• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
12-29-2013, 04:32 PM,
Another way to win!!!!
So do you think you've got no chance of winning a copy of my latest project due to all the best 'guesses' being taken?

Thanks to Steve over at the Scenario Design Center he is offering another copy for the community to try and win.

Just follow this link to get all the details of how to enter and win!

Link to the Scenario Design Centre Competition!!!

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 10:52 PM,
RE: Another way to win!!!!
Thanks, i send my personal ravings expect they dont be deleted automatically as spam LOL

I feel a commotion in the force game is close... or not Propeller Hat
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
A little question, now that is 100% secure we talk about a PzB title... can we see the faq info??? i supose PzB has something like the one in France14 to teach diferences between WWI and PzC and i think PzB is closer to PzC than to SB, and maybe know a little more about game engine, thanks.

PD: i read about a 3rd competition based in AARs... this means more time waiting PzB??? i expect see the game sometime after 1st year week and not a lot far from february start.
01-04-2014, 06:56 AM,
Don't JTCS and Panzer Battles have the same 250m scale?

I thought John Tiller's Campaign Series is a tactical wargame based on 250 metre hexes and six-minute turns.

The Tiller site says this:
Panzer Battle wargames fit in scale between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns, having 250 meter hexes and platoon units. Panzer Battle wargames are designed to focus on tank battle and ranged fire.

Isn't PB just a newer version of the old title that John Tiller does own?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-04-2014, 11:57 AM,
It's my understanding that each Panzer Battles game will simulate a battle at 250 meters and 30 minute turns. You won't be able to create your own scenarios of other battles or generate random battles.
01-04-2014, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 06:02 PM by ComradeP.)
30 minute turns? Wouldn't that give a big advantage to mobile units as a defender with mostly infantry units wouldn't really be able to do much until it's too late at that scale?
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM,
(01-04-2014, 06:01 PM)ComradeP Wrote: 30 minute turns? Wouldn't that give a big advantage to mobile units as a defender with mostly infantry units wouldn't really be able to do much until it's too late at that scale?

Average walking speed allows to travel 2km in half hour. With 250m hex it would be 8hexes in a turn, so not so static I think. NB. Campaign Series game has got 250m hexes and 6 min turns, and it works ok for that game whenreunits are of platoon size.
01-04-2014, 08:17 PM,
If i dont remember bad SQB turns represent 5 minutes... a game between SQB and PzC... for me needs the PzC time divided by 4 (or 2.5x compared with SQB), lets see 15 minutes turns, think in combat you can move 2 km in one hour this means you can move 500m in one turn, maybe less is not a great problem... i dont know if PzB has travel model, this can 2x or 3x the speed for a total of 4 to 6 km in an hour in not combat movement.

I think that game notes/FAQ can explain this... and maybe the "diferences between PzC and PzB" file hehehe.
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM,
(01-04-2014, 11:57 AM)cdrost Wrote: You won't be able to create your own scenarios of other battles or generate random battles.

If this title follows the SqB/PzC style that we are all so familiar with then that is correct, there will be included in the title a set of scenarios of differing length and unit density covering different aspects of the battle/campaign being represented.

I have not played CS but i guess this will be the main design difference CS players thinking of playing PB will have to get used to.
01-05-2014, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 01:29 AM by PzKw43.)
Strela posted the following back in September:

Not certain where you heard about Armor Battles, but Panzer Battles is the WW2 series and Armor Battles the modern equivalent.

This new series is a completely different scale to both Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns and neatly fits between them.

It is also not a focus just on armor (despite the name) but rather a very good combined arms simulation.

A lot of the strengths of its sister games series have been included so you will see features that are familiar with Squad Battles as well as some elements from Panzer Campaigns.

The description - 'Grand Tactical' probably best fits this system with a real differentiation between weapons systems and big enough forces that you feel like you are achieving something significant. I expect scenarios will range in size from battalion through to a maximum of Corp and will be no longer than about a day in length (35 - 40 turns).

For Panzer Battles it is 250 meters per hex and 30 minute daylight turns (60 min night).

Panzer Campaigns is Company/Battalion while Panzer Battles is Platoon/Company.