• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MG's won't deploy weapon???
01-25-2014, 08:24 PM,
MG's won't deploy weapon???
Anybody else encounter a machine gun team that won't deploy their weapon when located in a building? I've had it happen enough times that I think there must be some secret requirement for how they're positioned in the building or something. Right now I have 2 .30 machine guns in a building, one on the 2nd level and one on the 3rd, no other units on those levels, and they simply will not deploy the machine gun.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2014, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 12:14 AM by raz_atoth.)
RE: MG's won't deploy weapon???
It will deploy eventually, but it might need a couple of minutes. That's a game feature introduced in the latest patches to simulate the time it takes to build the support the MG needs in order to fire from a window.
Send this user an email
01-26-2014, 09:29 AM,
Ach so.....

Thanks.

01-29-2014, 01:10 AM,
It's good to know this. In one game I thought the deploying will never end, so I gave the team a new firing order. Which probably started the deployment process from beginning :(
02-06-2014, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 06:46 AM by cargol.)
MG inside a building needs 2.3 minutes in order to be deployed instead of 20 sec when being deployed in the open.
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM,
The MGs seem to have this problem where if placed in buildings and given a Target Arc order as a circular "range" order, they seem to pack up and repack every time they finish deploying.
02-07-2014, 03:38 PM,
(02-06-2014, 12:09 PM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: The MGs seem to have this problem where if placed in buildings and given a Target Arc order as a circular "range" order, they seem to pack up and repack every time they finish deploying.

Have you tried it with a "face" command?
02-08-2014, 12:01 AM,
I haven't conducted the most thorough study but I think my guys have taken well beyond 2.3 minutes. Perhaps getting shot at makes the process take even longer.

02-08-2014, 02:30 AM,
(02-08-2014, 12:01 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I haven't conducted the most thorough study but I think my guys have taken well beyond 2.3 minutes. Perhaps getting shot at makes the process take even longer.

That is probably correct. I was playing last night and my MG teams were indeed setting up in the house correctly. I noticed, which I didn't notice before that down in the area of the UI where it tells you how much time it will take to "deploy," it normally says 20 seconds or something. When in the house, I saw it said 2.3 minutes. I had never seen or noticed that before. My MG team was not being fired at and sure enough, after 2.3 minutes they were set-up properly.