• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kind of Quiet Around Here!?
07-20-2014, 06:36 AM,
Feedback Needed  Kind of Quiet Around Here!?
Hello JTCS Blitzers,

Kind of quiet around here.
What's everybody doing with the new JTCS 2.00/2.01?

As for me I am tinkering with a couple of new designs under 2.01; one in East Front and the other in West Front. I'm also trying to finish my last game under 2.00 before I uninstall it (in favor of 2.01) and looking real shortly at starting a game or two under 2.01. However, because I am a little old fashioned I'm keeping 1.04 installed because I am sentimental!

I've also been reading some of the new manual to refresh the gray matter. I like the new manual, its nicely done.

Chime in if you like and let the group know the latest goings on with your JTCS.
Cheers!Cheers3

Ivan the BigCigar5
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 08:31 AM,
RE: Kind of Quiet Around Here!?
(07-20-2014, 06:36 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: I'm also trying to finish my last game under 2.00 before I uninstall it (in favor of 2.01) and looking real shortly at starting a game or two under 2.01.

Just a heads-up: We anticipate releasing the 2.02 Update soon. Among other things, it will fix the night visibility bug.
07-20-2014, 10:56 PM,
Am busy with the 2D project with EF, have released to Jason work so far, which is coutry codes 0-13(Russia to Yugoslavia), this includes the reworked Polish for both EF/WF, including the LWP in EF and the Forces in Exile for WF!! LOTS of new stuff in the Polish, much help from Marcin and Michal Derela!! Also managing to fit in 5-6 PBEM at the same time, good stuff!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-21-2014, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 02:54 AM by Scud.)
(07-20-2014, 08:31 AM)berto Wrote: Just a heads-up: We anticipate releasing the 2.02 Update soon. Among other things, it will fix the night visibility bug.

Ahh. Another excuse to procrastinate. Smile

My 1.4 has gone away. Playing in 2.0 until my current games are over, then moving up. Finally getting used to the 2.0 toolbar, so not sure if I'll utilize the other options in 2.1 (2.2) or not.

I must confess I didn't do the recommended clean install with my original 1.4 disks. I was too lazy to look for them. Everything worked well, but having now found them I plan on doing the next upgrade the correct way.

Amazing how I'm still addicted to the game after all these years.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-21-2014, 07:42 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

I'm playing a few PBeM matches in 2.01 and play testing my Nomonhan H2H design. Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-23-2014, 02:25 AM,
Work and other things are keeping me pretty busy at the moment but I have a couple of games going in 2.01 and one left in 2.0 to keep me ticking over. Thumbs Up
07-23-2014, 02:29 AM,
Hard at work coding the next game in the new series of JTCS sequels -- Middle East!
07-23-2014, 05:10 AM,
Just playing a few PBEM scenarios. I am too new to be sentimental so I have 2.01 only. Oh, and I'm playing Nomonhon against Warhorse, my first H2H test game.

But hey, I know what you are all thinking... "Who cares, new guy"? Hahahaha.
07-23-2014, 06:36 AM,
(07-23-2014, 05:10 AM)Bolo Wrote: Just playing a few PBEM scenarios. I am too new to be sentimental so I have 2.01 only. Oh, and I'm playing Nomonhon against Warhorse, my first H2H test game.

But hey, I know what you are all thinking... "Who cares, new guy"? Hahahaha.

New blood is good bloodBig Grin
07-23-2014, 09:48 AM,
Working on compiling the 2.02 UPDATE and tackling some minor data issues.

Working on Middle East.

Playtesting a number of scenarios and tweaking the Smolensk maps for the distant 2.10 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email