• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Rules Bug
07-01-2014, 10:37 AM,
RE: Night Rules Bug
Berto,

Thank you very much for the quick response on this bug. Looking forward to the release.

Schwerpunkt75
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM,
(06-30-2014, 08:53 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Hello All,

I am not sure you want to set the night visibility exactly to one. That would been there would be no difference between a night with a full moon and a starless overcast new moon night.

From page 71 in the game manual:

Quote:"Line of Sight & Illuminated Hexes – The default Line of Sight during a Night scenario is variable
between one and two hexes."

I think that should be implemented to give more flavor to night scenarios.

@5 Leichte Div: If you shoot at gun flashes you will hit a random unit in a hex not necessarily the one you selected.

Thanx!

Hawk

Hello, Kids :
Just to clarify for Mr. Kriegman's info ... ( Hello, Sir ! )

I was playing " HOTSEAT ", the EF's " Hollow Triumph" scenario. The visibility is set at '8' during night/squalls ( pleasant , huh ? ), a D. Bevard scn.

You could indeed see the 8 hexes, get hit by OPfire, too. Also, You can see any revealed multi-units in a target hex -- and the random target effect mentioned before would occur randomly -- sometimes you would NOT hit the preferred target, but some other one in that target hex.

I just took it for a game/scenario feature. A bug -- can't say -- but I'm OK with it ; after all , the weather is a "night/squall". The v2.01 played OK otherwise. Lots more options to consider and available for scenario designers. So far, I like this update , tho there is plenty that I've yet to tinker.

Carry on, Lads

5 Leichte Div Helmet Rolleyes
08-03-2014, 11:13 AM,
Bringing this back up to the top.

Any updates on progress with Update 2.02?
08-03-2014, 01:31 PM,
(08-03-2014, 11:13 AM)Schwerpunkt75 Wrote: Any updates on progress with Update 2.02?

It's entering the release phase. Shouldn't be more than a week or two from now.
08-04-2014, 05:40 AM,
Guys has the visibility issue/bug with night scenarios been resolved?

Thank you!
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" --Ronald Reagan
08-04-2014, 06:28 AM,
(08-04-2014, 05:40 AM)Big Dawg Wrote: Guys has the visibility issue/bug with night scenarios been resolved?

It will be in the 2.02 Update, due out in a week or two.
08-05-2014, 02:35 AM,
The 2.02 UPDATE has been sent to Matrix/Slitherine today. As Berto mentions, it will take a couple weeks of compiling and testing before it's released.

Very soon though!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email