on the October Battle of Warsaw (Mackensen's drive to the Vistula and the left hook at Warsaw. Why is that?

mero