• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patch?
08-21-2014, 04:05 AM,
RE: Patch?
I was wondering whether you guys were going to get to modern warfare. I've been really in the mood for some Fulda Gap battles. :)
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2014, 02:14 AM,
With the top view graphics, will there be an optional rule for facing?
08-25-2014, 01:02 PM,
(08-25-2014, 02:14 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: With the top view graphics, will there be an optional rule for facing?

Hi OJW,

There is no planned rule for facing. The top down graphics are fixed in the predominant direction of the combatants so they can look a little weird when units have passed each other. It's this factor that prevented us using them as the default graphic.

We had numerous debates about facing at this scale but took into account the fact that turns are currently 30 minutes long. In the vast majority of cases units would re-orientate within five minutes to nullify any opportunity, flanking fire would have. We have added a further modifier for firing downhill to increase the importance of heights and the weakness of top armor. This is the inverse of the modifier for firing up hill.

There is quite a spirited discussion on facing and its merit or otherwise in the monster thread (from memory) here;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65518

David
09-03-2014, 03:09 AM,
David,

can you share please any news regarding patch? When are you planning to realize it? Thank you!
09-03-2014, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM by Strela.)
(09-03-2014, 03:09 AM)fetmun Wrote: David,

can you share please any news regarding patch? When are you planning to realize it? Thank you!

Hi Fetmun,

Thanks for the question. The patch is being developed in parallel to the next title in the series. We have had some big requests for features and changes for that title that if implemented will be available in the first patch. John Tiller just sent through a new build today that fixed all the bugs we have seen to date. He is now considering the 'new feature' requests.

We are also testing more of the multi-player scenarios to fix both errors and balance. These play tests are critical as it is providing feedback on whether certain components in game are broken or just misunderstood.

We have no set release time but it will definitely be before Xmas and possibly as early as next month. We could tweak it forever to be honest, but will have it in players hands as soon as possible.

I expect there will be at least one more patch after this one that will coincide with the release of the next title in the series. The aim will be to include any final features & further scenario tweaks then.

David
09-04-2014, 03:14 AM,
Ummm then we can expect next title in serie with final improvements next year no??? something like one year after Kursk???

In the end the "2nd stage" patch (the one released with new title) has defined new features or is something open on this moment???

Thanks and good luck.
09-04-2014, 11:34 AM,
(09-04-2014, 03:14 AM)Xaver Wrote: Ummm then we can expect next title in serie with final improvements next year no??? something like one year after Kursk???

In the end the "2nd stage" patch (the one released with new title) has defined new features or is something open on this moment???

Thanks and good luck.

To be honest, we don't know when the next title will be out. It is a fair way along in terms of content but needs some rigorous testing and adjustment to the scenarios (particularly the earlier ones). We need a number of the new features quickly to represent some of the situations in the new title. These will be added to Kursk in one of the two potential patches planned. In my ideal world the new title would be out next year Helmet Wink as I have a backlog of projects building up! Reel life though always has a bigger impact and it will be done when it's done.

Additionally we have some new team members looking at content, this is a long term positive in building these games quicker.

As far as what features, we have defined a wishlist with rationale. It's up to John to decide whether the requests are reasonable/feasible and when they can be coded.

Thanks,

David
09-12-2014, 09:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 09:38 PM by Xaver.)
Thanks for the info Strela.

Ummm i dont remember ask about how the new features affect "Armored battles" are both series in a communicating vessels situation or both are in a relative single evolution???

I am curious about how you solve the vision range area... maybe like in SPMBT with a top range by vision modules mounted but the main problem for me is how work cover here... be behind a forest is not a great deal if enemy can see your hot ass hehehe.

At least in AB bunkers are going to be less problematic... but maybe urban combat... even in more "wild" areas Big Grin2
09-12-2014, 11:13 PM,
All updates for Panzer Battles will go into Armor Battles. There will obviously be particular rules to reflect the differences in technologies between WW2 and the more modern era

The Armor Battles team have been trying a range of different configurations to get the game feel that they want.

David