• Downloads

Kind of Quiet Around Here!?
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM,
RE: Kind of Quiet Around Here!?
Bolo is doing very well, I might add!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 02:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 03:03 AM by Crossroads.)
Busy summer, real life ain't all bad as I've found out. Helmet Smile

At the moment I'm Beta testing Middle East, working on a couple of Forgotten Battles scenarios for MCS, proofing the imminent 2.02 UPDATE release...

All's good, in other words. Read2WritePropeller Hat

(07-23-2014, 05:10 AM)Bolo Wrote: But hey, I know what you are all thinking... "Who cares, new guy"? Hahahaha.

Seems your finding your feet quite quickly Helmet Smile Welcome2
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-17-2014, 04:35 AM,
Not sure if I'm in the minority on this, but I wasn't impressed with 2.0. My favorite game forever, having played since 98', I thought the game was almost perfect.
My main issue is with the interface; losing that fat toolbar on the bottom hurt. Especially not having a zoom out/in button, which I am a big user of as I play on all views. Now I have all these little micro icons, mostly those I never use. And by God I can't seem to learn the buttons.
No real issues with the changes to the graphics and audio. Some new explosions are cool. I suppose there were improvements to the editor and stuff.
Nevertheless, I did see some posts which indicated that they were addressing these issues. Is 2.1 going to be this update?

If the powers that be will just give us the option of using the old toolbar, the masses will sleep well at night.
Fortunately, I have 1.4 on one machine, and will continue to play that when possible.
08-17-2014, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 06:30 AM by Crossroads.)
TT, the Classic Toolbar option has been made available in 2.01, but if you don't have it installed yet you might want to wait because 2.02 UPDATE will be released Real Soon Now.

Here's the Coder Diary #18 with intel about the new Toolbar options that were introduced in 2.01: LINK
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-18-2014, 12:01 AM,
Last year I changed careers. My new job is shift work and I have limited play time.

I also lost the use of my left arm in February, to an infection in the shoulder muscle that took out the bicep and most of the triceps along with 90% of the muscle over my left shoulder. Still looking at an operation. But, mostly relying on Physical Therapy and a Stim Unit.
Two week ago I recovered enough muscle to do a pageant wave. But, it still takes me twice as long to do most things. Even typing is a chore.
And, I have not missed a day at work. I'm just glad they let me work when I looked like I was a stroke victim.

Other than that I have two PBEM games going with a couple of patient players.

I'm also looking forward to the fixes. I share TT's revulsion of the tiny icons. But, I know the fix is coming.

HSL
08-18-2014, 02:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014, 02:26 AM by Big Ivan.)
Hey Ed,

I never knew you were in all that difficulty. Sorry to hear about the loss of your arm. It must have been one of those infections I sometimes read about and hope to the Lord I never get.

I hope you get well soon to the point you can function close to normal again!!

If you have a JTCS slot open sometime send something my way. I'm wide open on optional rules and will play with any ROE's. I don't mind a slow turn rate either.

Take Care and Best Always!!
John[ItB]Cigar5
08-18-2014, 03:31 AM,
Hang in there Ed! I had no idea you had it so tough either. Here's hoping you get better soon!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-18-2014, 06:27 AM,
Hey Ed: Smoke7

Sorry to learn of your physical "challenges."

Hope you get better soon! Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-18-2014, 07:17 AM,
Hi Guys,

And, thanks!
The condition is called Brachial Plexity/Plexous.
The infection that got into the shoulder muscle took out the Brachial nerve which supplies the current to run the muscles in the left arm. Within a two week period I lost so much muscle my bones were sticking out.

Be aware. It's causes are viral or bacterial infections. And, they also are finding statistics that show that "middle age men" can get it after taking the flu shot.
Mine was bacterial. I do not do the flu shot.

Regards,

Ed
08-20-2014, 01:45 AM,
(08-18-2014, 07:17 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Be aware. It's causes are viral or bacterial infections. And, they also are finding statistics that show that "middle age men" can get it after taking the flu shot.

Luckily, there are no middle age men around here... Violin

Only young lions such as you and I Wine
Visit us at CSLegion.com