• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS East Prussia '14 Released
08-19-2014, 04:57 AM,
RE: JTS East Prussia '14 Released
Ah cool even my ancestors hometown is on the map!

Some questions to the listed points:
1) Does this mean we get higher graphic quality in Magnified 2D view?
3) Wasn't that already in the game? "Artillery Hard Target Mod", or is something different meant?
4) Wasn't that already in the game? Quality A +20% Fire Value and Quality B +10% Fire Value, or is something different meant?
5) Is that now something that a unit or "side" has to be "flagged" with or is it now always so for C and lower quality units? I'm worried how this would look in F'14.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 06:26 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
I forgot to add info about the New Wireless Intercept feature that was added in the F14 1.03 update, obviously this feature was added with EP14 in mind, in practise the German player will see in the Command report at the start of each turn "Wireless Intercept at (140, 237)" for example, the German player will be able to see the relevant HQ in this hex although it will almost certainly be way beyond his LOS, here is a screenshot showing the "intercepted" HQ on the Jump Map, the normal map and showing the hex contents, note every unit that happens to be in the hex is shown not just the HQ, of course if the German player also has air recon he can check the surrounding area out for more detail.

Only corps level and above (i.e. corps, army, army group) HQ's can be revealed with this feature.

From the Jump map it is obvious how you can make a educated guess at how the Second Army is organised and its possible lines of advance from the location of its high level HQ's in the orange circles.

[Image: HQ.jpg]

(08-19-2014, 04:57 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Ah cool even my ancestors hometown is on the map!

Some questions to the listed points:
1) Does this mean we get higher graphic quality in Magnified 2D view?
3) Wasn't that already in the game? "Artillery Hard Target Mod", or is something different meant?
4) Wasn't that already in the game? Quality A +20% Fire Value and Quality B +10% Fire Value, or is something different meant?
5) Is that now something that a unit or "side" has to be "flagged" with or is it now always so for C and lower quality units? I'm worried how this would look in F'14.
Rather than give you vague information I will let Ed answer points 1) 3) and 4). Wink

As for point 5) As I understand it a nationality will now be flagged "Fragile Morale" and every unit of that nationality that is not A or B quality will be affected by this new feature, so this will have no effect on F14 as only the Russian and Austro-Hungarian nationalities have been flagged as having Fragile Morale.
08-19-2014, 07:13 AM,
It seems a bit odd to see the units stacked with an HQ

Mike
08-19-2014, 07:24 AM,
Looks like a lot of work was put into this game but the colors in the unit information block are almost impossible to read as there is not enough contrast between the unit names and the background color. IIRC France 14 had the same problem when it was released. I hope that this will be fixed soon as for me the game is almost unplayable as it stands now.
08-19-2014, 07:28 AM,
I guess like it is in F'14 with black background for the unit names might be the thing you are looking for.
Not sure if you simply have to replace a graphic file or if that is more complicated to achieve.
08-19-2014, 07:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 07:43 AM by Volcano Man.)
(08-19-2014, 07:24 AM)Bioman Wrote: Looks like a lot of work was put into this game but the colors in the unit information block are almost impossible to read as there is not enough contrast between the unit names and the background color. IIRC France 14 had the same problem when it was released. I hope that this will be fixed soon as for me the game is almost unplayable as it stands now.

Hmm, I really don't understand what you mean here. It has been adjusted to be darker actually, to make things easier to read (and to address your complaint), but to say that it is unplayable even after that? Not sure what to say there other than .PNG and .JPG images tend to make things worse than they really are.

But anyway, if you want the blank background, just copy over the old Unitname.bmp file from F14 or any Panzer Campaigns titles and that might work for you.
Send this user an email
08-19-2014, 07:41 AM,
(08-19-2014, 07:13 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: It seems a bit odd to see the units stacked with an HQ

Mike
That was a design decision taken after a lot of discussion, I will allow Ed to elaborate. Smile
08-19-2014, 07:41 AM,
(08-19-2014, 07:13 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: It seems a bit odd to see the units stacked with an HQ

Mike

Right, it was the lesser of two evils (which is all explained in the notes document). ;)
Send this user an email
08-19-2014, 07:56 AM,
Well, enough of this mumbo jumbo!! ;)..... Who wants to play a PBEM from EP '14 ??

Email me: fraser_weir(at)Outlook(dot)Com or message me and we can discuss sceanrio/Campaign and rules.

By the way, Ed and Co. Excellent job and thank you for your tireless work and effort!!
08-19-2014, 08:55 AM,
Thanks Guys- This is a real beauty Cheers2
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman