• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario, anyone?
03-19-2014, 12:37 AM,
Scenario, anyone?
I have room for a few more games. I prefer scenarios over quick battles, just about anything except really huge scenarios is OK with me. I would prefer to play it blind -- no peeking at the map or the OOB beforehand. I have CMBN / CW / MG

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 06:13 AM,
RE: Scenario, anyone?
Sure, anything special in mind?

I would propose either "Lonsdale's Block", "Drive on the Dreijenseweg" or "Counterattack at Son" from the MG module. Haven't played any of those.

But I'm also open to other suggestions.
03-19-2014, 08:05 AM,
I'm playing Lonsdale right now, and I have played Counterattack at Son....so how about "Drive on the Dreijenseweg." I will take either side.

03-19-2014, 08:19 AM,
(03-19-2014, 08:05 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I'm playing Lonsdale right now, and I have played Counterattack at Son....so how about "Drive on the Dreijenseweg." I will take either side.

OK, PM sent to exchange EMail / first file.
03-19-2014, 08:33 AM,
If you're still looking for opponents, why don't you give the new matchmaking system a try?
Send this user an email
03-19-2014, 09:13 AM,
I guess I don't see the point behind the Matchmaking feature. It limits me to contacting four opponents per day? on the Forum I can contact the whole Blitz universe. Can you explain to me what the features and benefits of the Matchmaking feature are?

03-19-2014, 07:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 03:36 AM by raz_atoth.)
(03-19-2014, 09:13 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I guess I don't see the point behind the Matchmaking feature. It limits me to contacting four opponents per day? on the Forum I can contact the whole Blitz universe. Can you explain to me what the features and benefits of the Matchmaking feature are?

For starters it allows you to get opponents which match your experience level. Probably not an issue in your particular case, but for a bootcamper i guess it's better to play his first games against some fellow bootcampers rather than against the ladder sharks Wink

Second, while posting on the forums has a certain passive approach(you wait for others to reply), the matchmaking takes the active route - you ask other players to play against you. I don't have any solid stats - but i think the second approach will get you more opponents.

Third, the matchmaking system chooses the opponents at random. For some users this might have some appeal.

Fourth - although you're limited to contacting 4 opponents per day (due to potential spam issues) you can check the 'Also post in the forum' tickbox and a forum thread will automatically be created. This i believe combines the best from both worlds. Or with other words you can have your cake and eat it too Helmet Wink
Send this user an email