• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS East Prussia '14 Released
08-19-2014, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 02:15 AM by Compass Rose.)
a_Arrow  JTS East Prussia '14 Released
[Image: EastPrussia14_cover.jpg]

East Prussia '14 - First World War Campaigns

Overview

In the middle of August 1914, the world's attention was focused directly on the Western Front where German armies were sweeping into Belgium and France. On the Eastern Front however, the Russians were on the offensive into East Prussia, an important agricultural region of the Prussian homeland, and the gateway to Berlin. The Russians planned a two pronged invasion into East Prussia: one army approaching from the Niemen River to the east and one army approaching from the Narew River to the south, both aimed at outflanking German forces located therein, and the eventual capture of the strategic city of Königsberg. In their way stood a single German army, two resolute commanders, and a well developed rail network. By the time the campaign was over both Russian armies would be almost completely destroyed and thrown out of East Prussia and the campaign itself would go on to become one of the most studied and celebrated victories in warfare.

Scenarios

20 stand alone scenarios, 4 campaigns to choose from, as well as 3 "Grand Campaign" scenarios designed to play with France '14. Battles include:
•Stallupönen
•Gumbinnen
•Lahna-Orlau
•Bischofsburg
•Gross Gardienen
•Tannenberg
•Usdau
•Hohenstein
•Lyck
•1st Masurian Lakes
•Wloclawek
•Chelmno-Dombie
•Kutno
•Lodz (breakout)
•Lodz (withdrawal)
•2nd Masurian Lakes (1915)

Campaign scenarios consist of:
•The Russian invasion of East Prussia up to the end of the 1st Battle of the Masurian Lakes (206 turns)
•Two different hypothetical variants of the Russian invasion of East Prussia (206 turns each)
•The German invasion of Poland in their attempt to capture Lodz and thwart the Russian advance into Silesia (187 turns)
•A bonus small campaign/large battle scenario covering the German winter offensive of the 1915 2nd Battle of the Masurian Lakes, in which they intended to cut off and destroy the Russian 10th Army (118 turns)
•Three Grand Campaign scenarios designed to be played with newly released Grand Campaigns scenarios for France '14, which are intended to establish context and allow the player influence the outcome of the war across many different scenarios (118 to 206 turns)

Features

Game features include:
•Game scale is 1 hex = 1 km, 1 turn = 2 hours, with battalion and company size units.
•Scenario Editor allows players to customize the game and create new scenarios.
•Sub-map feature allows the main map to be "chopped" up into smaller segments for custom scenario creation.
•Multiple play options including play against the computer AI, Play by E-mail (PBEM), LAN & Internet "live" play, and two player hot seat.

Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB

[Image: ep14_ss1.png]
[Image: ep14_ss2.png]
[Image: ep14_ss3.png]
[Image: ep14_ss4.png]
[Image: ep14_ss5.png]
[Image: ep14_ss6.png]
[Image: ep14_ss7.png]
[Image: ep14_ss8.png]
[Image: ep14_ss9.png]

East Prussia '14 is available for sale at the John Tiller Software Store located here:

http://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/products/east-prussia-14
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 02:19 AM,
RE: JTS East Prussia '14 Released
Congrats to Ed and team - I know what a labour of love this has been for the guys!

Happy centenary....

David
08-19-2014, 03:00 AM,
Thanks, I hope everyone likes it.

Now if you excuse me, I haven't slept in about two weeks so I think I will go take a nap now. ;)
Send this user an email
08-19-2014, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 04:36 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
So happy we reached release day as this has been another labour of love for the test team but especially Ed who has produced another stunning title for us to enjoy, as an example of level of detail he has achieved the designer notes alone run to 160+ pages full of information and insight into the fighting on the eastern front in 1914/15.

As you will have read above this not just a Tannenberg title, it covers all the fighting in 1914 and also the early campaigns of 1915, I am at this moment participating in a team game of the Lodz campaign and having a blast, lots of snow and cavalry actions, no static trench lines to interfere with sweeping strategies on this front!! Smile

The perfect title to accompany France 14........
08-19-2014, 03:18 AM,
When do we get Galicia?Big Grin

It looks excellent

There is reference to a newly released grand F14 campaign is there a patch soon?

Mike
08-19-2014, 03:25 AM,
(08-19-2014, 03:18 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: There is reference to a newly released grand F14 campaign is there a patch soon?

Yes, we are just working out the details, but essentially F14 will get updated to the same standard as EP14 shortly. That includes the Grand Campaign scenarios, the new graphics update, and all the awesome new features added to the game engine during EP14 development. It will essentially be like a whole new experience. :)

As to when this update will be released though, perhaps today or tomorrow, barring any disaster of course.
Send this user an email
08-19-2014, 03:35 AM,
Great, i can now leave the minipool, stop drinking beer and mount on my horse to charge with a lance in left hand and a vodka bottle in right Big Grin2

Woa, looks like finally Tiller enter in XXI century, the use of Jison mods is a great add, maybe here the only "but" for me is the rusian colour... i allways see them more in a darker colour... i think i am going use the romanian counters from PzC curious because in 3D view the counters have darker brown.

Apart this is a great bonus the early 1915 scen.

Now we need continue moving WWI serie to the east... next station middle east (maybe with a stop in a golden bull´s thing hehehe).

PD: a little question the DISRUPTED info over an unit .... you change it no??? now looks more... more... red???
08-19-2014, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
To add some more flesh to the bones for you guys who like to know about engine changes, here are the new features that are included over and above the features added in the France 14 1.03 update that was discussed back in April https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=66134

1) Added Magnified 2D view with 2x sized graphics.
2) Change so that Interdiction attacks have twice the chance of Disruption and can cause the loss of up to half the movement allowance in movement points.
3) Added a range 1 hard target artillery fire modifier (see Users Manual under Firing).
4) Added Quality Fire Modifier Parameter Data Value which applies to quality A and B units.
5) Added new Fragile Morale feature which applies to Austro-Hungarians and Russians. Under this rule, Detached units have 2 subtracted from their morale when rallying instead of 1, and units which much retreat after an assault are automatically eliminated. However, this does not apply to A and B quality units.
6) When units are combined, the combined unit takes on the average of the fatigue of the individual units by strength.
7) Disrupted units have full movement allowance during day turns, 2/3 at night.
8) Disrupted units take 3x normal movement to move closer to spotted enemy unit.

So some more flesh on the important points that effect EP14.....

5) The Fragile Morale rule will obviously be a major factor for the Russian/ Austro-Hungarian player to consider, the 1.03 F14 update introduced the Optional Surrender rule as default meaning that any broken units that could not retreat were eliminated (surrendered), this takes things a step further for these two nations meaning that any units (C quality or worse) that cannot retreat after losing an assault are eliminated (surrendered) , as 95% of Russian units are C or D quality then the Russian player must do everything possible not to allow his forces become trapped and if they do so it will take the German player a fraction of the time and fatigue to mop them up than it would have done before this rule was introduced.

Testing showed that it was taking far to much time and effort to mop up trapped Russian forces in campaigns were the average Russian surrendered once command and control broke down and his position became hopeless.

6) This was a change that I pushed for, ever had a part of a unit with such high red fatigue that you could not recombine it with its parent units without raising the parent units fatigue to high red levels as well? With this feature the fatigue is averaged out across the entire unit, be aware that if the high fatigue unit you are combining is also disrupted, it will disrupt the whole parent unit also, so this is not a sneaky way of lowering your fatigue and recovering from disruption!

7) and 8) A major change, the F14 1.03 update gave broken units full movement points in order to allow them to withdraw to the rear and encouraged players to not "stand and die" to cover for slow moving broken units. This change goes one step further and gives disrupted units full movement points on day moves and 2/3 movement points on night moves, once again along with the change to broken units this should encourage players to withdraw when appropriate as the broken/disrupted elements of their forces can now retreat away at normal speeds.

Part 8) was added to prevent part 7) allowing disrupted units advancing at full movement speeds, in most cases you will only be able to move them one hex forward against spotted enemy units.
08-19-2014, 04:38 AM,
(08-19-2014, 03:00 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Thanks, I hope everyone likes it.

Now if you excuse me, I haven't slept in about two weeks so I think I will go take a nap now. ;)

I suggest you remove the tape holding up your eyelids before to attempt any zzzzzzzzzzzz Big Grin
08-19-2014, 04:47 AM,
Well, i do a small fast mod, rusian counters to green (rumanian) and AH to yellow (italian) using Jison PzC mod

[Image: UO0003.jpg]

I dont know if is possible have a more darker version of EP14 rusian brown... maybe with more time i can try it.

Galicia campaign... maybe Lemberg14??? but maybe i prefer something with turks and smaller scens (Meggido18 with what ifs using stronger CP using more troops and or expeditionary forces... germans, AH, french...).