• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
12-23-2013, 08:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 08:41 AM by Strela.)
This Just In  The Competition & Teaser Thread
As previously mentioned, we are offering a free copy of the project I am currently working on.

The aim is to provide some clues to the community and the first person who guesses the title correctly will be notified and get a copy on release.

Each member of the Blitz gets ONE guess, which has to be in the format of the game series and title. For example a valid guess would be Panzer Campaigns : Operation Dragoon

The person who gets both the game series and is closest to the title wins. If multiple guesses from the same person are submitted, only the first one will be considered. Your guess must be submitted in this thread.

Some clues have been revealed in another thread and they are included below.

David

The first clue provided is a section of Map;

[Image: 5112f92913PB%20Map.png]

The second clue is some of the Side Graphics

[Image: 8bc7634d08PB%20Graphics.png]

The third clue is the built in fortifications;

2x Size

[Image: 79765390abPB%20Graphics%202%20big.png]

1x Size

[Image: d6a35c995cPB%20Graphics%202.png]

The fourth clue is counter art. There are three types of counter art included in game with a slot for modders. We have used that slot to put some top down counters in game. Counter art can be changed in game on the fly. You can also see the second set of side graphics that are included with a units 'transport' in the corner rather than behind the soldier. The counters shown have Divisional Markings on.

2x Counter size

[Image: d273128dd2Example%20Counters%20large%20combined.png]

1x Counter Size

[Image: 5b9a44d45cExample%20Counters.png]
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 09:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 09:13 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
David, very cool.

My guess is Panzer Battles: Kursk '43 based on the Tiger strength and other weapons!

And I like the fortification graphics.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-23-2013, 09:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 09:21 AM by Strela.)
(12-23-2013, 09:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: David, very cool.

My guess is Panzer Battles: Kursk '43 based on the Tiger strength and other weapons!

Rick

Be careful Rick. Helmet Wink

We build our TOE's at authorised strength. The actual scenarios may be significantly below these values.

The values shown here are as authorised....

David
12-23-2013, 09:24 AM,
(12-23-2013, 09:20 AM)Strela Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 09:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: David, very cool.

Rick

Be careful Rick. Helmet Wink

We build our TOE's at authorised strength. The actual scenarios may be significantly below these values.

The values shown here are as authorised....

David
That is what I was trying to go by Big Grin at least for the Tigers.

Rick
12-23-2013, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 09:32 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Panzer Battles: Kharkov

I was also going to say Kursk like on the other thread where this all started, but RickeyB beat me to this one. Grrrrrr
12-23-2013, 09:55 AM,
Wow...Those are some really nice graphics and counters. Thumbs Up
12-23-2013, 10:08 AM,
Ricky is spot on since the Soviets defended Hill 230.1 on July 7, 1943 in
Kursk Russia. Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-23-2013, 10:13 AM,
I couldn't find a reference to that Ed, but I found other hills with similar elevation in the Kursk area, unlike say Normandy.

Rick
12-23-2013, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 10:42 AM by Richie61.)
I think the Panther was used at hill 230.1.
Quote:GD PzGrD Division reached hill 254.5 at the crossroad leading to Yakovlevo, and the tanks turn northwest toward Hill 230.1

Quote:Hill 252.2 was around 3 kilometers southwest of Prokhorovka Station

Quote:It worked over the positions on Hill 252.2 and around the Oktaibr'skii State Farm

Big Grin
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-23-2013, 03:09 PM,
I've had the privilege of beta testing some of the scenarios. I have to say even after playing some three times over they don't get boring. Combined Arms shine in this game. You want to clear bunkers with air strikes , arty, engineers, infantry and assault guns? yup you can do that. Tanks on tanks, always fun. Infantry against tanks I did that. An infantry assault into a town to clear it of enemy troops. I did that one three times...it still makes me smile. I can say this game is not a beer and pretzel project. Helmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman