• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS East Prussia '14 Released
04-25-2015, 07:55 AM,
RE: JTS East Prussia '14 Released
An alternative to playing against the AI is to play it solitaire. Simply choose the hotseat mode and play both sides. You can even wait some time before playing the other side if you are worried that you don't want to remember where everything is. ;)

I play solitaire like this occasionally myself and I think it is fun, personally. But then again I sometimes play boardgames solitaire too...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2015, 10:03 AM,
Thanks Volcano Man. But is there anything else you can say about the AI in your game? Can it give you a good game at all, either in shorter scenarios or campaigns? Or do you recommend this game only be played against a human (including yourself)?

Cheers,

Peter
04-25-2015, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015, 11:00 AM by Al.)
(04-25-2015, 10:03 AM)phoenix Wrote: Thanks Volcano Man. But is there anything else you can say about the AI in your game? Can it give you a good game at all, either in shorter scenarios or campaigns? Or do you recommend this game only be played against a human (including yourself)?

Cheers,

Peter

I think the general consensus is that the AI does best in smaller scenarios with limited number of units. I think someone else mentioned that in the larger scenarios the AI loses its effectiveness with each passing turn in that it is limited in its ability to react to new or unexpected situations. But when you get down to it the best opponent is another human - unless you're playing against me. ROTFLMAO
04-25-2015, 12:03 PM,
(04-25-2015, 10:03 AM)phoenix Wrote: Thanks Volcano Man. But is there anything else you can say about the AI in your game? Can it give you a good game at all, either in shorter scenarios or campaigns? Or do you recommend this game only be played against a human (including yourself)?

Cheers,

Peter

Well, what can I say, it is artificial intelligence. As Al said, it can give a decent/good game in a small scenario, but once you try a campaign then you will likely find that it isn't very smart with long term strategies.

That said, you can/should use the AI to learn the game and beat up on it, then either continue to play against the AI in small scenarios or you can shift to solitaire or PBEM for larger ones.
Send this user an email
04-26-2015, 07:01 AM,
Ok. Got it. Thanks, both of you!

Peter