• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
I own every game that HPS and Tiller has sold.

Yes, you are right. I can yawn if I want to.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 04:52 PM,
(01-05-2014, 04:31 PM)Strela Wrote: No one is forcing you to read this thread or buy the game, but if you're going to make a supposedly 'informed' comment, please add some attribution before you mislead others.

Strela,

To be totally honest with you here. You posted in the Squad Battle section
"It could be a Squad Battles title...!!!" and I followed the link you put there to here.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65519

I thought this was going to be a new SB title from your post..... Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-05-2014, 04:54 PM,
I was reading this thread in consideration of buying the game.
And after I read the "developers" have taken it in another direction, I won't be getting it.
Thats why I thanked you for the heads up.
Send this user an email
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM,
As phone games i myself was skeptical but have already seen in the past 2 weeks someone post on this very site buying the full version of his first Tiller game ever. I have retreated from Plan A and I see what it can do for all the different series in introducing new people to Tiller games.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-05-2014, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM by Strela.)
(01-05-2014, 04:54 PM)keif149 Wrote: I was reading this thread in consideration of buying the game.
And after I read the "developers" have taken it in another direction, I won't be getting it.
Thats why I thanked you for the heads up.

Keif149,

No problem, that's your choice, glad I helped you either ways.

(01-05-2014, 04:52 PM)Richie61 Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 04:31 PM)Strela Wrote: No one is forcing you to read this thread or buy the game, but if you're going to make a supposedly 'informed' comment, please add some attribution before you mislead others.

Strela,

To be totally honest with you here. You posted in the Squad Battle section
"It could be a Squad Battles title...!!!" and I followed the link you put there to here.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65519

I thought this was going to be a new SB title from your post..... Wink

Richie61,

That post was to promote the competition. My statement regarding misleading others was specifically related to Kief149 and phone games.

Most have gleaned through this thread and others that this isn't a SB game, but if you feel I've mislead you I apologize.

David
01-05-2014, 10:01 PM,
Sorry, my fault, PzC time scale is 2 hours day turns 4 night turns and in MC 3 hours day turns and 6 hours night turns with this yes, in PzB 30 minutes turns is correct (2hours/4 and 1km/4).

Maybe i prefer smaller turns because this give more options in a 2-3 hours fight, is not the same 4-6 turns than have 8-12 and PzB for me looks more tactical in the fights, this is why i prefer a 15 minutes turn over 30... maybe is question of give the 2 options... like in Nap titles where are scens using 15 minutes turns or 10 minutes turns but well, first have game in my hands and them see if time scale is good or bad for me but compared with other wargame i have in same scale (but using realtime and variable turns size) the 30 minutes is a little big.

Of course is a Tiller game and it has his chance in my HD but my experience is that not allways Tiller hit the point i think now in REN, interesting period but not very well covered because engine was excesive napoleonic and things that in Nap titles are a minor problem in REN are a big problem (how work shoot units for me is the biggest problem, they cant evade melee like in other wargames and limit their value a lot).

The phone games... have their point but well my limited play time is not to waste in "semi-games" and to cover extra free time i have my kindle hehehe but i understand their value as first contact for guys that are out of Tiller world and well here they do fine their job.

I cant wait to see the game notes, i am surprised by the lack of night fatigue rules, i know that tactical games usually dont have this in consideration but this is in the middle and made night fights harder... is not bad and you can allways have this as an optional rule.
01-06-2014, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 03:43 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
<------------Fan chomping at the bit! I read or was told it would be more about centering on more depth of a given battle than an overall campaign. Using your MG example, you get that with PzCs in a more abstract manner as larger units. Whereas it sounds like PBs will make you pay more attention to your weapon types as well. Enemy range 5 will only have x amount of weapons that can fire that far and others cannot like in SBs. To me, the biggest thing is it sounds like this would be a better fit for some of the larger scenarios I had mentioned I'd love to see. I think it would be cool to have the whole Jerusalem in 67 or Hue in Vietnam. Market Garden itself lends to good scenarios that I think should have scenarios that cover the entire Br 1AB, another with the 82nd, another with the 101st and more that cover each division in XXX Corps and yes a final overall scenario that covers the entire campaign. But that's just me.
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM,
Hmm, if there are 60 scenarios, it might not be a single battle. Maybe it will just be a collection of scenarios for famous battles initially, or something like LSSAH in WWII or the more well known SS divisions in WWII just to name an example.
01-06-2014, 08:35 PM,
Well, the question is if we talk about 60 scenarios or 20 scenarios to play A side as human + 20 to play B side as human + 20 scenarios for PBEM... and well campaign is the clasic SQB system of linked scens or we can see big maps to play campaign over it??? at this scale you can fight days over the same map portion.

I dont really expect titles covering diferent actions of a famous unit because this mean many OOBs like in Nap titles for example, i think more in titles covering in the best situation PzC battles but in reduced scale, i think in a Normandy title covering the main battles at this scale for example, think that PzB doesnt need cover the holes between the main actions, PzB can cover the fights and leave the roads to them.

Maybe the interesting point is how the new engine is new, know the adition of a malus for staking units and no presence of night fatigue... this change a lot how play and if in the end we have an east title i am really curious about how play soviets, for example i play a game where at this scale soviets have company size units for tanks/infantry VS platoon in west allies... we can see this in PzB or not???.

2 weeks of competition
01-07-2014, 03:08 AM,
Where's Darran and Raz? This jewel is going to need it's own forum Rolling Eyes
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman